Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Too Easy?

EtrisEtris Member Posts: 13
Is it just me or does this game seem far too easy to hold anyone's attention for more than a month?  I'm drooling for a new game just like the rest of the community but these 10 second bright flashing red marks on the ground screaming "don't stand in me and win" seem a bit TOO easy.

Comments

• SkeedidSkeedid Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Etris
    Is it just me or does this game seem far too easy to hold anyone's attention for more than a month?  I'm drooling for a new game just like the rest of the community but these 10 second bright flashing red marks on the ground screaming "don't stand in me and win" seem a bit TOO easy.

I think it's the exact opposite. Another recent MMO that had telegraphs was The Secret World and the nightmare dungeons in that game were HARD. With telegraphs, monsters can have more one-hit KO spells where if you don't move out of them you're dead, end of story. There's no easy BS like WoW where if you don't move you only get taken to 50% health. And players can't really complain because there's a giant red indicator on the ground telling you to move. 

It puts a lot of pressure on the entire group not to mess up because one mistake will one-shot you (which is probably how it will be in the hardest level of dungeons). Sure, moving out of a single telegraph is easy but can you keep it up for 5 minutes straight?

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

The whole selling point on Wildstar is the game is not easy.  Carbine has made a point that there are to many easy games out there and their goal is to make Wildstar challenging which is why their target audiences are the hardcore 1% and veteran players.  Will the game end up challenging?  That remains to be see.

In regards to Telegraphs they have been used for many years by  most raid games. but generally only on raid bosses, dungeon bosses and very few open world mobs. Wildstars intention to make normal trash open world mobs more complex is an idea we will have to wait and try and see f it actually works.  There is a fine line between difficult, challenging and tedious.  Let us wait and see how they do.

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    One  cannot judge how easy  a game is purely by watching a video.
  • TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Zarriya
    One  cannot judge how easy  a game is purely by watching a video.

Especially when those videos are of low level characters.  

OP I think you should have thought this one out first...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith