Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you can only pick one thing GW2 needs to improve what would it be?

124»

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

WvW.......a completed redesign.

24/7 conflict.....maps 10x bigger than they are now....strong anti zerg design elements....strong incentives to defend territorry etc etc

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Holy trinity to make my class meaningful.

Did you miss reading my OP last sentence?, if you didn't then you are in here trolling.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• PiechunksPiechunks Member Posts: 136

Damn only one thing....

COMBAT. I really don't like it. I would like something more fluid, or more action like, or more skill-oriented than what exists now.

There's not enough resources to manage, or rotations to divine to hold my interest. It's a trivialized version of hotkey combat with a dodge mechanic thrown in to make sure you haven't fallen asleep (could be bijected to pretty much WoWs various class-specific dodge mechanics/debuffs/buffs anyway).

Were it not for exploration/jumping puzzles and the other candy I would have probably asked for a refund.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Holy trinity to make my class meaningful.

Did you miss reading my OP last sentence?, if you didn't then you are in here trolling.

But that's one thing that would make the game better the quickest and easiest . . .

Anyway, I'd like to see them expand weapon skills to named weapons. So that you can mix n match abilities not just based on weapon type, but on which weapon you equip. This opens up possibilities for pve, pvp, and character customization.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Fix the PVP because right now it is... boring and pointless. Promotes zerging etc.
  • AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Unlock all weapon slots, and let you choose between several weapon skills (of course, they will need to add more skills for each weapon) Also, you will be able to place a non-weapon skill in a weapon skill slot.... Like the old GW 1

• wsmarwsmar Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

24/7 conflict.....maps 10x bigger than they are now....strong anti zerg design elements....strong incentives to defend territorry etc etc

There is no fixing WvW. There isn't any kind of class synergy in GW2, that is normally present with the holy trinity, which they decided wasn't necessary to create a good pvp experience (They were very wrong). It isn't about the zerg. The zerg is only a problem because there's no legitimate way of combating it in this game because all of the classes at their core are the same. All of the classes have similar survivability and most can do similar amounts of damage and the gear is all similarly powerful, which ultimately limits players to tactics inspired more by realistic warfare, which thanks to GW2 is now known as the unholy trinity, range, regeneration, and run the hell away. If I wanted to play this style of game that is actually fun, I could play a first person shooter. So basically melee is inefficient and useless in most cases in WvW because there is no dedicated healer class, and all of the classes have very similar survivability. Typically in a game that uses the holy trinity, melee classes have more survivability than their ranged counterparts. That gap isn't there in GW2.

They could have looked more in-depth into games like DaOC and especially Warhammer, but instead all they did was copy and paste DaOC's 3 faction system, and Warhammer's objective based open pvp system. They didn't look at the subtleties of Warhammer that in my opinion made it the greatest war/pvp game ever created. They ruined something that had so much potential by implementing their funky downed system mechanics and most importantly removing the tried and true holy trinity and making every class literally the same. GW2 doesn't cater to group play because every class can do everything. They made siege weapons so powerful that not having them puts you at a horrible disadvantage. They could have taken a clue from WAR and made siege weapons that were beneficial sometimes, but not freakin OP like they are in GW2.

I could go on and on but it probably would just be meaningless because these changes will never happen.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Despite its faults, its still the best next generaiton mmo in some time. Classes have a lot of synergy, it's just not based on the same game from 15 years ago. Having said that,

What I think the game needs is more permancy. I would love for them to do to the pve world what they do to Wvw. Whereas, dynamic event progression in areas directly effect overall rewards and difficulty of the area. For instance, if no one does 2 or 3 dynamic events within a certain time in the game,  xp becomes less, gold becomes less and it effects nearby zones.  I would love for them to even do what Rift does, which is take away certain locations (which they do do in later zones) away.  

They are definately going in the right direction with the world bosses, but i'd love to see a timer on it. Also, i'd love to see them break down the participating rewards into 5 or 6 instead of 3.  I literally caught the last 25 percent health of a boss and still got a gold participating. that shouldn't be. 

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    Originally posted by wsmar

There is no fixing WvW. There isn't any kind of class synergy in GW2, that is normally present with the holy trinity, which they decided wasn't necessary to create a good pvp experience (They were very wrong). It isn't about the zerg. The zerg is only a problem because there's no legitimate way of combating it in this game because all of the classes at their core are the same. All of the classes have similar survivability and most can do similar amounts of damage and the gear is all similarly powerful, which ultimately limits players to tactics inspired more by realistic warfare, which thanks to GW2 is now known as the unholy trinity, range, regeneration, and run the hell away. If I wanted to play this style of game that is actually fun, I could play a first person shooter. So basically melee is inefficient and useless in most cases in WvW because there is no dedicated healer class, and all of the classes have very similar survivability. Typically in a game that uses the holy trinity, melee classes have more survivability than their ranged counterparts. That gap isn't there in GW2.

They could have looked more in-depth into games like DaOC and especially Warhammer, but instead all they did was copy and paste DaOC's 3 faction system, and Warhammer's objective based open pvp system. They didn't look at the subtleties of Warhammer that in my opinion made it the greatest war/pvp game ever created. They ruined something that had so much potential by implementing their funky downed system mechanics and most importantly removing the tried and true holy trinity and making every class literally the same. GW2 doesn't cater to group play because every class can do everything. They made siege weapons so powerful that not having them puts you at a horrible disadvantage. They could have taken a clue from WAR and made siege weapons that were beneficial sometimes, but not freakin OP like they are in GW2.

I could go on and on but it probably would just be meaningless because these changes will never happen.

WvW can be fixed. I suggested to them that they should have the "2 week wear" but have a beginning time and end time each day with points accumalated for that day only. Institute an area that is a battlezone, whereas specific guilds from each server face off in "matches" after signing up for them.  These points add to the WvW.  People are very results oriented beings and for me its hard to get into something knowing that it really doesnt end for a few weeks and the end is all that matters.  by making each day a match , they put more importance on the microfuncitonality of thebattles.  

Siege engines are very important and i think shouldn't be touched. But instead create zones that siege engines can't go in and give these zones higher point values. Things like valleys and caves and underwater. 

• DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197
    A skill system like gw1...never liked weapon skills gw2 has, just make it like a deck build again

• wsmarwsmar Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by dontadow

Despite its faults, its still the best next generaiton mmo in some time. Classes have a lot of synergy, it's just not based on the same game from 15 years ago. Having said that,

What I think the game needs is more permancy. I would love for them to do to the pve world what they do to Wvw. Whereas, dynamic event progression in areas directly effect overall rewards and difficulty of the area. For instance, if no one does 2 or 3 dynamic events within a certain time in the game,  xp becomes less, gold becomes less and it effects nearby zones.  I would love for them to even do what Rift does, which is take away certain locations (which they do do in later zones) away.  

They are definately going in the right direction with the world bosses, but i'd love to see a timer on it. Also, i'd love to see them break down the participating rewards into 5 or 6 instead of 3.  I literally caught the last 25 percent health of a boss and still got a gold participating. that shouldn't be. 

There is no class synergy in this game. It's just the way it is.. They wanted to create a game that was group friendly, and people wonder why that never happened. It doesn't work because every class at its core is the same, every class can do everything, why group if you don't need to.

Originally posted by dontadow
    Originally posted by wsmar

WvW can be fixed. I suggested to them that they should have the "2 week wear" but have a beginning time and end time each day with points accumalated for that day only. Institute an area that is a battlezone, whereas specific guilds from each server face off in "matches" after signing up for them.  These points add to the WvW.  People are very results oriented beings and for me its hard to get into something knowing that it really doesnt end for a few weeks and the end is all that matters.  by making each day a match , they put more importance on the microfuncitonality of thebattles.  

Siege engines are very important and i think shouldn't be touched. But instead create zones that siege engines can't go in and give these zones higher point values. Things like valleys and caves and underwater. 

That doesn't fix WvW at all. What you want created is essentially Guild vs Guild matches which can already take place in the tournaments. I don't even feel like you read anything I wrote because first of all this doesn't even make sense. Second of all, GW2 caters to the casual community, no one would actually want to do this because it would require some kind of commitment. This doesn't fix the actual pvp that will occur in WvW. It will still be an awful ranged fuckfest.

If you say siege engines shouldn't be touched, then why create zones that don't allow siege engines??? That makes absolutely no sense, and you are literally going against what you just said. All of the siege weapons are overpowered, and take away from the actually battles that could be occurring between players.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Stories, add better stories with more depth and espescially add more... more... more...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)