Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you can only pick one thing GW2 needs to improve what would it be?

Comments

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Two things that would make all the difference in the world to me :

Open dungeons like Darkness Falls both pvp and pve  variety ....open all the time

Adjustable scaling on every dungeon in the game from solo to 40 man raids for every stage of every dungeon story, explorable and frac in the game

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

- i would lower the experience gain. In GW2 every fart you blow gives you experience (which is good in my book) so let every fart give a lot less experience.

- add in depth housing where you build your house from scratch (like rift)... id love to build some jumping puzzles inGW2 just to get into my house lol and let people do the JPs and tips me for doing a good job

- more in depth dynamic events that dont repeat a million times in a day (instead they keep growing, evolving and changing for longer periods of time with more outcomes)

- add Guild Vs Guild (within same server AND cross server) wars with guild leaderboards.

- I would make night time events a lot more different than day time events.

- I would add more pets to necromancers and not make them take utility slots (instead like the rangers that you map the pets you want to F2,F3,F4 etc (while keeping F1 for the death shroud).

-make pets usefull that dont die with one-two shots from the weakest mobs.

- add  one or two weapons for each class with a set of healing skills only (you want to heal in a group you swap to the healing weapon on the go, swap back to offensive weapon to fight, or mix and match between dual wield dmg + healing weapon). This way you still can have some nice healing builds without forcing the crappy trinity system on the game.

Sorry i cant just pick one thing, i love GW2 very much and i would add/change anything to keep me logging in every day.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    More challenging content and reduced grind.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    Originally posted by Maelzrael
    Originally posted by elocke
    I would put a mechanic in the game, something along the line of PROGRESSION, that would make me want to log in and work on a character whether he is level 1 or 80.  At 80 progression basically disappears and it's all about stupid crap.  I don't feel invested at all in my toons.

This.

I have over 1000 hours now(nothing better to do) and I have absolutely no desire to log in. They really need to stop with this limited one time content and story crap and get some 10 man instanced progression type content of some sort already. As soon as a new decent mmo comes out that has Raids or some sort of meaningful progression at endgame I will most likely stop playing Gw2 until they release something to do that's worthwhile.

Honest question again...

If you want raid grind based end games, you have tons of decent to good games on the market. A few of the best: WoW, LotRO, Rift, and yeah, even SW:TOR has raids if you're into Sci-Fi. Why do you want to turn this game into another carbon copy of those clones when you can play any of those instead, and leave this game to those who do NOT want a dungeon gear grind based "end game"?

I rather play chess than checkers, but you won't find me on a checker forum telling everybody how checkers should be changed to be more like chess. Diversity is good for us customers, we don't need all MMORPGs to be carbon copies of WoW.

I don't see why we cant have progression in Gw2... The system they have right now with the living story is great if you care about lore and the story of the world. If that stuff isn't what drives you to play though, what reason is there to log in? New back pieces? Roll ANOTHER Alt? No thank you. Even the progression and combat in WvW gets boring after awhile.

You sound like a Hipster honestly, "This is cool the way it is and we don't wanna be like anybody else". That was a good way to sell their game, hell I went for it. I'm not asking them to put in a Trinity system... I just want actual Set pieces to drop off the Bosses in Dungeons, and I want them to add in some 10 man Dungeons as I believe the Gw2 combat system with combos and dodge would lend itself very nicely to some balanced and tough boss fights.

They could even add a totally different kind of progression that nobody has thought about yet, but It needs to drive players to want to log in an participate. It needs to have good balance of challenge, fun, and progression.

Anyways you don't have to so regally defend "your game". I play it too and the world doesn't revolve around just one person.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Combat, make it fun and more people might actually play it.  As it stands today the core combat mechanics are dreadfully boring.  There just aren't enough meaningful skills, there is no real synergy between what they have and far to many passives and bleeds doing all the work.

The one class that appears to have some depth of play is nothing more than a button mashing frenzy.  I hate to use this cliché but size matters, and the size of their hot bar is way to small.

Nice looking world though. Shame.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

I'll throw my chips in the pot and echo many of the comments I've read through in the last seven pages.  I played through 80 at launch and have slowly drifted away from the game after my guild deteriorated.  I went back for a while to work on legendary, but it didn't stick.

1. WvW experience, PvP experience, and PvE experience should be separate.  I logged into WvW at 30 and didn't stop until 80.  Then I went back to PvE and was totally bored.  The scaling difficulty system is a great idea, but it should be more severe.  I'm a once through kind of player, so the idea of making an Alt and re-discovering the world I've been through doesn't appeal to me.
    And I realize that's my biggest gripe.  There is a lot to love in this game.  I will be back, GW2.  I just need some time to myself and maybe a good guild. 

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    proper trinity and end game progression of some sort.....oh and more interesting build diversity.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Skills.

All the classes needs a lot more skills. In GW you can make some really weird and fun skill combos with a little imagination. While some combos indeed are better than others I do like try out new combos and the more choices the better.

In that I also include how you get the skills. Elite skills you need to cap and skills you get awarded for completing puzzles or other challenging things are also really fun. I spent a lot of time capturing skills in GW so I can use certain builds and put plenty of time into figuring out weird and fun builds.

In GW2 my character feels a lot more similar to the other characters of the same class.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard
    You sound like a Hipster honestly, "This is cool the way it is and we don't wanna be like anybody else".

Why the insult?

I sound like someone who played WoW clones the last 8 years because all decent games were WoW clones, and who doesn't want this one to turn into another "end game" grind. As I said, if you require that kind of "end game", you have tons of games to play... why also turn this one into "just one more of the same"?

If I want dungeon grinds, I will subscribe to any of the games released in the last 8 years, and get more than enough of it. What's nice with GW2 is that I can also log into a game which doesn't have it - a game where I can take a month break during holidays and not come back to be behind everyone else when it comes to gear and stats.

Don't touch GW2. If you want gear grind based end games, go play one of the games which offer that kind of content, don't ruin this one for those who do not want it.

People aren't saying that it has to become another WoW clone. People are sying something has to change. The concept that ANET put forth in the idea of Living Story or Temporary content isn't really working for many. 

The whole idea behind the MMORPG has always been that as a player, you are always building something. A world, a character, an economy....just something that you can log in and slowly build and evolve. This is what they are saying is missing from GW2. 

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Housing.

Yes we have a "personal" neighbourhood but I want to be able to buy/build my own house and decorate it in that neighbourhood.

Also I would like to be able to customize the interior how I see fit.

How about you guys?

Holy trinity crowd can skip this thread all together.

I agree with housing, in the lines of EQ2 or rift. The personal neighborhood is wasted space, you stop by there a couple of times during the main story then never used again.

Originally posted by Datastar
    proper trinity and end game progression of some sort.....oh and more interesting build diversity.

Trinity and standard game progression just would turn the game into every other MMO around. I agree that build diversity never hurts but do you really think that the standard MMO combat mechanics and endgame is the only way?

Personally I think GW2s combat is more fun than anything I played in a long while, that doesn't mean you cant improve it a lot but just doing what everyone else is doing is a bad idea. MMO needs to differ more from each other, not less.

As for the endgame it seems like the old standard endgame is losing fans fast. You didn't exactly say how you wanted them to improve the endgame though and there are of course other possibilities.

In GW: Factions they had guild owned towns on a continent, it was really basic but I think taking that a lot further and include a bit of sandbox elements into it could make an awesome PvP endgame at least. Of course it would have to be in a different continent from the rest of the game, maybe a cross server continent that instead of pairing up servers would pair up guilds against eachothers. It is just a thought though, because you couldn't swap every 2 weeks but maybe you could have a system where the map stayed up until only one guild owned the map and guilds who got wiped would move to a new or something.

PvE endgame is harder. Guildhalls will be added and that will help, building a guildhall together is fun even in PvE but it ain't enough. Raid progression is already overdone in most other MMOs and wont do. Skill collecting like in GW would help somewhat but isn't enough on its own either. Player housing and player and guild owned shops and taverns would also add o the fun and there is actually plenty of room in the towns for that as long as they have a rent you must pay every month kicking out absent players and a minimum inventory for larger places so people just wont log in only to pay the rent and locking up large places without actually selling anything. Of course they would have to increase the broker fee at the auction house to make shopping actually worth the bother but I think it would be worth it.

Must be plenty of other stuff that would keep players busy and amused without making the game exactly like all the other MMOs. GW2 have the basics right but it do need to add more for people who already maxed out a few characters and are happy with how the characters look.

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

People aren't saying that it has to become another WoW clone. People are sying something has to change. The concept that ANET put forth in the idea of Living Story or Temporary content isn't really working for many. 

The whole idea behind the MMORPG has always been that as a player, you are always building something. A world, a character, an economy....just something that you can log in and slowly build and evolve. This is what they are saying is missing from GW2. 

Well put.

Living story and temporary content but have it's good points but I think the game can improve plenty in the endgame part without actually becoming same as most other MMOs.

• sir_rockysir_rocky Member Posts: 3
    the thing i would very much like to change are skills. I hate how i get all my weapon skills on lvl 2 and i use the same skills till 80. i can get all utility skills i want and an elite skill till 30. so what's the point of leveling to 80? When i reach lvl cap i wish to feel like i accomplished something and feel powerful, in gw2 i just don't get that feeling.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Adalwulff

There is no social aspect to the game. I cant say what it needs exactly.

But the game is no different than a solo game. I bought the game mainly for the PvP, but had no idea that the PvE would be soooooo boring.

Nobody says a word, yet there are people running around. Even the global chat is mostly dead.... its weird!!!

Do you say anything? Most people complain there's no talking but don't try to chat themselves. Soon as I speak in game I always get responses from Map chat and even local chat with people doing the same events as me.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    The bottom line is that the OP asked what we the players thought would improve GW2 in *our* opinions. Some of us want some kind of legitimate progression, nobody is saying that it has to be specifically gear-grind end game progression(Which btw you have as an option in gw2 right now anyways, COF p1 anyone?). We are just expressing our lack of interest to even log-in anymore due to the lack of some kind of meaningful progression. You may like things the way they are, but that's not what this thread is about....

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    The bottom line is that the OP asked what we the players thought would improve GW2 in *our* opinions. Some of us want some kind of legitimate progression, nobody is saying that it has to be specifically gear-grind end game progression(Which btw you have as an option in gw2 right now anyways, COF p1 anyone?). We are just expressing our lack of interest to even log-in anymore due to the lack of some kind of meaningful progression. You may like things the way they are, but that's not what this thread is about....

I think in the first expansion we will see some progessive elements added to the game. Right now, if you have full Ascended Accessories, Full Exotics, and a Legendary like myself, then you have nothing else to work towards in the PvE element.

RIght now I'm steadily in WvWvW because they added a progressive system to it and the fixed culling makes the battles very very fun. First expansion will bring more PvE progression though.

• shingoukiehshingoukieh Member UncommonPosts: 126

Someone said it already but I believe the combat is the major thing that needs to be changed.

its just so dull...just spam all ur abilites and wait for cooldowns basically. and on top of that you only use like 5 skills out of 10 for doing actual damage...the other 5 are mostly just support like skills and a long ulti that doesnt seem to be used in regular fights most of the time.

most skills are instant as well. no cast time etc. 

This game is very detailed..im sure everyone in this thread really wants to love GW2 and make it their main game for years to come. it does a good job at keeping people logging in from time to time though. Yeah its the combat....as a pvp player i hate Spvp. maybe another type of gamemode MIGHT get me interested but the combat is gonna make it dull for me again.

Only combat i actually liked in GW2 is the new dragon arena. It reminds me of like an old school FPS map with the buffs and what not. I cant play it for hours but it is fun for a bit. 

I will keep logging into GW2 as long as there is no expansion. At this point i really cant imagine what they can put in an expansion to make me buy it (housing no, class and races no, unlock more of the map zones no).

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Fix traits.  Currently very few builds are actually viable, makes it quite boring.  All the builds I would like - necro minion master, spiritmaster ranger, spiritweapon guardian, turret or flamethrower engineer - are all bad.   
  • NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673
    More meta events, in every map, with actual fail states with much more pronounced effects on the environment.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Originally posted by Valiantus
    Have a dedicated pvp server for open world pvp. All this instanced pvp automatic level 80 is so boring. 

This would be a lot of fun, but apparently this is not a legitimate complaint.   

Not it is only not a legitimate complaint, it's not feasible due to the coding. In a PvE world where events scale to the number of players and where cross-profession combos work you can't have just raw, kill anyone open PvP. 

If you don't want instanced PvP go to world vs world then. That's where the persistent PvP zones are, but it's three faction, not open kill anyone style. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Make outdoors interesting as game suppose to be challenging and better loot so people dont do instance constantly.

Dynamic events should be focus not dungeons.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    RNG

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• SirHoochingtonSirHoochington Member Posts: 6

The one thing I never liked, not sure if it's been mentioned.

The races. Yes, they're interesting...somewhat. I mean, they made a race out of plants. That's pretty cool, IMO. But then they took a race based on vikings, and made them goody-goody druid...things.

I think what I'm trying to say is that this game forces you to be this do-gooder guy/gal and leaves no option in how you play your character. I guess an improved progression system is what I'm trying to say here.

• JappaxxJappaxx Member Posts: 3

How about improve ALL of the game?

cmon as far the artwork is nice the game is nothing special, and classes getting stupid updates and no bug fixes, were  with some of the weapons  you can bug and be teleported into castles walls and this is just an small example, WvW maps are horrible.

Only DPS role exist, all other roles is people trying to get something new, a good DPS damage will always kill 2 or 3 non DPS, being it bunker or wathever still gona get wrecked due every one doing very high damage, it is a kill fast or die system.

GW1 > GW2.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Holy trinity to make my class meaningful.