Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you can only pick one thing GW2 needs to improve what would it be?

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by elocke
    I would put a mechanic in the game, something along the line of PROGRESSION, that would make me want to log in and work on a character whether he is level 1 or 80.  At 80 progression basically disappears and it's all about stupid crap.  I don't feel invested at all in my toons.

Did you buy the game without knowing what their end game was about?   Would you buy a car with an automatic transmission, drive it for awhile, then be mad that it isn't a manual?

Are you assuming you know what I mean by "progression"?  Because I'm not talking gear grind.  I'm talking about horizontal progression.  The kind I can find in FFXI or EQ/EQ2.  You know, where your character still gets stronger and can take on harder content all whilst being neck deep in a deep world that is so vast you haven't seen it all even by the next expansion.  Granted, most MMOs don't do this anyway being the last one to fully hit all those points is FFXI with sheer amount of content to do on one character.

Your analogy is horrible by the way and has no bearing on my opinion.  I don't buy cars for a game of progression systems.  I buy a car to get from point A to point B.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    A FFA ruleset server for people who prefer more conflict in their games.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • AchrisosAchrisos Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Originally posted by djazzy

The one thing I would change or improve

The RNG, make it a lot less. That includes the mystic toilet and the lottery boxes.

EDIT: judging by a lot of the responses on this topic, you can never provide a game for everyone, it just can't happen. So just make your game and stop trying to please everyone.

From all the comments iv seen written here so far the only real legit complaint is what the quoted poster has suggested. Considering where this game was at launch where it is now I believe that complaints of progression, WvW, skillsets, and social aspects of this game are unwarranted as ANet has implemented improvements to all categories since release. The one thing they haven't done is reduce the RNG and its a costly hindrance.

Now with that said I would love to see additions such as new dungeon(s) that provide tokens for Ascended armor, new weapons for every class to provide new experiences, and tools to allow un-guilded players to participate in guild missions which would help these guilds complete these missions faster, provide rewards for the helpers, and increase social activity across guilds.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Your analogy is horrible by the way and has no bearing on my opinion.  I don't buy cars for a game of progression systems.  I buy a car to get from point A to point B.

If you assume my analogy had anything to do with traveling to A from B or progression systems instead of buying habits then your comprehension is horrible.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Housing.

Yes we have a "personal" neighbourhood but I want to be able to buy/build my own house and decorate it in that neighbourhood.

Also I would like to be able to customize the interior how I see fit.

How about you guys?

Holy trinity crowd can skip this thread all together.

I've got an amazing idea for Guild Wars 2. Scrap the "living world" gimmick and give us actual content additions to the game. I'd rather not see all this new content just be taken away for the illusion that the world is "living".

I also wish they made the solo content more challenging and use more tactics.  I really like the game for its immense amount of content  and freedom from godless linear quest hubs.  I know they could make it very challenging if they wanted to, especially with this fairly action driven combat.

I have no interest in instanced housing, only open world...which will never happen.

I too don't care for the "living story" crap.  It sounds nice in theory but I find myself not wanting to do temporary content.  Give us some permanent content.  How long can I screw around in cursed shores with my max lvl toons?

• GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

The slot-machine nature of living story skin acquisition is starting to really sour me on the game, and I would get rid of it immediately if I could before anything else.  It's not the RNG and it's not the "For a limited time only!", it's the combination of the two. Legendaries?  Cool.  I will likely never own one, but at least I can continue to believe that a precursor will drop for me some day if I continue playing.  Living story achievement rewards?  Cool.  I'm perfectly capable of logging in, grinding out finite achievements, and getting the rewards before the story moves on.

If I were playing a gear-sensitive progression raiding MMO and the weapon with the stats I want for my character was available as an RNG drop for four weeks only, I'd be ticked.  Here, a desirable appearance replaces desirable stats as the driving force behind gear acquisition and they've gone and made it only slightly better than impossible for me to get a few of the items I'd really like.  Then I have to see it thrown in my face by all the people who had better luck and/or more disposable income than me.  It's becoming not fun very fast.

/ end "Wah!!  Where's my fused/sclerite/jade weapon skin?" rant

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

I would go back to the trinity personally. I do not like this "everyone is everything, but some classes are slightly better at certain things" philosophy. I like defined roles, and I like classes that play very differently from each other.  

when I play GW2 it feels that no matter what class I pick up i'm always the dps.  dpsing is fine when you are feeling like dpsing, but other times all I want to do is just heal...LET ME HEAL FFS!!!...

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by rodingo

If you assume my analogy had anything to do with traveling to A from B or progression systems instead of buying habits then your comprehension is horrible.

In other words we don't understand each other at all so let's not argue in circles since we aren't talking about the same things at all.

• ValiantusValiantus Member Posts: 1
    Have a dedicated pvp server for open world pvp. All this instanced pvp automatic level 80 is so boring. 
  • CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I would put a mechanic in the game, something along the line of PROGRESSION, that would make me want to log in and work on a character whether he is level 1 or 80.  At 80 progression basically disappears and it's all about stupid crap.  I don't feel invested at all in my toons.

I agree 100%

There is no deep character customization and development in the game.  While it does have a terrific early level feel, I felt no purpose in getting my toon from 40 to 80.  There is not enough detail.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Valiantus
    Have a dedicated pvp server for open world pvp. All this instanced pvp automatic level 80 is so boring. 

This would be a lot of fun, but apparently this is not a legitimate complaint.   

• PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105

Make it more challenging...

Guild halls.

And for the love of god and all that is holy at least let us have a "last represented" feature in guild options.

Clearing out inactive members is a chore and a half. 

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Maybe double or triple the amount of dynamic events in the world. Make dynamic events have far reaching and longer lasting effects.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351

! Mounts !

2. :) Enough all ready with stupid silly cartoonish fluff.

3. We need a serious intense dark scary mmo. Storm Bringer style or flat earth, Or Wot !

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by mazut
    Make it harder, more challenging.

They did in Beta and people whined so they dumbed it down.

That's why they shouldn't listen to player feedback on some things.

Also, WvW is my answer.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

They need to give a purpose for WvW.

PvPing for the sake of it, get boring fast. WvW Achieves nothing, accomplishes nothing. The forts you sweat and bleed for will be lost 10 minutes after you exit the map.

- There is no real reward for taking a fort

- There is no real benefit for killing players

- There is no real penalty for dying

- There is no reason for the community to work together at any great length for WvW

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    The skill system. I hate how you have pretty much every skill you'll ever have so early in the game. I want something more intricate.
  • Total_HuntTotal_Hunt Member Posts: 65
    Defined roles. Progression. Less retarded story.
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

one word... "PVP"

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Housing, with the ability to customize and decorate it of course.

And ground mounts, horses, dolyaks, etc...

@Durray: when was the last time you played? WvW has ranks and rank based rewards now.

PS: I'm always amazed by people who want to turn GW2 into another EQ/WoW clone. You guys want defined roles? End game dungeon/raids with tiers so your are running on an eternal treadmill hunting an ever elusive gear carrot? You have DOZENS of games based on that principle. Please, go play them and leave this game alone, thanks.

That doesn't really address any of his concerns.......

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

This.

I have over 1000 hours now(nothing better to do) and I have absolutely no desire to log in. They really need to stop with this limited one time content and story crap and get some 10 man instanced progression type content of some sort already. As soon as a new decent mmo comes out that has Raids or some sort of meaningful progression at endgame I will most likely stop playing Gw2 until they release something to do that's worthwhile.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Much greater variety of skills.

I know the skills are tied to weapons in GW2. Maybe than have variety of weapons with different skills ?

In any way. Much more skills - and ability to build deck like in GW1