Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do the "classes" work?

DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Hey guys, I tried looking on the website and couldn't figure out if they changed how classes work from the earlier release of the game.

----

Prior to the overhaul, you had your one character (which still is the same) that can do multiple jobs...However, unlike FFXI, you "became a class" by equipping a weapon instead of just "changing your job at your moogle house".  I thought the equipping of the weapon was rather dumb...and I am curious, is it still the same?

Or did they change it to be more in line with the FFXI job system?

Or is it different?

---

Sorry if this has been asked but I was combing the forums and am having difficulties finding an answer.  If someone would be so kind to explain it (in depth if you want, it would be great) that would be great :)

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Comments

• kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    It is the same, they did not change any aspect of changing classes.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Dragim

Hey guys, I tried looking on the website and couldn't figure out if they changed how classes work from the earlier release of the game.

----

Prior to the overhaul, you had your one character (which still is the same) that can do multiple jobs...However, unlike FFXI, you "became a class" by equipping a weapon instead of just "changing your job at your moogle house".  I thought the equipping of the weapon was rather dumb...and I am curious, is it still the same?

Or did they change it to be more in line with the FFXI job system?

Or is it different?

---

Sorry if this has been asked but I was combing the forums and am having difficulties finding an answer.  If someone would be so kind to explain it (in depth if you want, it would be great) that would be great :)

Jobs are quested after level 30.

Classes are dependent upon the weapon/tool you equip and have their own quests for abilities and stuff, but are meant to be the same as 1.x in focus in that you get a jack-of-all-trades type possibility due to borrowing abilities from other classes so you can solo easier.  Jobs however will define your specific role in a party, at the cost of being more specialized.  Personally I find class play dull compared to jobs, but I prefer to play in parties where jobs really shine.

Also you can no longer change jobs within dungeons/other content.  But if you are not engaged or in the middle of something you can still change class/job without having to return to your mog house which was a retarded waste of time in XI.

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867
    Originally posted by kizan0601
    It is the same, they did not change any aspect of changing classes.

Dang :-/...Oh well, I'm still going to play! haha

--

And thanks Murugan for the indepth look!

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.