Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payment Thought

azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

I'd just like to throw this out there. There is talk about a hybrid model which I assume to mean that you will be able to play for free, with a cash shop, or you will be able to sub to the game.

My main though here is, is it possible to attain anything in the game without going to the cash shop or otherwise buying things from the cash shop off of the AH?

I would really love to see a game that makes this distinction. If I am paying a sub, make all of the stuff in the cash shop lootable in some way. If you have a sub you can loot it, if you don't then it doesn't show up in the loot table, but you can buy it off the cash shop.

In theory I don't care that much about whether some people want to buy cool costumes or pets from the cash shop ... what I mind is that this in turn means that if I want to get that same cool costume that I have to buy it off of the cash shop.

I have no interest in cash shops. They pretty much defy the reasons that I play MMOs. Again, I can deal with the fact that some people like cash shops. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I suppose it doesn't have to.

It bothers me a great deal however that while paying a sub fee, that I should even have to be remotely aware of the fact that there is a cash shop.

Just a thought.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Wildstar is coming at a bad time. If I even have a pc when it launches, I wont take it serious unless its buy to play with fluff items if they want.

This is the perfect game for fluff items btw. They could sell anything. Housing, mount skins, armor skins, property. .....anything

Got an idea for them too, I want my toon to be able to put on a headset and stream music through my headset with an ingame tuner- thanks in advance aslo build a stero into my car think gta thanks again in advance