Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

King of the Pirates!

ilovetopvpilovetopvp Member UncommonPosts: 18

And lets let the fight begin! 

See you on the grand line players! (;

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by ilovetopvp

WOW - what are you talking about?

• ilovetopvpilovetopvp Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by botrytis

It's a One Piece reference, sorry!

I'm really excited about the fact that we can actually be pirates.

I have been waiting for an mmo with a pirate theme like this for awhile! so when they announced it the first thing that crossed my mind was getting a crew of players and becoming the strongest pirates on the sea! :D

You know, Killing every player we see and stealing all their goods ! 

I have been waiting for an mmo with a pirate theme like this for awhile! so when they announced it the first thing that crossed my mind was getting a crew of players and becoming the strongest pirates on the sea! :D

There already is an MMO where you can be a pirate - Pirate 101........

i Didn't really like the art style or the game play, ArcheAge looks much more fluid to me

i Didn't really like the art style or the game play, ArcheAge looks much more fluid to me

You said you were waiting to play an MMO where you can be a pirate. I pointed out there was one already - the rest is qualifiers on that.

You said you were waiting to play an MMO where you can be a pirate. I pointed out there was one already - the rest is qualifiers on that.

well if we're going to be technical, i said "be a pirate" . in Pirate 101 you're forced into it, being it's all about pirates, everyone is a pirate, so you don't feel unique.

In ArcheAge it's a choice, which is what excites me about it. 

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

In AA the 'King' of the pirates is an NPC sailing on his personal 'Black Pearl' as a World Boss. LOL

Now as to the Pirate King contender... THAT can be done :)

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer

In AA the 'King' of the pirates is an NPC sailing on his personal 'Black Pearl' as a World Boss. LOL

Now as to the Pirate King contender... THAT can be done :)

Dream crushed :( If only killing the world boss gave the title to the captain of the pirate crew that killed him !

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer In AA the 'King' of the pirates is an NPC sailing on his personal 'Black Pearl' as a World Boss. LOL   Now as to the Pirate King contender... THAT can be done :)
    Dream crushed :( If only killing the world boss gave the title to the captain of the pirate crew that killed him !

Well you can always kill the world boss and get the blue print to build his "black pearl" ship.

Being a Pirate in AA

http://youtu.be/OgrtQ9BeZfA

Originally posted by Kumapon

Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer In AA the 'King' of the pirates is an NPC sailing on his personal 'Black Pearl' as a World Boss. LOL   Now as to the Pirate King contender... THAT can be done :)

Well you can always kill the world boss and get the blue print to build his "black pearl" ship.

Being a Pirate in AA

http://youtu.be/OgrtQ9BeZfA

And my Dream is now Revitalized!

A ship that grand is almost as good as the tile ;D

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    And people wonder about the rep of pvp'ers. As soon asa game has pvp threats emerge telling how they want to kill everyone...be the baddas guy..the boss..the godfather...not a single post telling they want to create a nice kingdom..based in good ideas..cooperation.

Pvp without permadeath to keep common sense its giving ground to the worse kind of players.

At least i hope EQN will let me be flagged as pve without all this "i want be be the baddas" crap

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Originally posted by hulgar
    And people wonder about the rep of pvp'ers. As soon asa game has pvp threats emerge telling how they want to kill everyone...be the baddas guy..the boss..the godfather...not a single post telling they want to create a nice kingdom..based in good ideas..cooperation. Pvp without permadeath to keep common sense its giving ground to the worse kind of players. At least i hope EQN will let me be flagged as pve without all this "i want be be the baddas" crap

I think you will find thats not the way it works at all, I think you will find that what will happen is, everyone will want to do these amazing things and be pirates and whatnot, there will be lots of guilds trying to break through to be the best, pirate guilds, thieves guilds, guilds that want to create some community, I imagine hundreds of them.

Then a few weeks after release major powers have already formed in different areas, this group of people will own everything and everyone and you will need to play by their rules, sure you can try and be a pirate, more likely what you will find is that youll be spending more time building new ships than actually roaming the seas looting people.

The people that want to just be pirates and play their sandbox will eventually join one of these big factions, which will more likely split the server into major powers ala EVE null sec corps ( which is exactly what the sea of serenity is ). So by the end of it you will have new players on the PVE areas building stuff and improving their characters and being funnelled to the big player factions, I imagine it will be quite dangerous or near impossible to roam the sea with a big boat unless your under the umbrella of one of the big guilds.

This is not to say you cant do your stuff which you will just in a more limited area, unless you want to be part of the big conflicts that will happen. Im sure people will create start up communities for new players. But the bulk of it will be in politics and control.

Cant wait for this game! :)

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93

i understand you raven..but in the end is always the same..there are always blocks and almost none of them are friendly unless you bend over..

Take a look to all the games that gives ffa pvp in an open enviroment...the first thing playes want to be is the bad guy..the thief..the pirate..the marauder..and that is because there is nothing to lose if you die.. (even in the full loot ones)

They say that if you want a real sandbos you need to have ffa pvp..(and i disagree but thats not the point)..but the issue is that no mather how harsh are the penatys for diying..it wil never be perma death..therefore they can kill..go to war..steal..whatever you want to do..in the end your character is with you..

Lets take the example of EVE..imagine that in eve you have permadeath...and i mean..you loose your character..

Would pirating be rewarding?...Yes..would it be risky?..hell yes..would you need npc police in high sec?...i doubt it a lot..just because if the players hount you..you are screwed...so you really have to think very well what you want to do with your character..if you want to be the big boss.the number one stealing other good..excellent..you are going to be known for that..feared..and at the same time..haunted..as it should be

I remember when in SWG they talked about being a jedi..they where extremely rare..powerfull..but at the same time the first idea was to give them permadeath...i loved the idea..want to swing your lightsaver in the middle of tatooine?..do it..but..keep in mind what is at stake..

TLDR: for many of us to really enjoy a gem with ffa pvp..the best way to keep the things balances is permadeath..mine..and theirs..

best regards

Originally posted by hulgar

i understand you raven..but in the end is always the same..there are always blocks and almost none of them are friendly unless you bend over..

Take a look to all the games that gives ffa pvp in an open enviroment...the first thing playes want to be is the bad guy..the thief..the pirate..the marauder..and that is because there is nothing to lose if you die.. (even in the full loot ones)

They say that if you want a real sandbos you need to have ffa pvp..(and i disagree but thats not the point)..but the issue is that no mather how harsh are the penatys for diying..it wil never be perma death..therefore they can kill..go to war..steal..whatever you want to do..in the end your character is with you..

Lets take the example of EVE..imagine that in eve you have permadeath...and i mean..you loose your character..

Would pirating be rewarding?...Yes..would it be risky?..hell yes..would you need npc police in high sec?...i doubt it a lot..just because if the players hount you..you are screwed...so you really have to think very well what you want to do with your character..if you want to be the big boss.the number one stealing other good..excellent..you are going to be known for that..feared..and at the same time..haunted..as it should be

I remember when in SWG they talked about being a jedi..they where extremely rare..powerfull..but at the same time the first idea was to give them permadeath...i loved the idea..want to swing your lightsaver in the middle of tatooine?..do it..but..keep in mind what is at stake..

TLDR: for many of us to really enjoy a gem with ffa pvp..the best way to keep the things balances is permadeath..mine..and theirs..

best regards

I would like that idea a lot more as well, i think perma death would add for a much more exciting adventure (: that way if you wanna be top dog you gotta work slowly at it, cuz if you try to go be a boss from the start youll die and lose it all.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Cheer up; it is the first game where you can be a Pirate in the Mach Five. That's (probably) a world first, right?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

"A good soldier kill his enemies, but a smart soldier kill his enemies and take their stuff"  (Sun Tzu)