Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa: Petition to Revive Endorsed by Garriott

Comments

• Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50
    I loved this game I played in beta and through the entire life of this game, and this game should have not died at all I want it to come back.
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Never played and I don't have the itch to do so now. But what I will always do is support my fellow mmo addicts in their quest to get something they can call home. Especially when it does not cost me one red cent!

Signed and counted as signer #200

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

TR died for a multitude of reasons, not "RG's mind wandered"

There was an attempt a few years back to create a TR emulator. NcSoft got wind of it and sent nasty desist letters to the person heading the project. NcSoft has said on many occasions that TR will never see the light of day again.

It was a combination of NcSoft and RG that killed the game (politics) not anything about the game.

Defiance is not the same feel as TR. So far nothing has had the same feel. Rift with the Onslaught quests "feel" similar to the base attacks from the bane, but they are lacking just to much.

I want this sucker back. I'd sub again in a heartbeat. No MMO since (no matter the amount of bugs this game had) has "felt" the same

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
  • itsbigmikeitsbigmike Member Posts: 86
    I have the collectors edition somewhere up in my attic lol

twitch.tv/boonmackle

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by Etherignis
    Yeah NCmmokillersoft would just put u on the ignore list.

NCSoft killed better games. Bring back one of those instead.

• hammer3260hammer3260 Tabula Rasa CorrespondentMember Posts: 18

former TR correspondent for this fine website reporting; signed and ready. I encourage/beg everyone who either had so much as 30 seconds of fun while this game was active, and even those who never got to play but looks like it might be TEN seconds of fun, to sign. It is unlike most petition sites, here absolutely NO deeply personal info(like a billing address) is mandatory and they do not enforce the name you sign under.

As in, if you have an alias you use for games and what not, sign with that for the sake of bettering the gaming world and don't begin to pretend you're in any way inconvenienced.

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

Oh man, I would LOVE this game to come back. It's one of the few games I've played where I could actually grind for hours, and not get bored. So many memories of awesome experiences.

I miss my grenadier something fierce, there was nothing like roasting / freezing / melting a wide swathe through an advancing horde of aliens bent on conquest & murder.

Such a shame NCSoft screwed over RG.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

I'm going to sign it out of principle. If people love a game and want it back, that seems to me a noble purpose.

Resurrection is spelled incorrectly on the petition site. Ha

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Why take permission?

Sure uts illegal, but in terms of monetary loss to developers compared to pirate bay...setting up a private server dies zero damage to developers if they dont even have servers.

There should be a law that any information as even a program tgat is not in use does not have copy rights to that info.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger!
  • mrbreckmrbreck Member UncommonPosts: 24
    NCSoft shut down a profitable game that had been running for years at the cost of permanent hate and loss of business from the player base of said game, what makes you think they will revive a game that was never even close to successful in the first place?
  • DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

Not to be cynical.

I see this petering out sub 5000 signatures. MMO gamers make a lot of noise but rarely are willing to do anything about it.

I signed the petition I loved this game and it should come back it was such a good game and only the people who actually gave the game some actual time then you should not be commenting on how much this games sucks.

I know that CoH and CoV should not have been shut down, just like TR should not have been shut down. Honestly NCSoft never gave the game a chance which they did for CoH and CoV, I loved that game as well but thought so many times that the community was so small yet it kept going and going, why couldn't NCSoft have done the same thing for TR.

• ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Someone start a petition for SWG.  Not this late planned rubbish.
    I did not like SWG at the end honestly once they made it to where everyone could become a Jedi it sucked so the only SWG I would want is where it actually took you time to become a damn Jedi.
  • MikeDikeOnlineMikeDikeOnline Member Posts: 10
    gooooooooooo TR please come back! :D
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

I have a feeling that after all what happened, NCsoft doesn't want anything to do with Garriott.

Cheers.

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283
    *Signed*

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    This game died fair and square.  It shouldn't come back unless it's getting a complete revamp, IMO.

This!

Ive played it for week terible game it should stay dead unless revamp

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by achesoma
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    This game died fair and square.  It shouldn't come back unless it's getting a complete revamp, IMO.

This.  I started in early CB and it never improved.  It deserved to die.  There are much better pseudo-action MMOs already on the market. 

I did however buy the collectors edition (had lots of cash) even though I did the same as you....was good fun for short periods, and settled in for a while as my additional game to my main mmo at the time.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Would be nice to see it back. *signed*
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I really don't get why people are so obsessed over this game as it was just pure bad..

I was in CB and it was a bad and then it was bad at release as well.

Even a lot of the low budget f2p games available today are better than it and thats saying something.

Now I loved the idea behind the game but it needed a hell of a lot more development time..

• gekirogekiro Member Posts: 2
    From all the people saying they miss the game I just want to sign the petition no matter what the game looks like.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I agree Tabula Rasa  was okay, not the best but had its unique aspects, although we have seen what NCsoft does, in 2012 I think it was my Lineage 2 account gets compromised as soon as they go F2P GM tells me they wont restore my account which was never compromised since like 2006 at least.

NCsoft imo also made Lineage 2 pay to enjoy looking at their cash shop what used to be a unique game is just pathetic, same with Aion, player housing etc, it is Free 2 Play, I don't have to pay a cent, however the game is Pay 2 Enjoy the way I see it.

Now if Tabula Rasa even comes back which I agree it would make a good F2P Game NCsoft would do the exact same thing with the game they would make it pay 2 enjoy and try to milk as much money as possible, does the game deserve to come back absolutely but I wish the person who held IP rights to the game would find another company who wants to make it Truly free optional subscriptions, optional cosmetics, and so on even update it but not like NCsoft does with Aion and Line Age 2.

I miss TR just like I miss Auto Assault.

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154

Gamersfirst and Reloaded Productions have shown that they can turn games around. They resurrected APB with much success, now having over 20 developers on it and reportedly still hiring and training. It is quite impressive if you remember how quickly the original closed its doors.

I never played TR but I would give it a try if it came back in respectable form. I can't promise more than that though. City of Heroes I know I would sink some time into as a f2p title. I don't think it is likely to see either come back though. When APB died it was a unique situation where it happened quick and Gamersfirst was able to scoop up some of the original key developers. I can not see that being possible for TR or CoH and training new people to use old code without trainers is insanity.

I love how passionate some are about their love of games that have been laid to rest. It is relatable for most MMO players.