Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some major Fps drops in Warzones, (Done with Hero)

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Some major Fps drops in Warzones.

So yesterday I hope on Swtor for the first time in a few months and join a Warzone and my god man, I went from 90+ fps to -15fps ,I don't remember this problem when I played, what have the people over at Bioware done?

They pretty much broke the shit out of WZ to the point were it is unplayable, Oh and here is the funny thing I have upgraded my Video card from the last time I played.

I have never been picky about MMO game engines before, it's funny but ever sense Swtor I always look to see what game engine the MMO runs, as of right now I'm sorry but I don't trust the Hero engine thanks to Swtor.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,623
    Originally posted by Warjin

So yesterday I hope on Swtor for the first time in a few months and join a Warzone and my god man, I went from 90+ fps to -15fps ,I don't remember this problem when I played, what have the people over at Bioware done?

They pretty much broke the shit out of WZ to the point were it is unplayable, Oh and here is the funny thing I have upgraded my Video card from the last time I played.

I have never been picky about MMO game engines before, it's funny but ever sense Swtor I always look to see what game engine the MMO runs, as of right now I'm sorry but I don't trust the Hero engine thanks to Swtor.

Another post about the hero engine, this is like the 100th today across all games that use it.  Must be strike out at hero engine day or something. 

Serious tho.... it's not the engine its the developers over at Bioware.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Do yourself a favor and read up on Biowares use of the hero engine. If you can even call their engine hero's at this point.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Another post about the hero engine, this is like the 100th today across all games that use it.  Must be strike out at hero engine day or something. 

I know but Swtor showed the worst of the Hero engine, I have never in my life had such a major fps drops in any game engine from any other game this bad.

To go from 90-100 Fps on average to -15 when you are in a "Zoned" instance Warzone is flat out broken.

The Swtor team need to figure something out fast, as for the Hero engine as I said thanks to Swtor I don't trust Hero, I won't play another game that uses Hero unless I hear some very, and I mean very good things about it before I even attempt to give it a go.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I know but Swtor showed the worst of the Hero engine, I have never in my life had such a major fps drops in any game engine from any other game this bad.

To go from 90-100 Fps on average to -15 when you are in a "Zoned" instance Warzone is flat out broken.

The Swtor team need to figure something out fast, as for the Hero engine as I said thanks to Swtor I don't trust Hero, I won't play another game that uses Hero unless I hear some very, and I mean very good things about it before I even attempt to give it a go.

I believe as someone commented above the engine itself is fine but they customized it to death and probably did more damage than optimization. I played swtor briefly but I thought I remembered reading about this at some point.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

That's just it, Gordon Walton decided to use what is essentially nothing more than a Hero engine prototype, that decision was the worst one made in the development of TOR. They (Bioware) had to build it themselves, and the obvious result is they did a horrible job. Hero is not to blame here, Bioware knew all along that this engine was nothing more than a shell when they purchased it. They filled in the guts of it, with no support from Hero, due to the state of the engine they purchased.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's just a badly optimised game.

I guess that's what happens when you design it as a single player game then bolt the multiplayer bits on later.
  • simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

if its happening in all games, that use hero engine, then its the hero engine

or do BW send people to sabotage other games too??

if we follow your logic, we should arrest superman, because hes always around, when bad things happen

• VOlunteerVOlunteer Member Posts: 2
    odds and stats for the Premier League clashBy Published: 09:23 GMT, But for every success in one area there tends to be a setback in another.it??s time to despair. 18 December 2014 Updated: 10:33 GMT,The process could prove helpful to designers, 30 November 2013 Updated: 08:34 GMT,Just like her celeb lookalike Alexa Chung, voluminous ?C it??s an everyday look that celebrates Laura??s naturally fabulous, as Ronald Reagan said when he was diagnosed.
    Volunteer
    [url=http://www.r4automazioni.it/upload_images/furi19459.asp?//community-service-events-and-volunteer-opportunities]Volunteer[/url]