Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn aRPG

ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

DRM free also can't wait to play it.

Can bought DRM free or through steam.

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_videos.php

EX-IronLore:Titan Quest devs.

They use a improved TQ engine looks great.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Comments

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Actually DRM free is why I asked for a refund myself.

No-anti cheat, and no CD KEy authentication. Pirates can play online, and anyone can use a modified character online. So it's like Open Battle.net, like Torchlight 2.

Their response "Play with  friends you trust" - nice.

I get that they are small and indie, but I don't like it. I want server authentication for my CD, ala battle.net, like Diablo 2.  I prefer PUGS over static groups - as I get to meet new people.

I like ARPG's to be played Co-op, online, ect...but this one promotes offline play.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Actually DRM free is why I asked for a refund myself.

No-anti cheat, and no CD KEy authentication. Pirates can play online, and anyone can use a modified character online. So it's like Open Battle.net, like Torchlight 2.

Their response "Play with  friends you trust" - nice.

I get that they are small and indie, but I don't like it. I want server authentication for my CD, ala battle.net, like Diablo 2.  I prefer PUGS over static groups - as I get to meet new people.

I like ARPG's to be played Co-op, online, ect...but this one promotes offline play.

I always buy my games i never cheat and i want if posible my games DRM free thats why i buy games at GOG.COM.

Its not my problem if people steal games from internet.

Btw CDProject also have said even when theWitcher 2 was torrent alot they still go for DRM free.

Battlenet sucks noway a buy game thats been controlled so heavenly by company, that bring games that you can't play offline no mods or lan and have RMH lol one of worsed games ever.

If they would go(luckly not) battlenet style i would not buy this game EVER.

DRM free is way to go or steam at least can be played offline.

You have choice with Grim Dawn buy DRM free or play through steam seems very nice and social way to offer these options.

That's your choice. I'm also talking about Battle.net 1.0 - not the new one, which isn't that bad either. You know, Diablo 2 and the like.

Sorry - I like cheat protection. I like to know a guy joining my game isn't going to join and mess with my character - because he totally can. He could join, delete your character. Yes, he could, there are hacks out there to do it.

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    how's the glorius cheat protection in D3 treating you? better than D2?
    Originally posted by duggyfr3sh123

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Diablo 3 is a game that gets to much flack, because people LOVE to buy into hate these days. It's an overall solid game and not much is wrong with Battle.net. I like the security that I am playing a balanced game, with people online, that can be banned and have to buy the game over.

Grim Dawn looks fun, but it's Online is going to be terrible.

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Diablo 3 is a game that gets to much flack, because people LOVE to buy into hate these days. It's an overall solid game and not much is wrong with Battle.net. I like the security that I am playing a balanced game, with people online, that can be banned and have to buy the game over.

Agreed. Torchlight 2's 'open' multiplayer (and other issues) completely ruined the game for me. Same deal with Borderlands 2's MP, any hacker can join in & corrupt a character with hacked garbage. There's no regulation, and no chance of recourse against the guilty party.

If constant online means I can play on relatively safe & secure servers with minimal likelihood of having my game ruined by a random hacking / cheating douchebag, then it's a price I'll gladly pay so long as the servers are properly maintained.

I'll be picking up Grim Dawn for the single player though, as it does look good.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Well gonne play it with friend online on server with password np then with hackers.

Im now for 2 weeks playing Van Helsing online with friend np with cheaters server friends only.