Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame to play with my friend

tornmandatetornmandate Member UncommonPosts: 17

So, yeah, I'm looking for a game that would be "good" to play with a friend. I don't really know what to look for, but it seems most games don't really have a need for playing together. They just seem to be singleplayer games with other people around that could as well be bots.

Will try to try most of the suggested games and find and say what we like and don't like in those games.

Edits:

• Must be F2P.
  • Must be able to play for a long time. (Something that doesn't have the possibility of reaching the max everything within... 2000 or so hours. That's the shittiest moment when you have been playing the game and eventually you just reach the "end" and have no goal to play for anymore.)

Comments

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Kinda you add if it matters if it is old game, released of in development? Fantasy/sifi?
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I assume you mean not mmos

Investigate some of these, all have good coop play

Monaco
    Terraria
    Torchlight 2
    Orcs must die 2
    Sanctum 2
    Left 4 dead 2
    Magika
    Minecraft
    Portal 2
  • tornmandatetornmandate Member UncommonPosts: 17

Nah, age of the game doesn't matter, nor does the genre. And well, we have to be able to play it, so if it's in development and not open to players... that won't do.

And, I did mean MMOs. Wouldn't be at MMORPG.com otherwise. We'd play those kinds of games, but neither of us can be the one hosting the server, since we can't access eachothers computer, and no, we can't use tools to create a VPN or port forward or any of that stuff. Also notice I requested F2P. We got a few unreleased games marked that we'd pay for, but if it's already out, costs, and we don't know about it, it's not worth the money.

Also also, I'll be updating the first post every now and then with various information.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Vanguard.  Very good game to play with a small group. 

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Rift or Tera. Maybe also try Neverwinter. Basically every mmo out there is fun if you play with someone. I always play with my brother so i know...
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    Vanguard is free and a lot of fun to play with another person I dont know about the 2000 hour thing I have been playing for 4 or 5 months now and am no where near the end.

I have yet to try Rift (Will have the chance in around 12 days though.) but Tera and Neverwinter are far from what I'm looking for. They're darn easy and there is no motivation for us to be playing together most of the time. That and Neverwinter has no European servers. Really, really uncomfortable to play such a game with a ping that high.

As for Vanguard... We've downloaded it and will give it a solid try sometime today. Already seen multiple suggestion for it on this and similar threads.

(Kinda far-fetched, but does anybody maybe know a game like Puzzle Pirates in terms of insane amounts of teamwork and/or economy? Possibly with no puzzles, meaning no bots, and no hackers. Those things ruined it. But the fact that you literally had to have teams of 7-159 people working together to get anything done really made it feel like I was actually playing with people, not NPCs. And I could just go on for hours about the economy system.)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Eq2 is also a really good game but of course is exactly like Wow,but there is a lot of content that you can do with just 2-3 players.This would assume you can use the mercenaries,so that actually gives you 4 players in total as the mercs are quite good.This game has housing which many people like but is a cash shop item.The trick to playing this game,is you can play pretty much for free and use unlockers at higher levels.Unlockers allow you to remain free"no sub" but still use that HQ gear or weapon or or HQ spell.The drawback is that you can't lock your xp bar as a freemium,which means a lot at lower levels,because the AA's can make your player o/p.

Sorry i didn't even notice the F2p,that means you are 100% stuck playing games that are designed for solo play and linear questing.

Runes of Magic is a Wowish copy that utilizes a bit of a sub class system,you might find that an interesting twist.The game can be heavy cash shop but not at all if just running quests.

There really is no game like FFXI but it is not free,best you can do there is 30 bucks on steam gets the entire game with all the expansion packs plus a sub fee.Since you said f2p this sounds way out of your league.

I can honestly say every single game you will find EASY hand holding running those linear quests.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

I suppose if there was a great game out there worth my money, I'd already have heard about it. I'll just stop looking through existing games and wait for new ones.
  • EunuchmakerEunuchmaker Member UncommonPosts: 204

Planetside 2.

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes for sure.

Nice, graphics, Dev attention and will keep you going for years, literally. You cannot see everything in VG on the first toon so great for small groups and people that like mains and alt characters.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Second ps2, best f2p game going.