Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Next Letter from the Producer LIVE Dated

2»

Comments

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by danwest58
    Originally posted by neobahamut20
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by neobahamut20

I recall seeing the interview of him saying something like that but not in those exact words. They didn't only copy WoW. He said they looked at the "Most popular MMOs" and "will adopt their techniques in a Final Fantasy setting". What BearKnight said is the non-marketting version of what Yoshi P. said. However, reality and truth isn't for everyone. Believe the version you want to believe.

And what super unique AAA quality completely innovative MMO are you playing?

ATM none. Because there is none. Why would I play something sub-par?

Sub-Par?  Really?  That's really your opinion.    

Yeah, par is WoW. Its old now and finding good players to play with was harder than the content itself. So I want something actually better than that. I have to praise GW2 for trying, but they deviated from their manifesto sadly enough :( and that trading post turned out to be a terrible idea.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The game is still under NDA, so a reminder to not post opinions or get into the game's content past character creation and the starting areas (for which NDA was loosened).

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336
    Originally posted by Amana
    The game is still under NDA, so a reminder to not post opinions or get into the game's content past character creation and the starting areas (for which NDA was loosened).

So you mean there is a beta going on at the moment? I am fairly certain NDA only applies during Beta, which was announced to be over. I am pretty sure I am not participating in a Beta test at the moment and surely this is not a Beta Test activity. So which NDA do you have?

1.2 Compliance with this Agreement
      The Beta Tester shall comply with this Agreement and all other rules and instructions issued by Company, at all times while participating in the Beta Test and in any online activities related to or arising out of the Beta Test.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Amana

You can also talk about what has been posted by Yoshi-P or well what he has said in the interview because that is not breaking the NDA.  

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by BearKnight

[mod edit]

ps: Yoshi, the main guy running the FF14:RR development, literally said all of the developers went back and looked at what was the largest game on the market (WoW) and copied it. Apparently, according to Yoshi, that is what people "want".

He's completely out of touch.

This is just blatantly wrong and I am betting people read this and believed you. He made the team go out and play other MMOs on the market to get a feel for some of the things that have become standard in MMOs today.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    I take that back im just not a ff guy

That's too bad, after playing in the last Beta phase I can tell you that you will be missing out. The game is a gem.

I agree, the game is a real gem and a serious turn around even though i still liked FFXIV. As for those talking about animations, well animations were always top notch in FFXIV. 

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    They really need to improve their promotional material. These kinds of videos won't attract any new players.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by Celcius
    They really need to improve their promotional material. These kinds of videos won't attract any new players.

It is from a blog post, it isn't really promotional material.  This is just something for fans to tide us over because phase 3 won't start until the 14th.

This is promotional material:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUpx2BZg8ABgaDV50sGJtWAg&feature=player_embedded&v=XxAVvM8kyEQ

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h542YbZuwkQ&feature=youtu.be

People who aren't already following the game don't care about ability animations, that is why this isn't a big trailer production.  Just a small showcase, you'll see some "new trailers at E3 I'm sure.

• One does not merely contain Bahamut, if that is indeed him.  HIS AWESOMENESS CANNOT BE TOUCHED!