Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A couple of threads to watch

2»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by loki27

Oh and 1 silver a pop for a item to sell, hardly Meow LOL last time I checked that price was last week when I was actually making the saffron chicken soup mix before quitting the game and it was 16 copper each which was the only reason I bought the carrots in the first place.

I know it's beside the point, but look things up before you try to deny them: carrots cost over 90c since May 20, which was 10 days ago, while the last time they cost 16c was on April 8, which was 52 days ago...

All I know is you don't know me, I've had to be a scrouge in that game because of how stupidly manipulated the TP has been this entire time. I would have never bought 250 carrots at 90s each And I stopped playing last week which was when I uninstalled the game after making these. This is a third party website most likely gathering the data much like Orrmaps does thru reports rather then addons and unless you can go back in time and take a screenie of the TP you're not going to prove me wrong on that. I've never spent that much on food items to make finished food especially in the large quantities I  made them in before I finally got frustrated with the drops.

And yeah It is beside the point. I've also noticed that there's a difference between what you sell an item at and what you buy and item at in the TP. It's been my experience with the TP that items I just sold will if searched for just after selling them, be completely different in price when you buy. It's by no means a standard auction house. Explain that one.

Wait.....

You've stopped playing?

Unless you honesty think the changes you desire have a shot at coming to fruition, why are you posting this this thread?

I stopped playing games, games I was active in the forum communities. When I decide the game is no longer for me and that changes I wish to see are not coming, I don't continue to post about that game. I will find a new game to post....(OK, I admit it....bitch) about on their forums.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Oh and 1 silver a pop for a item to sell, hardly Meow LOL last time I checked that price was last week when I was actually making the saffron chicken soup mix before quitting the game and it was 16 copper each which was the only reason I bought the carrots in the first place.

I know it's beside the point, but look things up before you try to deny them: carrots cost over 90c since May 20, which was 10 days ago, while the last time they cost 16c was on April 8, which was 52 days ago...

All I know is you don't know me, I've had to be a scrouge in that game because of how stupidly manipulated the TP has been this entire time. I would have never bought 250 carrots at 90s each And I stopped playing last week which was when I uninstalled the game after making these. This is a third party website most likely gathering the data much like Orrmaps does thru reports rather then addons and unless you can go back in time and take a screenie of the TP you're not going to prove me wrong on that. I've never spent that much on food items to make finished food especially in the large quantities I  made them in before I finally got frustrated with the drops.

And yeah It is beside the point. I've also noticed that there's a difference between what you sell an item at and what you buy and item at in the TP. It's been my experience with the TP that items I just sold will if searched for just after selling them, be completely different in price when you buy. It's by no means a standard auction house. Explain that one.

Wait.....

You've stopped playing?

Unless you honesty think the changes you desire have a shot at coming to fruition, why are you posting this this thread?

I stopped playing games, games I was active in the forum communities. When I decide the game is no longer for me and that changes I wish to see are not coming, I don't continue to post about that game. I will find a new game to post....(OK, I admit it....bitch) about on their forums.

Who cares what he posts on the forums. What he does with his time is his business. I love how people try to dictate what is fun to people, what is a good game, or what they should do. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• loki27loki27 Member Posts: 24

Well, you wanted an explanation, so here I go, although I'm already certain it won't change your mind.

While GW2Spidy is a 3rd party website, it takes the data automatically directly from the game; more precisely, as you can read in the FAQ

How does it work?

ArenaNet has build the Trade Market so that it's loaded into the game from a website. You can also access this website with a browser and use your game account to login and view all the items and listings. 

Now what I've build is some tools which will run constantly to automatically login to that website and record all data we can find, as a result I can record the sale listings for all the items about every hour and with that data I can create graphs with the price changing over time!

If you're so inclined, you can read through the source code or compare it to the graphs on a different site. Obviously, I don't have screenshots of carrots on the TP from the last week, but neither do you, so that argument is invalid.

As for prices on the TP, you can set a buy offer price which functions as an immediate sell price for someone else, or you can set a sell offer, which is an immediate purchase price for others. A 5% asking price tax and 10% sell tax also come into play (auction house taxes are in fact standard), which may be what's confusing you. All in all, though, it's completely transparent; the only non-standard thing about it is it's actually a web page, which essentially functions as an API while making it a bit slower.

Just because you're having trouble earning money in the game, it doesn't mean there's any conspiracy behind it. I play fairly casually (and nowadays irregularly), I've never played the TP game, I've never farmed mats or whatever and I've never bought gems to transfer into gold, and while I can't afford a legendary (I don't want one anyway), I don't have any problems with money whatsoever. Prices rise and prices fall, people farm, invest, speculate, craft, salvage and buy out little-supplied items for profit, but there's nothing strange about that.

But for real now, carrots are irrelevant; my main point is that you aren't making your arguments sound very credible. Well, I use the word arguments very loosely here...

What's this thread about again? A bug in salvage rates that's being worked on. Bugs happen, they always have and always will. Are we really going to make a thread about every single one, saying it must be deliberate?

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer
    Originally posted by itgrowls*snip*

I stopped playing last week which was when I uninstalled the game after making these.

Wait.....

You've stopped playing?

Yeh I have lost track how many times I have read that before from the OP.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    @stevebombsquad

Thanks for that man people just don't realize the kind of betrayal one feels when these companies make grandeose promises and then not deliver. Just trying to keep people informed but spmetimes it's an uphill battle against the fans that can't see the light and the media that wishes to squelch anything negative about AAA title developers.

It's a two way street. While fans try to negate everything the nonfans come up with the nonfans only focus on bringing up negatives.

Not when you're a converted fan and you're pointing out the experience of the players. It's not just happening to me, it's being talked about in the official forums. The last time it was talked about this much (the drought when it comes to loot drops) they had a killcredit bug that literally didn't drop anything for the players even in dungeons. 

Guess how long it took them to admit that after they spent months in denial calling their players names like xfiles conspiracy theorists. It's one thing to be professional it's entirely another to just drop insults like that and never apologize and then do the same thing twice.

And no I think they should be called out on it as much as possible because it's a very bad company that does that to their players. It's sad when only two commenters on youtube have the courage enough to talk about the poor game design choices and the product not actually being what they claimed it would be prelaunch. Oh and 1 silver a pop for a item to sell, hardly Meow LOL last time I checked that price was last week when I was actually making the saffron chicken soup mix before quitting the game and it was 16 copper each which was the only reason I bought the carrots in the first place.

The whole point of the threads to watch about this issue isn't that there isn't a farm factor in the game, it's that pennies are provided for gold piece prices for things to spend the in game currency on. It's like being in a third world country when trying to survive in this game. Anyways, naysayers aside I'm still watching to see if they come to their senses.

So, it's only a one way street?...one of only badness and a horrible company that only you and other nonfans see with your unbiased eyes?

Just like you spent time LOOKING for bad in the game fans like to spend time countering those bads. Again, it's a two way street...you aren't opening any pandora box or enlightening anyone on how "bad" anet is, you are just trying to reaffirm your own views to yourself by trying to find negatives anywhere even when they don't exists.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

So, you're basically a bitter ex-fanboy that still checks the GW2 forums daily? That's basically what I've gathered from this thread. I have a question. If you feel so betrayed and don't like the game, why don't you just move on with your life and find something to do that you enjoy? Are people really so happy to wallow in their own self-pity over something as stupid as a video game not turning out how they expected?

Some people truly do amaze me. 

• nat001nat001 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    I'll say it again.... maybe it's time for you to move on. 

i never post anything on the forums, but i whole hearthly agree with this.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by nat001

i never post anything on the forums, but i whole hearthly agree with this.

Yeah right... alt account.... *rolls eyes*

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    @stevebombsquad

Thanks for that man people just don't realize the kind of betrayal one feels when these companies make grandeose promises and then not deliver. Just trying to keep people informed but spmetimes it's an uphill battle against the fans that can't see the light and the media that wishes to squelch anything negative about AAA title developers.

It's a two way street. While fans try to negate everything the nonfans come up with the nonfans only focus on bringing up negatives.

Not when you're a converted fan and you're pointing out the experience of the players. It's not just happening to me, it's being talked about in the official forums. The last time it was talked about this much (the drought when it comes to loot drops) they had a killcredit bug that literally didn't drop anything for the players even in dungeons. 

Guess how long it took them to admit that after they spent months in denial calling their players names like xfiles conspiracy theorists. It's one thing to be professional it's entirely another to just drop insults like that and never apologize and then do the same thing twice.

And no I think they should be called out on it as much as possible because it's a very bad company that does that to their players. It's sad when only two commenters on youtube have the courage enough to talk about the poor game design choices and the product not actually being what they claimed it would be prelaunch. Oh and 1 silver a pop for a item to sell, hardly Meow LOL last time I checked that price was last week when I was actually making the saffron chicken soup mix before quitting the game and it was 16 copper each which was the only reason I bought the carrots in the first place.

The whole point of the threads to watch about this issue isn't that there isn't a farm factor in the game, it's that pennies are provided for gold piece prices for things to spend the in game currency on. It's like being in a third world country when trying to survive in this game. Anyways, naysayers aside I'm still watching to see if they come to their senses.

Does every game forum come with its own free doom and gloom bitter fan who twists everything into a major downer? it definitely seems that way but perception is a very subtle and confusing thing, don't you agree itgrowls? I suggest some Chin Up™

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

In the main forums. Looks like there's some explaining coming. People are starting to put together the numbers.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/2110272

And the info here...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/T6-Dust-Crisis/2112762

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/2122262

As suggested I watched the thread.

This came up.

I'm sure you'll dismiss it as blatant lying, but hey.  This is what devs have to say about it.  So there you go.

Not everybody is even seeing the same results.  I've gotten lots of ectos actually.  Yay RNG.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Meowhead

In the main forums. Looks like there's some explaining coming. People are starting to put together the numbers.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/2110272

And the info here...

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/T6-Dust-Crisis/2112762

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/2122262

As suggested I watched the thread.

This came up.

I'm sure you'll dismiss it as blatant lying, but hey.  This is what devs have to say about it.  So there you go.

Not everybody is even seeing the same results.  I've gotten lots of ectos actually.  Yay RNG.

itgrowls' next thread:  THREADS TO TOTALLY SERIOUSLY IGNORE U GAIZ, 4 REALZ: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/2122262

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Eir_S

itgrowls' next thread:  THREADS TO TOTALLY SERIOUSLY IGNORE U GAIZ, 4 REALZ: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/2122262

Add this to the pile.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-May-28-2013/2124609

Salvaging bug fixed. :V

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Add this to the pile.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-May-28-2013/2124609

Dang  beat me too it lol.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Add this to the pile.

Lol - I guess nobody walks away from this topic with a taste of foot in their mouth :)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• Originally posted by Meowhead

Originally posted by Eir_S itgrowls' next thread:  THREADS TO TOTALLY SERIOUSLY IGNORE U GAIZ, 4 REALZ: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/2122262
    Add this to the pile.

This. I lol'd so hard...

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Since the OP left and discussion is not really productive, locking this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.