Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Training?

Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

So in the new Odyssey expac, they're going to allow training two characters on the same account for 30 days if you spend a plex. Can anyone tell me any reason that would be better or different than spending that same plex on gametime for a second account which would have the advantage of dual boxing for example?  Is there anyone who is interested in training 2 characters that can spend a plex a month that doesn't already have two accounts?

Am I missing something?

Also, while on the subject and now that I'm thinking about it, what would be interesting would be if they offered dual training for free but it doubled the training time.

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Paradigm68

So in the new Odyssey expac, they're going to allow training two characters on the same account for 30 days if you spend a plex. Can anyone tell me any reason that would be better or different than spending that same plex on gametime for a second account which would have the advantage of dual boxing for example?  Is there anyone who is interested in training 2 characters that can spend a plex a month that doesn't already have two accounts?

Am I missing something?

Also, while on the subject and now that I'm thinking about it, what would be interesting would be if they offered dual training for free but it doubled the training time.

This can be practical if you are training a PI or hauling alt. Those you usually only want to train for a bit, but keep on an account where you have a main character. That way you have access to the character as long as you are paying the main.

You can now train such an alt without having to suspend training on your main.

Its not  a huge thing, but pretty convinient.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    Originally posted by hfztt
    Originally posted by Paradigm68

Am I missing something?

This can be practical if you are training a PI or hauling alt. Those you usually only want to train for a bit, but keep on an account where you have a main character. That way you have access to the character as long as you are paying the main.

You can now train such an alt without having to suspend training on your main.

Its not  a huge thing, but pretty convinient.

Thank you! Cause if you did that with a second account, you'd lose access to the character if you stopped paying the plex!

Ha ha, thank you for clearing that up. It seemed silly CCP would offer something pointless.