Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how long do you play a typical game?

antilegitantilegit Member UncommonPosts: 20
end game in most mmos are depressing, so i usually end up playing an mmo for a few hours if it's bad and 2-3 weeks if it's good.  

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member CommonPosts: 4,818

2 factors for me really.

1) How long does it take me to get bored. I've quit lots of games just because I can't be bothered to even log in or do anything when I do.

2) How many of my friends are playing. If there's no one to do anything with I don't last near as long. If when I log in there's a bunch of people that want to do dungeons or whatever I can play for years if #1 doesn't kill the game for me :P

I tend not to be a solo player and have been in the same multigame guild for almost 10 years so a lot of what I play has to do with what friends are doing.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,512
    So long as it is at least passable, I usually play until the content/time ratio drops below a satisfactory amount.  I am an explorer and when the places to explore run out, I usually follow it out the door.
  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Member UncommonPosts: 3,145
    Depends on the games for me. If it holds my attention like a few games have in recent years I could play it for 2-3 years. However, with these new "MMO's" being released I can hardly play the for a month without completely finishing the content within the game.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.