Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning Player and Rift Lite

GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Hi,

In advance of F2P I was hoping to play some Rift. Have I misunderstood things....I thought old subscribers had access to Rift Lite through there existing accounts? When I try to log in at the launcher its telling me that it's an invalid account.

I don't have permission to post on the official forum (no active sub presumably) and wondered if I had mis understood what the deal was?

Cheers.

Comments

• kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Gorilla

Hi,

In advance of F2P I was hoping to play some Rift. Have I misunderstood things....I thought old subscribers had access to Rift Lite through there existing accounts? When I try to log in at the launcher its telling me that it's an invalid account.

I don't have permission to post on the official forum (no active sub presumably) and wondered if I had mis understood what the deal was?

Cheers.

Hmm that is weird, the only thing I can think of is maybe your trying to log into the test shard as I did the same thing and got an error, I uninstalled both the test and regular Rift and downloaded again and it worked fine. 

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is that I tried creating a new account and could log in with that through the downloaded client. I guess I'll raise a ticket unless anyone has any other ideas.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    i think lite client is not the same as full one. go to rift site and login to your acount, then download the full client from there

Well something odd going on. I Created a new account and played around a bit until I had enough time for a raptor code. Applied that to my old account and all is well (same client throughout).

I guess there is a lot going on at Trion right now!

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Well something odd going on. I Created a new account and played around a bit until I had enough time for a raptor code. Applied that to my old account and all is well (same client throughout).

yea they have problem with  30days key they will fix soom

• hpistihpisti Member UncommonPosts: 78

I've played Rift from beta until summer of last year.

Is there any reason / advantage to resub before the game goes f2p?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by hpisti

Not really no.

Originally posted by davc123

yea they have problem with  30days key they will fix soom

Yeah they ask for CC detail but don't bill it. A remnant of the old sub based stuff.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

Copied from Rift's site:

>>

Is there still a subscription? What does it offer?

Yes! Subscribers will be known as Patrons and receive a host of special benefits and abilities:

• +15% Currency (always on)
    • +10% Mount Speed (always on)
    • Daily Boost Set: Each day you can activate bonuses to the Experience, Notoriety, Favor, Prestige and Tokens you earn while playing.
    • Daily Summons: Instant access to your banker, guild banker, and trainer. You'll receive access to these convenience features on a set cooldown.
    • 10% Store Discount: Patrons receive a discount of 10% for all purchases made at the RIFT Store.
    • Priority Queue: Patrons move to the front of the line when the servers get full.

I'm currently a subscriber, what will this mean for me?

You'll receive all Patron benefits shown above and experience all the epic fun in RIFT you've come to expect across every character you create.

Can I get a refund on my subscription?

We've increased the window for which we offer full refunds from 14 days to 30 days. If you've purchased a subscription in the last 30 days and would like a refund, please contact customer service here: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/home/p/2/theme/rift/.

I'm still on a six-month (or annual) plan and have lots of game time left. What will I get for it?

• Six-Month/Annual Plans: Everyone who is an active 6-month or annual subscriber on June 12, 2013 will receive the Ice Raptor mount.
    • Storm Chaser Edition: Everyone who purchased the Storm Chaser Edition (which included the Storm Legion™ expansion plus an annual subscription plan), will receive the Ice Raptor mount plus a one-time grant of $50 in RIFT Store Credits on June 12. These Credits are in addition to what you’ll receive for your past subscription via Loyalty rewards.
    • Extended Subscriptions: If you have a subscription time over 12 months remaining on your account on June 12, 2013, you will receive an additional (one-time) grant of $5 in RIFT Store Credits for every month of game time you are subscribed in excess of a year.

What do I get with Patron Pass?

Patron Passes give you access to the benefits of a subscription for a set amount of time. They are available for purchase via the in-game RIFT Store in 3, 15, and 30 day durations.

What do I get for purchasing the original RIFT box and the Storm Legion expansion?

Both the RIFT and Storm Legion products grant permanent unlocks to your account. Owning the base game will open extra character and bag slots, while Storm Legion will unlock the expansion Souls (Harbinger, Tempest, Tactician, and Defiler). Check out the table above for details. 

<<

So yeah, there are benefits. When it says to check the table above it basically breaks down characters slots. If you bought Rift you get 6 character slots and 5 bag slots. New free players start with 2 characters slots and 3 bag slots.

Went back last week and got the Raptr deal on an account for my girlfriend. Been playing ever since and enjoying the crap out of the SL expansion. At the time I think I quick playing just because Rift felt kind of generic, but after the crap that's been thrown at us lately, it's made me realize what a gem Rift really is.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

no, but you can take advantage of the raptr reward. you will get Storm Legion for free, if you dont have it already. as an owner of rift without Storm Legion, when it goes free, you will miss the extra soul that comes with the expansion. so get raptr reward :)

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Manolios

no, but you can take advantage of the raptr reward. you will get Storm Legion for free, if you dont have it already. as an owner of rift without Storm Legion, when it goes free, you will miss the extra soul that comes with the expansion. so get raptr reward :)

LOL. Thanks for reading my response.

• hpistihpisti Member UncommonPosts: 78

Thanks for the info guys!