Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Shadowbane game with truly free building/asset placement, not DF or AoC...

UdoDUdoD Member UncommonPosts: 17

Title says it all.  Please let me know if you have any tips.  Even the upcoming Wildstar is not good enough for me, where you can only place buildings and other assets ("plugs") into pre-configured "sockets."  Like the Shadowbane of old, I would also be looking for guild city-building, inter-guild empire wars with destruction of losing guild's assets, open-world pvp, skills not levels, full loot, deep crafting, and overall sandbox.  I'm in a few indie beta's now that promise some or all of these features (I have my doubts as I have been disappointed often), but anyone know of an existing game with these features, or at least an open beta game with good funding, budding population, and the hope of a real future?  Thank you for your help.

Comments

• skunrooskunroo Member Posts: 27

Let me know when you find one!

Shadowbane was the best. They have a emulator in progress but its taking forever!

• UdoDUdoD Member UncommonPosts: 17
    You're right it was, and I played almost every MMO since the dawn of MMO's, which I think was EQ (maybe it was UO or Asheron's Call, which I did not play for argument's sake).  I read somewhere that an Asian company bought Shadowbane rights and is planning Shadowbane Reborn, but I am looking for something with more matter and less vapor.
  • MikeDikeOnlineMikeDikeOnline Member Posts: 10
    Maybe The Repopulation. Check it out. Unfortunately not released yet. 
  • VictorRedVictorRed Member Posts: 26

if you look up swg emulator there is one that is pretty good

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    If you find a game like that PLEASE pm me but, as I can tell no game exist. UC or ESO are going to be the closest things to SB that will be coming out soon. Some say Wildstar is going to be pretty good but not a SB.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by skunroo

Let me know when you find one!

Shadowbane was the best. They have a emulator in progress but its taking forever!

Same here. Been waiting for ever for this... image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Camelot unchained is looking to have a lot of shadowbanes building mechanics.
  • HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

To me SB was away ahead of its time, the programming was god awfully bad but the game was the most balanced well thought out game I have ever played. If there was a kick starter for SB2 I would so back that and put my resources to work to help the game out on the business side being that is my professional background.

Having live GM events where the GM would control the NPC, interact with the players and have ever game changing affects was something that the MMO gaming community lost. The ability to manipulate your character stats and abilities in the way SB allowed you to has also been lost. The siege warfare was the best and OUTSTANDING in SB the fact you could not run into the middle of a crowd like a nub, die, respawn ten feet away. You had to use some kind of tactics coupled with the right group make up to over come zerg opponents. Numbers in SB only means you have more and does not equate to winning like most MMOs today.

I loved how you could find someone sending you hate tells and keep killing them until they have nothing left, it really kept the crap talking nubs in line because of fear of getting raped in their own home and repeatedly killed until nothing is left.

A game like SB today's combat and graphics technology would create the best MMO that anyone could ever offer.