Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loaded with Errors and Bugs

NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

This game is becoming difficult to enjoy when every time I try to log in the game has errors, bugs, graphical glitches, or something else. I know many will say "Hey. It's in beta", but this game is playing worse than others in closed beta. Then you add in the horrible response from bug reports and it just is not looking good in the long run for it.

Recently (past couple days) I have tried to log in to do my praying and collect crafting items (since the whole catastrophe with the AH and AD/Zen shop I don't play much) only to find myself staring at the load screen for minutes. Once in game there are many graphical glitches as I move around the city; Icons changing to white boxes, etc. When in PvP sometimes my camera has a mind of it's own and resets as I move around. There just seems to be more bugs and errors in the game as open beta progresses. 

Comments

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91

maybe you need a better pc, the game runs fine for me.

or get the latest video driver for your card maybe.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

No, I'm a fan of the game, but all those listed bugs / glitches definitely exist. Logging out in certain places in Protectors Enclave will see you get a lengthy load screen that borders on freezing. To fix it I generally have to log another character then back in.  Also the queues are buggy and sometimes don't send everyone to the dungeon / pvp.

No point pretending these bugs don't exist. Lets just hope they get it sorted soon. And I know its not my computer because half of these are bugs that have been introduced since open beta launched.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Yeah, the freeze when loading in to the Enclave seems to have started on Friday or Saturday. There's even a sticky on the official forums with advice on possible workarounds. They're looking into it...

Dungeon queuing during events sometimes fails to pop. Happened to me twice today on my L40'ish CW. I can't believe the population has dropped off THAT much that I can't be matched-up randomly with 4 other L40's within 1 hour...

Cryptic seems to be producing quite shoddy work. Could be that the devs are understaffed and overworked (company keeping costs low), as well as not doing proper QA (again keeping costs down).

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Profit falloff from their games drops quite abit after the first few weeks. This is expected... they will get around to it, but for the most part, NWO has already 'paid' for itself, I'm sure the pwe folks don't give a flop about what the individual gamer experiences, be it bugs or glitch or just shoddy programing.

They will wait till it loses some popularity and the population becomes 'easier to manage' (Face it, many of their current issues are directly related to the amount of people logged in at the time)

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Loading screens often take ages after last patch, Tier 1 for guardian fighters ( level 60 purples ) can be equipped at level 38, threat for Healers/tanks is completely faulty and messed up

Boss encounters are extremely poor, using mass Mobs to increase the difficulty in a lazy way.

The auction house can't search by level, all classes only get to use a few abilities at a time and seem limited.

PvP is full of AFKers, cloaks clip through your body and glitch out constantly, the naming / whispering system, and mailing system is freaking awful and don't even have the option to delete multiple or all mails at once, nor open more then one at a time.

The auction house can't even sort by freaking Bid or Buyout.

Worst of all, perfect world manages the game, Yay

This game is fucking half assed and lacking in every freaking way - It's absolutely awful that they're even allowed to make money off of this piece of trash.

But you know what? i LOVE PLAYING IT, every single minute spend, i love it, even though everything is buggy, poorly designed and content is average i best, i enjoy it so much that I'll probably play it for another good few months.

If perfect world actually gets their shit together, if the cash shop wasn't so god damn awful ( Enchants and wards ) this game would be brilliant.

I enjoy it, loads, and can see past all these flaws because It's simply fun.

• jabhamanojabhamano Member Posts: 22
    maybe you have to pay2win first, then game should work just fine.
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by jabhamano
    maybe you have to pay2win first, then game should work just fine.

lol no, it has way more issues then that.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Can't login again this morning, apparently the server that handles logins has crashed.

Tried to login via the web-based Gateway, but because I've not accessed that from my laptop before, it requires a one-time pin code. The code is sent to your email, but it seems that this functionality is currently broken as well. Not receiving any email... 

Even for a "beta", this is getting a bit rough. Looks like Cryptic half-finished the game and then decided to start making money  by releasing this buggy mess as a "open beta" while the Cash Shop is 100% active. Only a F2P game could get away with this...

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

Things are getting a bit silly at this point. I expect a game to have less bugs when it's nearing "Release", but so far there has not been a week without a major problem. It's gotten to the point that I don't know If I wan't to play anymore. The idea that a full wipe is looming somewhere around the corner is not exaclty motivating.

It's a damn shame though, I have just gotten my GWF to lvl60 and rolled a Cleric. I find the game extremely fun, but with constant AH problems I feel like by not exploiting I am at a disadvantage, I don't feel there is a point to actually invest money in the game.

There is also the problem with lag since there are no European servers and it seems like there will never be European servers.

Add to that the terrible class balance, or maybe a different word would be better. Illogical class balance, that will do. I think most people who have played the GWF for example will agree with me. I mean this class should hit like a fist of an angry god, while at this time it feels weak. When GWF feels less powerful and impactful than a Rogue, I believe there is something wrong.

Also if you have ever played pen and paper D&D you will notice almost immediatly that even though the devs claim to be major fans of the game, that does not translate into the classes being authentic.

Finally, today I try to log in and nothing, I go to the forums and apparently the log in server is down, I also read that the ticket system has been taken offline due to some problems...

I had some money put away for the moment when I will feel that the game is stable enough for me to spend it, but I don't think that time will come soon so Dragon's Prophet founder pack here I come.