Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you ever played FFXIV? Welcome to Beta Phase3

RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

"All FFXIV service account holders qualify as testers in phase 3."

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

So if you registered your FFXIV anytime (not need to pay a month, just if u was capable to play) you have Access to Beta phase 3.

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Is there an NDA at this point?  If yes, I wonder if simple comments such as like it or not , or even very improved or still too much the same are violations.
  • RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    seems there will be partial NDA lifted, like you can talk about this, about this other, etc but probably they dont want Beta videos to be spread because gameplay is the best commercial thing for  a MMORPG. And if is not completed could discourage some people
  • duuude007duuude007 Member Posts: 112

Current NDA is in place, but there are some small exceptions.

1. You can admit you are in beta.
    2. You can talk about character creation, as seen in Phase 2.
    3. You can talk about what you have experienced in Phase 2 as long as you limit the content to the instances of  "Old Gridania" and "New Gridania".

Video, audio and images are still not allowed.

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Thanks for the quote, OP.

It's so annoying when people come into your thread and derail it immediately with NDA talk. 

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Where do we download the game from?
    we dont know yet how to download it. Probably SE will send an Email with details some days before Phase3 
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Well I am interested in the new version but never played the old one.  Therefore, I can not play in the Beta which is fine.  If anyone could pass along any information or insights regarding their experiences, without violating the NDA, I would appreciate it. 
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    Well I am interested in the new version but never played the old one.  Therefore, I can not play in the Beta which is fine.  If anyone could pass along any information or insights regarding their experiences, without violating the NDA, I would appreciate it. 

Imagine you're playing WoW only it has amazing graphics and the combat/questing is slightly slower and you've pretty much caught up on everything you missed. Oh and the crafting is also amazing.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by reeereee

Imagine you're playing WoW only it has amazing graphics and the combat/questing is slightly slower and you've pretty much caught up on everything you missed. Oh and the crafting is also amazing.

This

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    Of course people can say such things (most amazing game ever!!) because anyone who has actually played the game and isn't blinded by fandom can't argue and point out why they are wrong without breaking the NDA.
    Originally posted by Magiknight

This

This is false u mean? Why people continue saying is a WoW clone? because have quest progression?

somethings is not like WoW

- Leveling with Dungeons only: There is a posibility to only level up playing in party on dungeons. Maybe some poeple can find it too repetitive but is somthing different of WoW

- Your character can have All classes in the game, no alters needed.

- Crafting are as dificult to level up to max as a combat job and is interesting to level up (you have to play with Crafting points to level up item quality before item resistance decrease too much..)

- Gatherer have more quality, not pick brush, get items.. there are Gatherer spot levels, with diferent kind of items, rates to get diferent kind of items, etc. More interesting than run and pick.

- There are no factions. The game is not faction vs faction.. is Players vs Game.. the lore of the game is that we all are in war with Garlean Empire, but Garlean Empire is not a playable race. so is Player vs Enviroment focused game (PvE) instead PvP game like WoW (yeah there were PvE servers but are only an option to these who didnt like to be ganked by another faction. 

- PvP and PvE skills will be different. Yeah was confirmed that to avoid unbalance PvE balancing PvP games.. skills effects will be changed when u are playing vs another Player than when you are playing the game.

- Quest progression will only work for one class. After that, quests will not reset when you change to another job/class, you will have to level up with Dungeons, Fate, Behest, Guildleves, PvP, etc.

- Armory System: You start as Gladiator for example and at level 30 you unlock Paladin and unlock some skills doing quests.. so Gladiator -> Paladin.. WoW had not "advanced jobs" for your class.

I could continue more and more.. but as you can see, these who say is a Wow Clone didnt played this game. Why is wow clone? because have skill bars? or minimap? or PvP instanced games? quests?... i am tired.. all these features existed before WoW and will exist forever. 

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I look forward to phase 3, been in the other betas and alpha, and I am still amazed that it has none of the flaws of XIV 1.0.

As to whether people will like it, it depends on their mind-set, if they cannot stand the thought of tab target hotbar combat and quest hubs anymore then they may dismiss it, but it has a lot going for it so far, graphics, music, open world design, the class system, crafting, the exp chain system for those of us that just like to grind, the story, and even some of the npc dialog is nicely written.

We also have a lot of features not seen in the betas yet such as chocobo combat, raising, racing, housing, pvp, and other things that they will be including after launch. After Wildstar it's my most anticipated mmo this year, as it is trying to combine some new things with the right old things, and like Carbine the devs really seem to listen to the players (this time).

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Is there a date for phase 3?
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by zevni78

I look forward to phase 3, been in the other betas and alpha, and I am still amazed that it has none of the flaws of XIV 1.0.

As to whether people will like it, it depends on their mind-set, if they cannot stand the thought of tab target hotbar combat and quest hubs anymore then they may dismiss it, but it has a lot going for it so far, graphics, music, open world design, the class system, crafting, the exp chain system for those of us that just like to grind, the story, and even some of the npc dialog is nicely written.

We also have a lot of features not seen in the betas yet such as chocobo combat, raising, racing, housing, pvp, and other things that they will be including after launch. After Wildstar it's my most anticipated mmo this year, as it is trying to combine some new things with the right old things, and like Carbine the devs really seem to listen to the players (this time).

We never got to party up but I enjoyed discussing the game with you but everything I saw ingame was boring boring boring.

YoshiP admitted in an interview that he copied the wow style and this is all I found.

Harbinger of Fools
  • squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

i smell something fishy. why would they have to put NDA stop people from posting videos, pics or talk about FF14. 

FF14 already released once and people has played it. some people might say its a totally new game. but dont forget it still build base on the old game and ARR is just like a modding .they should be more open to attracting players instead of keeping it "Secret".

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

This

This is false u mean? Why people continue saying is a WoW clone? because have quest progression?

- Leveling with Dungeons only: There is a posibility to only level up playing in party on dungeons. Maybe some poeple can find it too repetitive but is somthing different of WoW

- Crafting are as dificult to level up to max as a combat job and is interesting to level up (you have to play with Crafting points to level up item quality before item resistance decrease too much..)

- Gatherer have more quality, not pick brush, get items.. there are Gatherer spot levels, with diferent kind of items, rates to get diferent kind of items, etc. More interesting than run and pick.

- There are no factions. The game is not faction vs faction.. is Players vs Game.. the lore of the game is that we all are in war with Garlean Empire, but Garlean Empire is not a playable race. so is Player vs Enviroment focused game (PvE) instead PvP game like WoW (yeah there were PvE servers but are only an option to these who didnt like to be ganked by another faction. 

- PvP and PvE skills will be different. Yeah was confirmed that to avoid unbalance PvE balancing PvP games.. skills effects will be changed when u are playing vs another Player than when you are playing the game.

- Quest progression will only work for one class. After that, quests will not reset when you change to another job/class, you will have to level up with Dungeons, Fate, Behest, Guildleves, PvP, etc.

- Armory System: You start as Gladiator for example and at level 30 you unlock Paladin and unlock some skills doing quests.. so Gladiator -> Paladin.. WoW had not "advanced jobs" for your class.

I could continue more and more.. but as you can see, these who say is a Wow Clone didnt played this game. Why is wow clone? because have skill bars? or minimap? or PvP instanced games? quests?... i am tired.. all these features existed before WoW and will exist forever. 

People will continue to call it a WoW clone because it's the most similar game to WoW since Runes of Magic.  Just because you can pick out a handful of trivial/fluff differences doesn't mean the bulk of the gameplay isn't identical.

Are you saying people can't level exclusively in dungeons in WoW?  Ok, technically you have to wait till level 10 to start... though shouldn't you lead with your strongest point?  The idea that the first thing you decided to mention that differentiates ARR from WoW is something that is actually in WoW speaks volumes for their similarity.

And good job pointing out there are no factions, since this was a difference between FFXIV 1.0 and WoW it clearly needed remedied so ARR is using Grand Companies as their de facto factions.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

i smell something fishy. why would they have to put NDA stop people from posting videos, pics or talk about FF14. 

FF14 already released once and people has played it. some people might say its a totally new game. but dont forget it still build base on the old game and ARR is just like a modding .they should be more open to attracting players instead of keeping it "Secret".

Not sure what you're trying to relay here.  If you're referring that A Realm Reborn is like a "mod" then you're completely incorrect.  Pretty much everything was rebuilt from the ground up, including the engine (which is totally new).

You can take a look at the second tour video and see all the changes made to the world itself as well.

Aside from all of that (as a whole), many people judge based on things like poorly made fan videos, which do not represent the game in the best of light.  Heck, people judge based on character creation and graphics and uninstall before even finishing those things with most games.  They already have a bad reputation since the first release, and many will likely just be waiting to jump down their throats as they can't let go of the past or don't read up on FFXIV A Realm Reborn enough to even care (or note that hundreds of apologies they gave and in depth reasons as to how FFXIV was released in that state that it was in back then).

The game itself is available for play in phase three to anyone who originally purchased the game (with limited systems put in place and content only up to level 15-20 as per the new road map).  The fourth phase will be a beta open to anyone interested, and the game itself is free to those who own the original as well.  There is no secret agenda or hiding what the game is like as it will be given to anyone who is interested.

It's generally the judgmental and "spoiled" MMO gamer that just makes assertions such as "lawl this game is like WoW" on every game in existence and people taking things out of context that makes one be cautious when a product is still in development.  When the game is ready to be introduced, it will be as such.  That time is quickly approaching with E3 and their live streaming of the game.  Aside from that, they have released multiple videos showcasing different parts of the game as they were during Alpha and sometimes early beta.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • jabhamanojabhamano Member Posts: 22

all those youtubers and streamers from beta tests are harmful for games. they werent ever dedicated to neither of theirs games , so most of them dont know what playing mmo is even about, nearly all of them has crappy pc's and overall they deserve no sympathy. so if DEVS are gonna blow up your pc and put you to jail for uploading ff14 beta content i will be glad that they did. 

for example there was way more than enough beta vids praising neverwinter during its betas, and all of them forgot to mention that game is sht.  

Originally posted by squalleonaha

New engine. New code. New team. New maps. Same lore.

Yup, just a mod.

/sarcasm

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    Do we have to pay? Will they delete our characters at launch?
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

This

People will continue to call it a WoW clone because it's the most similar game to WoW since Runes of Magic.  Just because you can pick out a handful of trivial/fluff differences doesn't mean the bulk of the gameplay isn't identical.

Are you saying people can't level exclusively in dungeons in WoW?  Ok, technically you have to wait till level 10 to start... though shouldn't you lead with your strongest point?  The idea that the first thing you decided to mention that differentiates ARR from WoW is something that is actually in WoW speaks volumes for their similarity.

And good job pointing out there are no factions, since this was a difference between FFXIV 1.0 and WoW it clearly needed remedied so ARR is using Grand Companies as their de facto factions.

People can judge for themselves whether it is the most similar game to WoW since Runes of Magic (a game that copied the art style and races of WoW).   I think it is pretty obvious myself.

I do want to point out though that grand companies are not like Horde/Alliance at all.  You are just grasping at nonsense.  Grand Companies are like nations in XI, meaning they have very little impact on the game.

Can you group with people in other grand companies?  Yes you can for all content.

Can you PvP with people in other grand companies in the only piece of grand company PvP content the frontlines?  Yes you can because you can enter based on your free company's (guild) chosen side.

Grand Companies grant different gear sets, different pvp skills, and sometimes may compete against one either in events.

The final thing that doesn't make them "WoW factions", you can change them just like you could nations in XI.  So try again at how it is a WoW clone keeping in mind that the availability of quest hubs, instances, raids, and tab targetting aren't universally agreed upon to be shameless WoW ripoffs (being a staple in dozens of MMO's many which predate WoW).

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012

I am in Beta and something I can tell you because YoshiP did talk about it in an interview.  Is that it is faster to level in a group than it is solo.  To me it does feel closer to an MMO than most MMOs today because of this.  Today in MMOs you level slower within a group than you do in a group.  So anyone who likes MMOs for more group content honestly FFXIV does this well from my point of view.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/02/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-interview-with-producerdirector-naoki-yoshida/

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Murugan

This

People can judge for themselves whether it is the most similar game to WoW since Runes of Magic (a game that copied the art style and races of WoW).   I think it is pretty obvious myself.

I do want to point out though that grand companies are not like Horde/Alliance at all.  You are just grasping at nonsense.  Grand Companies are like nations in XI, meaning they have very little impact on the game.

Can you group with people in other grand companies?  Yes you can for all content.

Can you PvP with people in other grand companies in the only piece of grand company PvP content the frontlines?  Yes you can because you can enter based on your free company's (guild) chosen side.

Grand Companies grant different gear sets, different pvp skills, and sometimes may compete against one either in events.

The final thing that doesn't make them "WoW factions", you can change them just like you could nations in XI.  So try again at how it is a WoW clone keeping in mind that the availability of quest hubs, instances, raids, and tab targetting aren't universally agreed upon to be shameless WoW ripoffs (being a staple in dozens of MMO's many which predate WoW).

I agree that this is not your typical WoW clone MMO.  Yea they have Instances, Raids, Quest hubs however other games prior to WoW also had these.  If one seen the interface yea you can say that is kind of a WoW rip off however the UI is made easy to use.

As MMO goes this is more a group based MMO than any MMO out in the last few years.  Many of the MMOs in the last few years have really been Massively Single Player Online games.  Yea FFXIV has solo content however like YoshiP says in his interview its faster to level in a group.  

This

Perhaps for the sake of the layman, you can give us a quick bullet list of what in ARR you think was originally used in WoW.

And no, "everything" is not an accurate answer.

• VentlusVentlus Member Posts: 96
    FFXIV ARR isn't a wow clone at all. If you think common UI concepts that every other game has makes it a wow clone then every game in existence will be a wow clone from now. FFXI is still where FFXIV inherits a good portion of their things, then they incorporated what other people liked from other games and if that makes it a wow clone that dumb. Its not like uncommon for a game in beta to have an NDA sunch as ESO right now. Just play the game if you like it then you do, and if you don't like it i don't see why you have come here and express your distatste