Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance / Guardian. Im a bit confused

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Do these 2 factions get along?

Im a little unsure now what the deal is in this game as I see both factions can join the game guild. I cant work out the back story very well in terms of the goal for each faction. When it was release im sure both factions couldn't be in the same guild either.

<./confused>.

Comments

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    I don't think it's changed but it has been awhile since ive played. When I used to play they were enemies, probably still are since there are pvp servers.
  • CodeFuzerCodeFuzer Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Due to low pop both factions were merged as far as I know (raids, guild, warfronts, ...). Not sure how this works on PVP server tho
  • iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152

As far as the npc's in the game are concerned, the factions have not been merged. Player characters were merged for the purposes of being able to group together and be in the same guild plus you can send mail to members of the other faction. Most of the areas that used to be hostile to the other faction are still hostile, however. The most notable exception is at the Chancel of Labors where you can now enter the opposing faction's encampment and the npc's are yellow and not red. Npc's in Brevane and Dusken will also show yellow. This also means that you need to be careful if you get close to an opposition encampment or city when you are doing instant adventures. If you attack or get attacked by a faction npc you will be flagged for pvp and will be dropped from your group.

I have not played on a pvp server since the merge but my assumption is that open world pvp will still be as it always was on those servers, at least in the original zones. Someone else would need to confirm that, though.