Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF good mmorpg

aniqueanique Member Posts: 3

Requirements:

-doesn't die in the next 2 years

-not p2w

-I can only play 2hours/day. I should be able to enjoy

-prefer non sub. Im ok with b2p

Comments

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    You may enjoy Vendetta Online (that is me narrating the video I included).  It's a free 300 meg download, with a free 8 hour bank of trial time, to be used at your leisure.  After that, it's either $10 per month (unlimited) or $1 per month (lite).  There is no cash shop, and it's been around for 11 years; still going strong, so it's a pretty sure bet it will last another 2 at least.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Planetside 2 if you Like pvp

• june32ndjune32nd Member Posts: 122

Eldevin

www.eldevin.com

free to play. deep questing. huge world. no download.

• Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

You can't go wrong with many of the f2p games out there now. Pick your poison

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • MikeDikeOnlineMikeDikeOnline Member Posts: 10
    Defiance. B2P (Steam has still a free weekend/discount running but it's a bit too late now)
  • DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Rift, TSW, Tera, NW
  • RaskilaRaskila Member Posts: 6

Granado Espada (DL) - No p2w

Travian (Browser) - Very little p2w

Darkthrone (Browser) - Somewhat P2w - either click recruit button 500 times or buy a legendary status and have them automatically clicked every day.

Puzzle Pirates (DL) - there is no p2w, only optional subscription for more content

Minecraft or Minecraft Classic (DL/browser) - no p2w

League of Legends (DL) - somewhat p2w but only if you heavily invest money in it.

Runescape (Browser) - somewhat p2w, ALOT of free to play content, optional member subscription

Rusty Hearts - Some p2w elements, but its all optional and in my opinion doesn't affect the game experience much

Those are my recommendations for you. There are also some other great browser text-based MMORPGs you can try to google if you need more suggestions..

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by anique
    Requirements:-doesn't die in the next 2 years-not p2w-I can only play 2hours/day. I should be able to enjoy-prefer non sub. Im ok with b2p

Guild Wars 2.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215

Requirements:

-not p2w

This has become a huge factor for me!

No longer can I play hours on the weekend like I used to - I also hear GW2 is good for players with limited time.

I also hear good things about Aion, but I am not sure if it's friendly to players who can only play a couple of hours a night.

I downloaded RiftLite this past weekend and it's pretty cool. Reminded me of WoW a bit, but the Rifts are awesome so far.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• ZurfZurf Member Posts: 1
    1. League of legends is a moba not mmorpg.

2. League of legends is not buy to win, you cannot by anything that will essentially help you win.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Guild Wars 2. It's new, popular, casual-friendly and B2P. Rift is pretty good, too, but much less casual-friendly. The Secret World is great, but I have doubts about its longevity.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

GW2 B2P

You can jump in 2 hours easy no real rush here won't die in next 2 years eather.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Rift is going Free to play ,  that would easily provide you with 6mths to 2 years worth of entertainment .
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Many good suggestions here. I would also recommend Rift or TSW. I am currently playing GW2 and the reason many do not like it is because you do not need to play for hours to accomplish things. You can easily play for 2 hours or less and have fun.  I hop on for less than that often and have fun.   
  • Vorpal.RendVorpal.Rend Member UncommonPosts: 80
    lol
  • hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Originally posted by Zurf
    1. League of legends is a moba not mmorpg.

2. League of legends is not buy to win, you cannot by anything that will essentially help you win.

yeah buying newer champions doesn't make it pay to win. I can easily beat the majority of people with a champ in the free rotation. 

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Planetside 2 if you Like pvp

Second this.

I'm not biased at all, nu-uhhh. :P

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

id say you have 4 real options as of today the 30th of May, no telling what will come of some of the new kids on the block.

first, GW2 everything about this game i think meets your needs and requirements. its b2p so even purchasing it you can always come back to it later. its one of the things i loved about GW1. i would set it down and a year later pick it up again with no problems, just keep it patched.

secondly, Rift, as someone mentioned it does remind you of WoW, but that can be in a good way. its solid, stable, smooth running and tons of content added since launch. it does get repetitive though. (what doesn't?) you can currently trial the game to level 20 until the game goes f2p next month. if you like it you might consider buying a cheap copy of the game before it goes f2p, i think ive seen them for like 9.95 a few places. apparently there will be benefits for those who own the game when it goes f2p.

third would be Defiance. its a great TPS run'n'gun that you can hop in and out of more easily than any other game aside from Planetside2. its issue is that its trying to be Planetside2 in an mmo world. so if you're looking for more content than run'n'gun you will be disappointed (which i was deeply). it also is b2p and they have already announced the new DLC contents and have just released a free DLC with some virus theme going on.

finally, TSW has a very rich and storied world to explore. the combat animations are awkward to say the least, but overall you won't find another game with this kind of depth and even intrigue. it also is b2p.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

Rift is a very nice game that is going FTP soon. 

Also, Dragon's Prophet is going into open beta today. I played the closed beta, and it was fun and refreshing. 

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

Requirements:

-not p2w

IMO: rift and TSW are the only ones I would recommend of those that are currently out. Almost every F2P game out there is crap but I am bias  when ti comes to paying models. Both rift and TSW can make you feel as if you used your time well. Once again I am bias sub is the only way to go, I dont like F2P aka P2W games so i cant help you there.

Keep a eye out for a good sandbox based game, imo, a game that starts out allowing you as a player to construct the world to a degree is a win. A great game for it's time was Shadowbane.