Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I get to the dungeon maker feature? I just started

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Been playing, but been causing PC crashes. So never made it to the first town till now. But I joined the game for the dungeon maker feature most of all. The rest of the game I havnt been enjoying.

so how do I skip to the dungeon designer mode from the starter town? What I have to do?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    Level 15 I think.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Pandaman102Pandaman102 Member Posts: 94

Alternatively you can shell out $200 for the Hero of the North Pack, which comes with instant access to the Foundry.

Not that I would suggest that to anyone. Just level up until it unlocks.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

FRuck hate leveling in MMO, especially like that found in this game.. Smh.

forced to level just to get to the fun.

this is a problem with modern day MMO. Force bordom on players just to get to the fun parts.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

The foundry is not all that fun.  I messed with it some and found it a bit more limited then I wanted.  I will admit that I am a novice at it and I am sure there are ways to do things more than I knew. 

If you are only playing the game for the Foundry, you should probably avoid playing it. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well it wont be as boring as leveling in most games at least until level 20 or so then i got bored.

The combat is different than most games so it keeps it interesting until you can get to the Editor which i believe is correct around 15 or so.

I found the Editor to be a tad cumbersome,i am more used to real time 3D,it is a 2D editor.I would have to gin and test it far too many times just to see how it looks in real time,no my cup o tea.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Been playing, but been causing PC crashes. So never made it to the first town till now. But I joined the game for the dungeon maker feature most of all. The rest of the game I havnt been enjoying.

so how do I skip to the dungeon designer mode from the starter town? What I have to do?

Don't think you can skip but just level to level 15. It's actually usefull and you might try out some of the already made foundry missions to get a feel for the game. I playing really casual, nearing my end of the second month of play. Level 1 till 15 is very very easy, didn't die with my characters till mid 30's.....oh no, my Trickster Rogue did die around level 8 but only because I fell of a cliff....Meh.....

• ranncoreranncore Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Well it wont be as boring as leveling in most games at least until level 20 or so then i got bored.

The combat is different than most games so it keeps it interesting until you can get to the Editor which i believe is correct around 15 or so.

I found the Editor to be a tad cumbersome,i am more used to real time 3D,it is a 2D editor.I would have to gin and test it far too many times just to see how it looks in real time,no my cup o tea.

You can switch to 3d editing mode while previewing your quest, it's much easier that way