Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II

Is SOE improving EverQuest II at all by making it a F2P game. However, if you are F2P, you do not get the full access to all the items on the game, unless you have a krono. SOE has made it hard for someone who doesn't have a any means of income, in no way or the other, has made it hard for the new players to come up with the 500+ plat required to get the Krono. 

Yes, obtaining a krono will give you 30 days of Gold Membership access.

So, can I please have all opinions about this??

Thanks.

R.I.P Dad (Adam D. Young) Nov. 4th, 1973 to Feb. 21, 2013! I love you and miss you very very much.

"It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else. Sometimes it is years before I see the way forward. In the case of information loss and black holes, it was 29 years." -Stephen Hawking

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Ah the EverQuest series - my all time favorite. EQ for several years, couple others in between, and then moved on to EQII while it was in beta and a couple years in further after release. The main reason that I left EQII (as in, this was amongst many other 'life events', so to speak) was the complete drain of my bank and characters.

By drain I mean only coin. This was back before the game was over-inflated and you still had to pay a monthly subscription fee... The GM's thought it odd that I had so much coin and alleged that I had purchased it from one of those Asian farming websites (the truth was that my guild leader was quitting and he just handed it all over to me since I was second in line).

Nonetheless, I know this doesn't exactly cater to the opinions you were looking for. Just wanted to give a little of my story :) I'm a hog, haha. But thinking more and more about these games is giving me an itch to come back that can only be scratched by... well... coming back!

-But may I inquire, if you have no source of income how are you able to sustain the means of logging on? I can understand if you received the computer as a gift or you purchased it while you were employed... but since then, how about keeping the power and internet going?

Either way, with all of these games going Free to Play it looks like they are (as you have mentioned) catering to that demographic... 

*Oh, and your signature... And eye for an eye leaving the whole world blind - I believe an eye for an eye would leave one last person with one unharmed eye!

• Stammel_DesperadoStammel_Desperado Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Serien

Ah the EverQuest series - my all time favorite. EQ for several years, couple others in between, and then moved on to EQII while it was in beta and a couple years in further after release. The main reason that I left EQII (as in, this was amongst many other 'life events', so to speak) was the complete drain of my bank and characters.

By drain I mean only coin. This was back before the game was over-inflated and you still had to pay a monthly subscription fee... The GM's thought it odd that I had so much coin and alleged that I had purchased it from one of those Asian farming websites (the truth was that my guild leader was quitting and he just handed it all over to me since I was second in line).

Nonetheless, I know this doesn't exactly cater to the opinions you were looking for. Just wanted to give a little of my story :) I'm a hog, haha. But thinking more and more about these games is giving me an itch to come back that can only be scratched by... well... coming back!

-But may I inquire, if you have no source of income how are you able to sustain the means of logging on? I can understand if you received the computer as a gift or you purchased it while you were employed... but since then, how about keeping the power and internet going?

Either way, with all of these games going Free to Play it looks like they are (as you have mentioned) catering to that demographic... 

*Oh, and your signature... And eye for an eye leaving the whole world blind - I believe an eye for an eye would leave one last person with one unharmed eye!

I have a source of income. That was more or less for the ones who are less fortunate and don't have a source of income. I don't have to work, and I get paid to sit at home. Ah, the pleasures of being Native American, though I still work. Haha. And SOE tried to ban my account for my amount of Plat that I have, which is well over 6.8 billion, due to my smartness on making the plat. Never once farmed for it or bought it. I just know what to sell, and what to kill. And I am sorry to hear about that incident you encountered with the GM's. I will be honest, they sometimes aren't as smart as what you'd think they'd be. I can do their job with my eyes closed. I was trained in that specific field, and have the Associates degree in the same field they do.

And if you decide to come back, come to the Oasis server, and hit up Esscahallou. I can get you hooked up real easily!!

And about the signature, that is funny, but in a way, I see your point. I just like Gandhi, and I wanted to quote him. Be prepared though, as my quotes do and will sometimes change.

R.I.P Dad (Adam D. Young) Nov. 4th, 1973 to Feb. 21, 2013! I love you and miss you very very much.

"It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else. Sometimes it is years before I see the way forward. In the case of information loss and black holes, it was 29 years." -Stephen Hawking

• callwarrcallwarr Member Posts: 3
    One of the best game I've ever play.
    Originally posted by callwarr
    One of the best game I've ever play.

Thank you.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if depth is your thing EQ2 has it in droves.  also housing and a lot of neat customization bits.  i guess technically those are depth too hm?

it is a little disjointed feeling though what with the way that expansions were implemented.  instead of adding to the world in an "organic" way there are basically teleports to each expansion area making it feel a little off.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ElectricWizardElectricWizard Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by itchmon

if depth is your thing EQ2 has it in droves.  also housing and a lot of neat customization bits.  i guess technically those are depth too hm?

it is a little disjointed feeling though what with the way that expansions were implemented.  instead of adding to the world in an "organic" way there are basically teleports to each expansion area making it feel a little off.

this is a ridiculous statement. Depth? EQ2 has maybe the most shallow combat and character development system's in MMO history. if by "depth" you mean lots of cash-grab expansions from the past? lots of zones, now empty? ya sure. NOBODY does that content. This is now a rush to max level game, more so than even WoW I think... and once you get to max level, youll be gated by AA requirements. and lots of them. 

Group Dynamics in EQ2 are FAR more closer to Diablo2 than it is EQ1. Ya the player housing and crafting might even be more interesting than the dungeon groups and raids. And the AA grind.. ya have fun with that. Hiring a henchman and soloing is what youll be doing 95% of your time in EQ2 so just be aware of that.

hmmm and the game engine is horrible. even my i7 3770/660ti gets chugged by this game many times. funny how wax dummy character models and worse than Zork, animations can do that to a strong system. please, download the game. see all this for yourself. dont take my word, or anyone else's.

EQ2 has alot of different things.. but it all adds up to a puddle deep experience.

Originally posted by ElectricWizard
    Originally posted by itchmon

this is a ridiculous statement. Depth? EQ2 has maybe the most shallow combat and character development system's in MMO history. if by "depth" you mean lots of cash-grab expansions from the past? lots of zones, now empty? ya sure. NOBODY does that content. This is now a rush to max level game, more so than even WoW I think... and once you get to max level, youll be gated by AA requirements. and lots of them. 

Group Dynamics in EQ2 are FAR more closer to Diablo2 than it is EQ1. Ya the player housing and crafting might even be more interesting than the dungeon groups and raids. And the AA grind.. ya have fun with that. Hiring a henchman and soloing is what youll be doing 95% of your time in EQ2 so just be aware of that.

hmmm and the game engine is horrible. even my i7 3770/660ti gets chugged by this game many times. funny how wax dummy character models and worse than Zork, animations can do that to a strong system. please, download the game. see all this for yourself. dont take my word, or anyone else's.

EQ2 has alot of different things.. but it all adds up to a puddle deep experience.

Well said. I on one hand love the game, and enjoy every aspect of it. There are somethings I would change though. If only I chose to go to school and become a GM....