Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im going to rush to max level

Comments

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The discussion is not wether rushing to max level is a smart thing to do. As he and his buddies obviously will.  They however do not realise that they are a minorrity... As the major group of players enjoys leveling up several characters and enjoy the content, but they never touch endgame content and leave to other games and new worlds to explore at max level.

So the question is, how can a game sattisfy both groups of players.. because it requires a double investment of resources.

Maybe they should just get rid of levels and the entire game be end game content ?

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Is it grindy?  It's not designed to be with the Path system, but I'm sure it's going to be more grindy than say GW2 (minus the legendary grind) since there is gear progression and a "treadmill" of sorts.

How long to get to max level?  They said it should take longer than your average MMO nowadays.  The leveling curve is significantly higher than Rift, WoW, GW2, etc.  I think a month of hardcore play is what they were shooting for.

Is the game at max level going to be finished? / Is there enough end game content?  They are investing a lot of content in what they call "Elder Games".  One of the main things they advertise is that there will be lots of endgame content.  They have Arenas, complete with a ranking system ala WoW, mass PvP with Warplots, 20 and 40 man raiding, endgame dungeons, and housing (don't write it off as endgame content).  There should be plenty to do at endgame, like WoW, and with a harder leveling curve you can expect the endgame content to last a bit longer than WoW's typically does.  Plus there may be enough incentive for you to reroll and try a new path should you feel like you've "finished" the game.

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Grailer
    Originally posted by Butregenyo
    I am quite certain that this game will have raiding content at end game, one of the devspeaks mentioned about a quick portal to raids. What i dont know is that if there will be open world pvp, anybody knows anything about that?

ok an example is I played RIFT ,  I got to max level and did T1 & T2 dungeons  , they were identical to the dungeons I did levelling .

Now RIFT was/is popular game and the end game was rehash of same dungeons but that was just an example .

If that as true then you would know they were not identical. Each t1 and t2 had more bosses than the normal version of rifts dungeons.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    I'm going to rush to max level too then I can complain that I'm bored and there is nothing to do.  On top of that after playing a few weeks I'll do a chargeback to get my money for the box. :p
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by hercules

Im thinking of playing this game so when I get it I will power level to max .

Some questions of concern after playing some other MMO's in the past.

Is it grindy ?

How long to to get max level ?

Is the game at max level going to be finished ?

Is there enough end game content ?

Im a min-maxer .

History of mmo has proven those who power level on a new mmorpg usually are bored and spam forum with quits.

Many do not remember this but when WoW launched it had almost no end game  and  in the first month had plenty of "game will die soon because end game is so empty" and boy  did history prove them wrong.

Same went for EQ2 ,rift (which actually launched with more end game then most),DAoC etc etc.

Frankly ,i do not know why people do this and yet same people keep doing the same then posting on forums like mmorpg asking about the end game  .

Well put.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• bambuchabambucha Member Posts: 19

this topic makes me a bit sad :o)

this is why mmos need to either 

a) get rid of levels alltogether

b) get rid of level cap and let people like OP gain levels. eternally. so OP can keep on raising his internet level, forever. and wouldnt even have to make the 'oh em ge i got to max lvl in 3 days, wheres my end game content now?!?!?', 5 days after release. So its a win win situation

a) would probably make people like op stop playing mmos though, not that i would mind it :p

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus Originally posted by Varthander Originally posted by Grailer Im thinking of playing this game so when I get it I will power level to max .   Some questions of concern after playing some other MMO's in the past. Is it grindy ? How long to to get max level ? Is the game at max level going to be finished ? Is there enough end game content ?   Im a min-maxer .    
    Now i really wish you are trolling us hard, otherwise... well...
    Hes not really trolling...   Its the general MMO hardcore players mindset that speaks..  They dont care about the package, just about showing of their  Epeen in these MMo´s.
    When I make character I get to lvl 60 , say it takes 1 week .

Then I play that character like in WOW for about 5 years .

That means I spent less than 0.5% of my characters time levelling up.

that's sad. for me, that's the best time playing games like this. leveling and seeing all the different zones or worlds. once u hit end game, its like the progression stops and the repeating of content starts. grinding the same things over and over for gear is boring.
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    1/10 for drunk-post-Friday

HAHAHA I do that all the time. Then I log on Saturday to see I have a message in my box saying I got a warning !! Dood you so nailed this.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Good luck.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Its sad because its true. Then there will be a thread 'Max level in 2 days, this game sucks'.
  • tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372

Is it grindy ?

Im a min-maxer .

i will guess that there will be 'hardmode' dungeons. also keep in mind the raid bosses are supposed to change some of their mechanics each week, so at the least you wont be able to completely sleepwalk through raids even as you get them to 'farm status'

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Varthander

Is it grindy ?

Im a min-maxer .

Now i really wish you are trolling us hard, otherwise... well...

Hes not really trolling...

Its the general MMO hardcore players mindset that speaks..  They dont care about the package, just about showing of their  Epeen in these MMo´s.

His mindset is just as valid as yours. Not all of us play MMORPGs for smelling the roses and enjoying the scenery.

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Go ahead and max power rush to max level.  Just be warned by the videos posted on the WildStar web page that you will die ALOT in that race.!
  • CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

Im thinking of caring about you and this thread all the way to max level. 

Some questions of concern after caring about other MMO'ers in the past.

How little do I care ?

Could I care less ?

Im a care bear .

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Here's a link.  Yes, raiding is a major part of the game.

From that article: "He also mentioned something that he cautiously described as “a more group orientated, strategic, game play experience” that we’ll be able to experience while climbing to level cap."

It sounds like the leveling process is also somewhat group oriented.

As for how long to cap.  I don't think anyone knows.  According to this link, the beta is capped at mid-level.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    I am going to be server first! now stay out of my server OP.....

I'll be tank class . gear flows through me .

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    I will be the guy who is lower level griefing Grailer all day.

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

I want to rush to end game so that I don't take in all of what makes the games I play good. I want to blitz past everything fun so I can complain that the game is not fun and it lacked content. I dont wanna read/listen to the story at all... I must get to the end and miss "The Journey."

Millions of quotes and examples of how everything in life is about "how you get there, not where you end up" but I wanna rush that max level asap....

But I dont understand now I am max level, looking back where was the fun?

Originally posted by pauly6478

I want to rush to end game so that I don't take in all of what makes the games I play good. I want to blitz past everything fun so I can complain that the game is not fun and it lacked content. I dont wanna read/listen to the story at all... I must get to the end and miss "The Journey."

Millions of quotes and examples of how everything in life is about "how you get there, not where you end up" but I wanna rush that max level asap....

This game you don't need to stop and smell the roses .

You click on the  "!"  then follow the trail on mini map   kill X amount or collect X amount  then click the "?" and get the xp.

Combat is simple , just move away from the red polygons on ground . Mash 123 and WASD .  Remember to hammer SPACE to jump high .

So how exactly am I missing out on anything ?

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by pauly6478

This game you don't need to stop and smell the roses .

You click on the  "!"  then follow the trail on mini map   kill X amount or collect X amount  then click the "?" and get the xp.

Combat is simple , just move away from the red polygons on ground . Mash 123 and WASD .  Remember to hammer SPACE to jump high .

So how exactly am I missing out on anything ?

Do zero research about this game and post your epic wisdom, good to see that people still haven't evolved on this site.

• H3deonH3deon Member Posts: 36
    I want to rush to end game, hopefully in a "beta", so I can play EQnext without feeling like I missed out on, all aspects of Wildstar
  • MagterMagter Member Posts: 289

OP should play Runescape. :)

Wildstar is more reserved for those that actually want a rich experience. Not to mention he won't have the gear to do any raids or any people to do them with.

Or maybe he likes PvP...in that case he won't have people to fight against. He might not own a house and all the benefits that come with it. So it's rather pointless to go to max level as soon as possible because for everyone else, it's going to be a looooooong looooong while before they get to max because they don't want to miss a thing.

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

Originally posted by Magter

OP should play Runescape. :)

Wildstar is more reserved for those that actually want a rich experience. Not to mention he won't have the gear to do any raids or any people to do them with.

Or maybe he likes PvP...in that case he won't have people to fight against. He might not own a house and all the benefits that come with it. So it's rather pointless to go to max level as soon as possible because for everyone else, it's going to be a looooooong looooong while before they get to max because they don't want to miss a thing.

Not everyone will be slow levelling .  There are a lot of people like me who want to get to the gold at the end of the rainbow first.

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    lol that this thread is still going...
    point taken