Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soe you lost me for ever

2»

Comments

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

So in EQ2 you need to level into the armor?

In SWG armor is not skill based but whoever has the credits can wear it really.The skills come into the weapons.

Seems a bit silly to buy armor that not only you cant use but will abandon after a few levels?

OK so wait asec.....A player buys some gold.....then some armor they wont need in a few levels...and im assuming that you need to get it repaired at some point...

So repairing it will cost a bit.Then you attempt to sell it on this server...to a player who needs it..

This appears to be a great big hassle even if SOE is controlling the said items and eliminating the middle man.I mean im all for SOE doing this but it seems like its more of a hassle than its worth?

Its as if it would cost even more than the 14.99 a month your already paying for?

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Just like DAoC did to prevent twinking, SOE made it so in EQ II your armor is good for about 10 levels and then you need new armor. And the armor has a skill level attached to it so if you don't have enough skill for that type of armor you can't put it on.

SWG's system isn't comparable to EQ II's, but then again, SWG's system doesn't work, thats why the CU is coming. My TK can run around in whatever armor he wants and that makes no sense at all.

Also, you can't wear it and then sell it later, most items you have to attune to you to use them, and once you do that they are not dropable, you have to decide to sell it or use it upfront. You only need to repair it if you die, and repairing it doesn't mean what repairing does in SWG, when the armor goes down to 0% you can't wear it anymore until its repaired, and repairing it always restores it fully. A death takes it down 10%.

SOE isn't controlling anything, they are merely building an out of game bazaar just like the built an ingame one where players can sell their goods, this one just works off real cash instead of in game currency. And it doesn't cost you anything unless you decide to buy items instead of earning them in game, and only on specific servers.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

Ok gotchya so they are just making the money off items/currency that IGE and the ebayers are making.Well id rather SOE have it than a 3rd party.

Lesser of 2 evils as it were i guess.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I'm LEAVNG too! BYE BYE SOE! OMG...

What can i say... I don't agree with what they are doing... they were banning people a few weeks ago about this and now they are doing it... ahah how pathetic...

I still can't belive this... ::::03::

Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

Originally posted by Puoltry
    Ok gotchya so they are just making the money off items/currency that IGE and the ebayers are making.Well id rather SOE have it than a 3rd party.Lesser of 2 evils as it were i guess.

Now you got it. Sony made some pretty shocking claims on how much manpower and resources they waste helping idiots that got burned trying to buy stuff and breaking the EULA so they are trying this out. I remember when they ran these polls in EQ 1 and I knew then that way less people actually cared then many here would ever want to admit. Now they are just finally putting that poll data to the test.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Does not bother me in the least bit.

SoE made the game and make a profit off it rather then IGE who made nothing.

Originally posted by Zakor
    I'm LEAVNG too! BYE BYE SOE! OMG... What can i say... I don't agree with what they are doing... they were banning people a few weeks ago about this and now they are doing it... ahah how pathetic...I still can't belive this... ::::03::

no, they banned people for botting, not for selling items, but either way they were enforcing current policy. So I really still don't see what the issue was. That large banning is probably part of this decision they made. Man people can just see it however they want to see it.

- Scaris

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Originally posted by En1Gma
    kb4bluI dont understand what you're stating.What do you mean by selling items? Are you talking about selling items for real cash? If so, that's been around on virtually every mmorpg known.Other than that I dont understand what you mean.
    Most MMORPGs dont allow selling items though, and even though allowing it/ disallowing it doesnt really affect the sales of items with real $$$, its the principle that matters. When SOE is selling the items themselves... thats just wrong..

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

What amaze me is how some players react.  What amaze me even more, is that SoE even cater to those players for a long time, at the expense of soloers and groupers(and see how those players nicely react, read Afterlife or CoH webpage and tell me it was well worth ''investing'' in thoses players, they are the worst and they are quite happy to trash SoE for silly reasons, like spoiled kids).  Raiders love to see that only THEY have the control on everything else in the game, and when that control is remove from them, they are pissed beyond comon sense.

Fellow players, dont you understand that if every player CAN buy easily his upgrade, then SoE WILL have to make it FUN to earn it the other way?  Most peoples wont play a game where they NEED to buy gears anymore then I would play a game where I would need to raid.

Myself would prolly stick to a non-trading server, unless my RL friends can talk me the other way around(they where unable to talk me about a raiding server, even in WoW).  This feature is good, it dont remove anything to anyone in itself.  Exactly like raiding, basically is good.  However if peoples need to buy or raid, I am so out of there.  Give me a non-raiding server, a non-trading server, a non-PvP server...unless you can make it FACULTATIVE and not make me feel shafted.

I can respect RL money to some extend.  Raiding, PvP or tradeskills, I cant respect it in anyform when they screw my solo or grouping aptitudes.

EDIT:  When you spoil folks, cater them, rewards them unjustly, at the expense of others players, it is an extremely high risk that those folks, who are given everything they dont deserve, will rebell and find details and oversize them.  Psychology is quite simple, those players realize they have everything and dont deserve it.  To be able to accept nicely a gift, you need to feel you deserve it, that you earn it.  Afterlife, on a daily basic, see that peoples with half their stats where soloing better then them.  They know they didnt deserve solo uberness.   Same with the grouping system.  Yet, they get what they dont deserve and they see peoples more group or solo worthy then them leaving the game for lack of proper rewards.  If they would have earn their stuff, they would not react so badly.  But seeing all good soloers and groupers leaving, knowing they get the rewards those players deserve throught solo or grouping, eventually they will be so unhappy that unconsciously, they will focus on details and leave for better lands.  They seek better lands that repeat the same mistakes and that will invariably make their subconscious unhappy.  Another classical reaction would be to degrade solo and group and say it is not worth doing, which I will not cover here because it ramifications are extreme considering most players stick to solo or grouping only, which make them even more social outfits in a world of soloers or groupers when they scorn on those activities.  Solo uberness need to be earn throught soloing...group uberness to grouping, only then, could raiders be happy in the long run.  I see the ambiance shatter in guilds, and this is 1 of the many reasons it does shatter...they deserve raid uberness, but nothing else...and to be given the others players reward is always screwing everyone...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren