Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soe you lost me for ever

kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Ok I am leaving EQ II.

Since they are going to start selling items they can do that without me.

They have totally screwed up the game with all the solo content and changing group mobs to solo ones.

They players with more money will have the best items.  Its is no longer a game.

SOE can kiss my A$$.

Bye Bye EQII. 

Comments

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500
    Why don't you just play on a server that doesn't allow it?

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

What are you talking about?

Like selling in game items for hard RL $$ or?

Not that it matters for me, the last movelog split my guild in 2, out of 70 ppl 20 got moved, and we we all put in the command, SoE is a bunch of idiots for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• NoubourneNoubourne Member Posts: 349

SOE isn't going to sell items. Players are.

Newsflash genius: PLAYERS ALREADY ARE SELLING ITEMS ON EVERY SERVER. Plat and gold too. Wake up. Yeesh.

The only thing that has changed is that SOE is going to be getting the fees instead of Yantis and IGE.

Which would you rather have, Yantis and IGE getting rich of you and your guildies? Or SOE taking the cash and putting it back into development of the game?

Think about it. And welcome to like 4 years ago. Out of game selling has been rampant for YEARS. All games. Hello.

Habit is not to be flung out the window by any man, but coaxed down the stairs one step at a time. - Mark Twain

• blisseverblissever Member Posts: 124

LOL

I wouldnt even SOE get my money I just dump it in to WOW for now

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

kb4blu

I dont understand what you're stating.

What do you mean by selling items? Are you talking about selling items for real cash? If so, that's been around on virtually every mmorpg known.

Other than that I dont understand what you mean.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

This is what can make or break the perception of an MMO company.

SOE endorses and streamlines RL cash purchases of in-game items, the unequivocal bane of modern day MMO gaming. Companies like Blizzard will probably smartly enforce their current anti-IGEish policies, improving their rapport with the gaming community and making off well in the long-run... while SOE continues to nurse its unbending reputation among the community.

SOE underestimates the power of listening to its player base, and always has. That's what has led to its undisputed downward spiral and they'll crash and burn after repeatedly making poor PR moves like this. Blizzard and fellow competitors will just continue to capitalize on SOE's mistakes, mark my words.

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

ah i see now

SOE is thinking about having servers that openly allow this to happen.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Originally posted by En1Gma

kb4blu
    I dont understand what you're stating.
    What do you mean by selling items? Are you talking about selling items for real cash? If so, that's been around on virtually every mmorpg known.
    Other than that I dont understand what you mean.

I know it has been around for years.

But now you have a mainstream company supporting it.

My definition of a game must be different than yours.  When you make money off of a game its no longer a game.  This is not NFL football.

The only way I can state the way I feel is this...

You should earn what you get by skill not from the size of your wallet. 

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way but so be it.

Anyway I guess my MMO days are over.  So farewell all.  Since I no longer play MMo's I see no need to post here any more.

• skeezixsskeezixs Member Posts: 66
    and its about time they should have done this a long time ago. Its not about cheating even more so on eq2 with the lvl ranges on the gear. Would you say that someone that goes out and buys a sports card single from a shop is a cheater. Just because he did not open that pack of cards, he found a easy time saving route to meet his needs. This might actually unbreak eq 2 in alot of ways. but dont even want to go there at this time. lol wish it was on my server i would sell my whole account in a second. I would love to see this move to other games. Alot of times its not that i could not get the item i just do not feel like wasteing days or weeks of game time farming the same mob or camp spot hoping the stupid item i want will drop if someone has it and its quicker to spend a few bucks to grab it your right i will be there to do so.  great example spent almost a full week i could have been lvling or grouping with friends and what not, instead i was stuck killing greens for hours on end to get my bow stormfire. if say i saw it online for 10 dollars.... hrm waste a week of game time and get it or waste 10 dollars and 20 seconds and poof i got the item. If i was just a causual gamer that stupid thing took a friend of mine almost a month to get just playing a hour or 2 a day. In other games you got mobs with like 3 day spawn times and a lot of people that need that creatures drop. Like my poor warrior in eq 1 spent 5 months trying to get his drops off them darn dragons for his epic and they were never up not even once that whole time. If i had the opption to buy them instead of haveing to check a zone for a spawn ever day i played for months never to see the creature. I would do it. Just the same as collectors are willing to pay other people for there lick finding what they were looking for. will some people try to exploit this of course but that happens with everything anyhow, the majoraity will be helped by this.
  • Malachi1975Malachi1975 Member Posts: 1,079

Saddly "skill" went the way of the dinosaur the moment Exploits and Macro's came about. Whether SOE Officiates this or not, it has been and always will be happening. At least this method they can monitor it and hopefully keep the fraud down a notch. Whether that works out as planned or not is still to be seen. I would rather the Parent Companay of an MMO track these sort of transactions than a Thirdy-Party system which is what we've had since the days or UO and EQ.

I don't see as huge of a problem with some people purchasing SOME things with limted reasons. With level requirements on items it's not as if someone who just joins today can buy uber-gear to outclass all his/her piers. However, someone who plays with a group of dedicated friends but cannot say put in the 60+ hours a week his/her hardcore friends play can now purchase a few pieces of platinum to get a mount and feel as if he/she can keep up with their friends.

My ONE and ONLY concern is that IF it's not done right it could very well kill the standard market flow if sellers decide "Why bother with selling for in-game coin when I can make some real cash off this?". Though, even that polices itself to some extent because I doubt people are going to run around paying real cash for food everytime their character is hungry and needs better regen. So on and so forth to that end.

As for SOE not listening to their player base...well they are watching the paradigm shift. More and more companies spring up every year selling items-for-cash. Any with even the slightest inkling of market sense can figure out that if more companies are showing up and being successful at it that the market must bear it. Meaning, players are making the purchases ( most likely on every server you've been playing on ) lest these companies would collapse and fail without any business. So SOE has adopted the "Can't beat 'em, join 'em" philosophy. There are atleast two other companies out there that are adopting these concepts to some extent as well. So this is not just an SOE idea. Get ready for the way of the future. It's going to happen pure and simple.

To address the topic of "not making money for the game". Well, sure, as a player making money for the game seems a bit silly, to me and to some readers. That does not, however, make that opinion "right". Since opinion's are never right or wrong. In the end each player pays his or her monthly fee to play the game the way THEY want to. Unless someone else offers to pay my fee I am not going to play the game they way the "think" I should. That would just be stupid. However, it does seem that most MMOers seem to think "My opinion is right! I am a god among men! Heed my word! Damnation to all wh do not listen". If you don't believe that....read around some forums for a while. Saddly, most MMOers have the business sense God gave naval lint as well. Things are changing and we as players can either keep playing and deal with the changes or curl up under our blankers whenever a change comes and mutter about the old days. I prefer to accept the changes and adapt. Right now, this is an experiment to deal with an ongoing situation. We'll see how it pans out. If it DOES start causing major problemsI'll be standing next to all the naysayers voicing my complaints as well. Until then, I refuse to run around shouting about the falling sky until I actually see it falling. As well, I refuse to tout the holiness of any other MMO company who is NOT taking part in an experiement. If this works...get ready to most likely see EVERY MMO developer out there pick it up. In the end they are companies out to make money no matter how enamored you may or may not be with them.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• BarryManilowBarryManilow Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by kb4blu

Ok I am leaving EQ II.
    Since they are going to start selling items they can do that without me.
    They have totally screwed up the game with all the solo content and changing group mobs to solo ones.
    They players with more money will have the best items.  Its is no longer a game.
    SOE can kiss my A$$.
    Bye Bye EQII. 

Another person going on half-cocked without knowing all the facts and jumping to conclusions because he goes by hearsay or doesn't read what's he's mad about.  An educated consumer is rare indeed.

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

So.. Do all servers support this selling and buying?

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Another person going on half-cocked without knowing all the facts and jumping to conclusions because he goes by hearsay or doesn't read what's he's mad about.  An educated consumer is rare indeed.

Blah,

Don't even worry about it.  A few months down the road people like this will realize....

"oh man, I could of been playing EQ2 the whole time, and maybe made a bit of cash?"

We all like money.  I beleive for a lot of players, when they can actually attach a real world value to their in-game actions, will be quite stimulated by playing a Market Exchange Server. 

So good bye all of you who are leaving!

See you in a couple months!

Originally posted by sushimees
    So.. Do all servers support this selling and buying?

Right now from the way it sounds it will be certain servers. Though..I would assume if all goes well they may adopt the policy across the board.

"What is it I have against Microsoft, you ask? Well, you know how you feel when you wait for an MMO to come out and when it does you feel like you've paid to play it's beta test for another 6-9 months before anything even thinks of working the way it should? Being a network engineer you feel that way about anything Microsoft puts out."

• sushimeessushimees Member Posts: 489

I just played the trial and I was thinking of buying the game, but this idea seems a bit annoying since someone, who just joined the game can buy such good items and be better players like some other long time players.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Not even certain servers. It will be brand new servers that people can transfer their characters to. The only change that is going to happen is SOE will get the money to put back into production of the game, AND we will remove some of the farmers from the other servers.

As far as "not being fair" don't be rediculous. My job only lets me play the game 20 hrs a week. A kid in school can play much more than that. It's not fair that he has more time to play so can level faster. EVERYONE should only be allowed to play 20hrs a week or they have an unfair advantage.

See how goofy that sounds?

• BobiinBobiin Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Jodokai

Not even certain servers. It will be brand new servers that people can transfer their characters to. The only change that is going to happen is SOE will get the money to put back into production of the game, AND we will remove some of the farmers from the other servers.
    As far as "not being fair" don't be rediculous. My job only lets me play the game 20 hrs a week. A kid in school can play much more than that. It's not fair that he has more time to play so can level faster. EVERYONE should only be allowed to play 20hrs a week or they have an unfair advantage.

lol one thing wrong with this post. they wont put the money back to the production of the game. SoE is a good company, but they are greedy.  If they put the money back into the production of the game, you would see free adventure packs etc....

This is something SoE wont do.  They will put the money in their pockets.

Nuff said

--Nyture, Arc Convoker of fironia vie server (EQ) --Retired--
    -- Nytur 39 Conjuror of Lucan D'lere (Quit due to low populations)
    -- Currently playing WoW while waiting for vanguard
    Explorer 66%
    Socializer 60%
    Killer 53%
    Achiever 20%

PLEASE SOE MAKE A CLASSIC EQ SERVER. Shadow of luclin was a prick in EQs side. PoP Was a gun to the face.

I just played the trial and I was thinking of buying the game, but this idea seems a bit annoying since someone, who just joined the game can buy such good items and be better players like some other long time players.

Highly doubtful, unless they are buying an account they still have to trudge through the level treadmill like the rest of us to be able to USE those great items. In truth, very few people would bother spending cash for a piece of Equipment they can use at say lvl 15 when they just KNOW they'll be dumping it in a few levels. Talk about a waste of cash.

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

SOE HQ Weekly meeting.

Sony Exec. No.1: "The problem of people selling items is getting out of hand. It costs us money to investigate the people who are responsible."

Sony Exec. No.2: "Yeah, and not only is selling in-game items greedy and immoral, but if we don't stay on top of the problem, we'll end up with a lousy reputation."

Head of SOE: "Idiots!! SOE was founded on greed and immorality! And since we already have a lousy reputation, what do we stand to lose? We'll allow buying and selling items, and reap the financial rewards ourselves. Why solve the problem when you can make money from it? Oh, and you're both fired."

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

translation of Firemagic's last message: OMGZ!!!11one!!oneone!!!1two SOE iz t3h n00bz! th3y r t3h sux!!! WoW 43V@R!!!!!111oneone!!1

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

EQ2 doesn't work very well when in comes to "twinking" new characters as all equipment is level-based/colored coded.  So if an item is grey (low end) or red (high end) to you its basically useless.  And honestly, only things worth buying is high end stuff and by that time you can probably afford what people are selling online.

Not even alot of gold will help much til you get into the 20 and beyond where crafted armor will run you around 5 gps or so.

Only thing I see gold helping you some is when upgrading your spells, but even that is not worth the money.  You can do well with just the store bought spells for a long time.

Hope that helps you some.

Originally posted by firemagic

SOE HQ Weekly meeting.
    Sony Exec. No.1: "The problem of people selling items is getting out of hand. It costs us money to investigate the people who are responsible."
    Sony Exec. No.2: "Yeah, and not only is selling in-game items greedy and immoral, but if we don't stay on top of the problem, we'll end up with a lousy reputation."
    Head of SOE: "Idiots!! SOE was founded on greed and immorality! And since we already have a lousy reputation, what do we stand to lose? We'll allow buying and selling items, and reap the financial rewards ourselves. Why solve the problem when you can make money from it? Oh, and you're both fired."

WoW wins game of the year awards and its biggest fanboi wins biggest troll of the year.  WTG Firemagic!!!111one!!!!111 
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Bobiin
    Originally posted by Jodokai

lol one thing wrong with this post. they wont put the money back to the production of the game. SoE is a good company, but they are greedy. If they put the money back into the production of the game, you would see free adventure packs etc....
    This is something SoE wont do. They will put the money in their pockets.
    Nuff said

What in the hell exactly is greedy? When did good business practices and capitalism turn into greed? They are throwing up hardware for it, they have spent more money on this game then any other MMO ever made as far as I know and they have kept a very large development team intact after release of the game. What does greed have to do with this? When did running an MMO mean you were a charitable organization and that you should being doing it all for nothing? Do you think we would even have EQ 2 if sony was half the company they are now?

These greed posts are getting real old. Apparently everyone seems to think a successful coporation should not worry about their stockholders and their employees and just give it all back to the players. I havent seen to many posts in shock at a 40% resource waste dealing with people that got screwed that they are now gonna be able to dedicate to better things or cut back staff some and save on some costs. I don't see anyone commenting on how low we get All Access Pass for and that we are making an insane killing in gaming by using it because we couldn't even come close to that by subbing to seperate other games. BUT ofcourse its all about greed, heaven forbid a company is actually interested in profit.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by firemagic
    SOE HQ Weekly meeting.Sony Exec. No.1: "The problem of people selling items is getting out of hand. It costs us money to investigate the people who are responsible."Sony Exec. No.2: "Yeah, and not only is selling in-game items greedy and immoral, but if we don't stay on top of the problem, we'll end up with a lousy reputation."Head of SOE: "Idiots!! SOE was founded on greed and immorality! And since we already have a lousy reputation, what do we stand to lose? We'll allow buying and selling items, and reap the financial rewards ourselves. Why solve the problem when you can make money from it? Oh, and you're both fired."

Buy a clue man, buy a clue.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World