Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic ... in the shitter

Comments

• vadess40vadess40 Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by vadess40
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Originally posted by simplius

lets face it,,no game developer can satisfy such a big, and diverse playerbase

my suggestions: either two different games,,one for casual/pve, and one for hardcore/pvp

or have two of the the biggest devs working together, to make a relly epic game

i would hope for ncsoft and blizzard joining hands on this

make it happen, suits

swtor satifies neither

The planets suck, look awful and are boring.

mob AI is simplistic and boring. Standing around in the environment like puppets.

No immersion, worlds are dead, no day night cycles

Flashpoints get repetitive

Operations only cater to some hardcore raiders

PvP four or five warzones, repetitive, no open world PvP incentive, boring too

No space sim in a star wars MMO, lazy

but voiceovers, lots of voiceovers in boring, static cutscenes without camera movement

all packed up in a nice dated graphics package and terrible engine

Then why be on here trashing the game? If you don't enjoy it, go focus your time, energy, and effort on something you enjoy! Or have you already done that and you need to now go hate on stuff with all the extra time you have?

Excactly. I will never understand why people does not spend better their time. All goes to hate instead of enjoyment.

Of course nothing above is true, actually opposite. Except for pvp I would not know, I do not pvp.

Neither did I at first. Then I started playing an assassin and tried a warzone, and that's how I've been playing my assassin ever since. :D

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by daltanious
    Originally posted by vadess40

my suggestions: either two different games,,one for casual/pve, and one for hardcore/pvp

make it happen, suits

swtor satifies neither

mob AI is simplistic and boring. Standing around in the environment like puppets.

but voiceovers, lots of voiceovers in boring, static cutscenes without camera movement

Then why be on here trashing the game? If you don't enjoy it, go focus your time, energy, and effort on something you enjoy! Or have you already done that and you need to now go hate on stuff with all the extra time you have?

Excactly. I will never understand why people does not spend better their time. All goes to hate instead of enjoyment.

Of course nothing above is true, actually opposite. Except for pvp I would not know, I do not pvp.

They have to deal with the underlying feelings before they can move on (SWG being killed off I suspect is one) until then expect more ludicrous clutching at straw threads like this one because these guys will never give up, look at the negativity WoW still gets after all these years. Dev's are evil and love taking these guys precious toys off of them, don't you know that?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    My PvE experience with SWTOR honestly felt like playing one of the KOTOR games.  I know most people don't want their MMORPG's to play like single player games, but it's pretty fun if you look at it like another KOTOR.  Opinions aside, the game is actually doing pretty well at the moment.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

make it happen, suits

swtor satifies neither

I am glad you were appointed the spokes person to speak on behalf of both sides. Even though i don't remember voting for your election. Weird huh?

Next time please make sure to speak only for yourself.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

he was speaking for himself, AND THE MAJORITY

2 mio F2Pers vs roughly 50 mio  WoT players? 8 mio SUBBED wow players?

if you think this is acceptable stats for a STAR WARS game, you have very low standards

i will not stop flaming them, until we get a good star wars mmo

even if it takes 20 years

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    TOR FTW!  

I was only putting things into perspective.

Making a profit - maybe, CLEARLY making a profit - NO

Making a loss - probably not, but game could still be active due to a contract for a set period of time or just breaking even, CLEARLY making a loss - NO

The game has no clear plans for the rest of the year, and NOTHING to get excited about, unlike other MMOs, so they are CLEARLY not putting much into the game right now, and expect people to pay MORE for that LESS effort, which people are CLEARLY getting fed up of. Makeb may have spiked the revenue, but 2.1 and the lack of decent content for the forseeable future CLEARLY shows its going downhill now

Are you talking with that imaginary voice in your head again Niceguy? is he telling you to say ludicrous things? are you really that upset the game isn't dead a buried like you constantly try to claim it will be? maybe you should join the "toys out the pram brigade" and help it die much quicker, your talents are wasted on these boards.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6349186

Some people are never satisfied thinking that $15 a month entitles them to a perfectly tailored game to their every need.

Very Funny - That was posted AFTER I made my post (I guess my plan worked - BW saw what I posted and then decided to act on it - I love it when a plan comes together! ;) ), but still NOTHING to really get excited about, although double XP weekends may give me a reason to play and finish my chars sooner, the same with others.

Lets have a look at some of the comments across the first 2 pages out of:

To little to late.... im off for new games

That's it I think I am done with this game....

Definitely looking forward to the early August update.  Otherwise, I have to admit, I'm a little underwhelmed

Is this a joke? ...

a summer without any pvpers left in the game thats for sure

/YAWN  ......

Sounds like rather small updates to me. Nightmare mode on an old raid isn't new content, Bioware ......

Not exactly a lot of positivity

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

/Snip (Bunch of SWTOR Forum link)

This is really funny (and a bit sad) as we are now reduced to linking the official forum's as 'proof'.

By this logic, WoW died 6 months after release. ROFL!

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Originally posted by jpnz

This is really funny (and a bit sad) as we are now reduced to linking the official forum's as 'proof'.

There was not that many in WOW or any other MMO. STOs updates gets a lot of positivity

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by gervaise1

Not what they said.

Average revenue per month was higher in the c.4 months of F2P than it was before going F2P. They didn't say they were making money and the c.4 months included the revenue from Makeb. And increased revenue doesn't mean they are making money.

As for subs the previous number they announced was "between 1M and 500k". So technically the official announcement was a reported drop in subs. I know what you mean though: more subs than at the time they went F2P.

I am not saying they are doing badly (or well) just warning against reading more into what they say than they actually say. Like at launch when they announced 1.7M subs but only c.850k were recurring. The sub-500k number will be inflated by Makeb purchases.

Average revenues indeed went up just after F2P but that is actually expected, the fans buy stuff when the real marketplace comes out and some new and people who quit earlier try the game out.

I have to agree, it is dangerous to assume anything. If the income continue to rise it would be a good sign of course but if it starts to drop again EA could do anything including a total revamp or closing down the game.

The games real problem have always been that the main focus of the game is on the personal stories which would be great in a single players game but no matter how long they are most players are done with them pretty soon and you just cant add more filler quests to keep players at them. 

Adding a new race is of course always welcome (even when they charge for it) but I think they instead should revamp the group play and put more content into it, the long term success of all MMOs have always been the group players. Nothing against soloplayers but all I know rarely play a MMO for more than a few months.

he was speaking for himself, AND THE MAJORITY

2 mio F2Pers vs roughly 50 mio  WoT players? 8 mio SUBBED wow players?

if you think this is acceptable stats for a STAR WARS game, you have very low standards

i will not stop flaming them, until we get a good star wars mmo

even if it takes 20 years

Who the hell made you guys spokesperson for any majority? let me guess..no body!

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

There was not that many in WOW or any other MMO. STOs updates gets a lot of positivity

Hey, lets see if this poster's perception is actually based on reality!

Hmm..

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9773611&postcount=27

Umm...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9773691&postcount=28

Yeah.. about that.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9931131&postcount=85

Lots of posts about bugs / bad feedback on those but I was merciful and didn't include them. ROFL!

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

Very Funny - That was posted AFTER I made my post (I guess my plan worked - BW saw what I posted and then decided to act on it - I love it when a plan comes together! ;) ), but still NOTHING to really get excited about, although double XP weekends may give me a reason to play and finish my chars sooner, the same with others.

Definitely looking forward to the early August update.  Otherwise, I have to admit, I'm a little underwhelmed

Is this a joke? ...

/YAWN  ......

Sounds like rather small updates to me. Nightmare mode on an old raid isn't new content, Bioware ......

I enjoy STO a lot but i really doubt your comparison is fair. If anything no one gets flamed more than Cryptic and its both games. I am enjoying STO a lot but to say it gets more positive reaction is just absurd..have you even seen the STO forums lately?

I know you feel the anger from SWG shut down and you have been on this crusade since SWTOR release...but takign your anger out on SWTOR won't bring SWG back.

• MaakuMaaku Member Posts: 90

All I'll say is...

Me and 3 of my friends have subbed again because we feel the game is worth it and we're having a blast!!!  Might not be a generalizing trend but I think we aren't the only ones. EA/BW have said subs and sells are up as well and I can believe it seeing the servers (NA & EU) are all on heavy load at peak hours.

And please remember that subbed players receive 500 Cartel Coins FREE each month + every item in the Cartel Market can be bought with good old fashion ingame credits. So, there. Things are really not dire and far from being in the shitter.

Sorry you don't like the game.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    TOR FTW!  

Making a loss - probably not, but game could still be active due to a contract for a set period of time or just breaking even, CLEARLY making a loss - NO

The game has no clear plans for the rest of the year, and NOTHING to get excited about, unlike other MMOs, so they are CLEARLY not putting much into the game right now, and expect people to pay MORE for that LESS effort, which people are CLEARLY getting fed up of. Makeb may have spiked the revenue, but 2.1 and the lack of decent content for the forseeable future CLEARLY shows its going downhill now

Are you talking with that imaginary voice in your head again Niceguy? is he telling you to say ludicrous things? are you really that upset the game isn't dead a buried like you constantly try to claim it will be? maybe you should join the "toys out the pram brigade" and help it die much quicker, your talents are wasted on these boards.

Some people are never satisfied thinking that $15 a month entitles them to a perfectly tailored game to their every need.

Is this a joke? ...

/YAWN  ......

Did you not read the "toys out the pram brigade" I meant the negativity in that thread by the way and suggest your talents would be better used over on the official boards. I don't think BW execs read MMORPG.com much. If you are going to put so much energy into these kind of discourse wouldn't it be better directed at the right people ie the dev's? rather than on here or is MMORPG.com a comfort blanket?

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Hmm..

Umm...

Yeah.. about that.

Lots of posts about bugs / bad feedback on those but I was merciful and didn't include them. ROFL!

It took you to post #27 before getting anything negative? Then 28 and 85! All mine were done within the first 2 pages all within the first 20 posts. STOS negativity is negligible

Good feedback here, keep it coming. - nice!

Hmm..

Umm...

Yeah.. about that.

It took you to post #27 before getting anything negative? Then 28 and 85! All mine were done within the first 2 pages all within the first 20 posts. STOS negativity is negligible

STO forum moves a lot faster than SWTOR because of new expansion and increased activity. It has been what 4 days since the expac launched? once the rush dies out it won't be difficult to find nothing but negative posts on the forum.

And who the hell gauge success and failure of a MMO from forums anyways? if it was true WOW and GW2 both would have been shut down by now.

Originally posted by Maaku

All I'll say is...

Me and 3 of my friends have subbed again because we feel the game is worth it and we're having a blast!!!  Might not be a generalizing trend but I think we aren't the only ones. EA/BW have said subs and sells are up as well and I can believe it seeing the servers (NA & EU) are all on heavy load at peak hours.

And please remember that subbed players receive 500 Cartel Coins FREE each month + every item in the Cartel Market can be bought with good old fashion ingame credits. So, there. Things are really not dire and far from being in the shitter.

Subs only went up for Makeb, as even I subbed so as to get Makeb at half price. Woeked out well, subbed for double weekends, got Makeb, and then unsubbed.

If the servers are Heavy, then that means they are going down, as they once were mainly  FULL:

500 CC per month is what has made put the game into the shitter, as was not enough to get the stuff with 2.1. BW say that to get it all you have to keep subbing and you eventually get it, the problem is that there is not enough content to keep playing, and subbing just to get the 500 CC is a rip off. The game needs more Gameplay and less Cartel Market.

Subbers expressed their disappointment loudly which resulted in Bioware responding:

Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive
    . I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric

TOR FTW!  

Is this a joke? ...

/YAWN  ......

Did you not read the "toys out the pram brigade" I meant the negativity in that thread by the way and suggest your talents would be better used over on the official boards. I don't think BW execs read MMORPG.com much. If you are going to put so much energy into these kind of discourse wouldn't it be better directed at the right people ie the dev's? rather than on here or is MMORPG.com a comfort blanket?

You need a sub to post, and because of that they should read sites like this to see what will get people to sub.

Originally posted by Maaku

All I'll say is...

Subs only went up for Makeb, as even I subbed so as to get Makeb at half price. Woeked out well, subbed for double weekends, got Makeb, and then unsubbed.

If the servers are Heavy, then that means they are going down, as they once were mainly  FULL:

Gotto love this guy ....

"SWTOR servers are medium and low...game is dying'"

"SWTOR servers are heavy but game is still failing because once they were full'

imageimage

Originally posted by Whitebeards

Hmm..

Umm...

Yeah.. about that.

STO forum moves a lot faster than SWTOR because of new expansion and increased activity. It has been what 4 days since the expac launched? once the rush dies out it won't be difficult to find nothing but negative posts on the forum.

And who the hell gauge success and failure of a MMO from forums anyways? if it was true WOW and GW2 both would have been shut down by now.

I rarely see any negativity at STO as there is always something. Trouble with SWTOR it is too long between any updates and decent content.

WOW had 10 million subs, and now recently down to about 8 million. If SWTOR lost 2 million players it would be truly dead as it does not have that much. The more people who play the game there is more of a mixed reactions.

When I played SWG in the final years there was hardly any negativity at all - all the negativity stayed on these forums, as most people who played wanted to and were satisfied with the game, and although wished it could have been better accepted that the very small number of devs were doing their best and staying up all through the night updating it. Aside from Makeb, SWG had more stuff added to it in its last year than SWTOR has got in its entire lifetime.

I rarely see any negativity at STO as there is always something. Trouble with SWTOR it is too long between any updates and decent content.

WOW had 10 million subs, and now recently down to about 8 million. If SWTOR lost 2 million players it would be truly dead as it does not have that much. The more people who play the game there is more of a mixed reactions.

When I played SWG in the final years there was hardly any negativity at all - all the negativity stayed on these forums, as most people who played wanted to and were satisfied with the game, and although wished it could have been better accepted that the very small number of devs were doing their best and staying up all through the night updating it. Aside from Makeb, SWG had more stuff added to it in its last year than SWTOR has got in its entire lifetime.

That is because  you are completely biased and see and read what you want to.

And yes 'if' SWTOR lost that many players but since not all of us are in habit of over reacting by reading negative posts on forums, i know SWTOR won't just lose 2 million players and shut down its servers any time soon.

As far as SWG is concerned it is dead and was the most hated MMO not only on these forums but on the internet in general and probably the worst MMO i ever played after NGE. 

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    What is to prevent a game company, in this instance EA from changing the qualifiers for Full=1000 players, Heavy=800, etc.  To Full=500 players, Heavy=300 players?  I am not saying they have done this, just that it is possible and that an statistics derived from snapshots of the server login are flawed not just from a time of day / sampling error but from a manipulation error as well.
    Originally posted by hammarus
    What is to prevent a game company, in this instance EA from changing the qualifiers for Full=1000 players, Heavy=800, etc.  To Full=500 players, Heavy=300 players?  I am not saying they have done this, just that it is possible and that an statistics derived from snapshots of the server login are flawed not just from a time of day / sampling error but from a manipulation error as well.

For people who don't want to believe that a game is actually doing well would go to any length to prove otherwise. I have read similar pots about GW2 as to how Anet is misleading the players through server numbers because it is very easy to jack those up even though in game it feels empty.

Originally posted by Whitebeards

That is because  you are completely biased and see and read what you want to.

And yes 'if' SWTOR lost that many players but since not all of us are in habit of over reacting by reading negative posts on forums, i know SWTOR won't just lose 2 million players and shut down its servers any time soon.

As far as SWG is concerned it is dead and was the most hated MMO not only on these forums but on the internet in general and probably the worst MMO i ever played after NGE. 

People who sub obviously like the game, so why so they keep moaning about it?

Why do you keep thinking I want it shut down? I think you can see it shutting down, but deny it and pass the thought on to me.

I am not biased at all. Even Blind Freddy can see that SWTOR is doomed UNLESS BIOWARE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Saying that SWTOR is fine and dandy WILL DO NOTHING AT ALL and kill the game for sure

If no one complained about 2.1 then Bioware would not try and make things better "With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way." Only time will tell if they act on it, and do what people are after, if not then there will more quitting. If people said nothing and quit, then game would carry on.

I hardly posted on these forums to defend SWG when was active, because SOE and SWG deserved the negativity. EA and SWTOR deserve the negativity now as well.

At the end of the day I just want a decent SW MMO, hopefully it can be EA/BW with SWTOR, it is a MMO, so should be able to more stuff than it is. Comapred to even STO this game is rather pathetic. STO is pathetic too but it does not cost much and PW do more for it, and I can get more out of the game by paying less.

EA can easily afford to put more money into it, but as it turned out to be a flop, they can not be bothered to waste more money on it as scared that their efforts will fail. They made Dead Space 3 on PC the same as Xbox 360 and PS3 because then there would be no superior or inferior version (which is a load of BS), but then put effort into making the Wii U version better to entice players to buy that as well, as it came out later. If they all came out the same time I doubt the Wii U version would be better.

People who sub obviously like the game, so why so they keep moaning about it?

Because that is what people do? people feel they are entitled by paying 15 bucks a month.

Why do you keep thinking I want it shut down? I think you can see it shutting down, but deny it and pass the thought on to me

Nice try but anyone who has read your psot on these forums know that you are not happy that SWTOR is doing well.

I am not biased at all. Even Blind Freddy can see that SWTOR is doomed UNLESS BIOWARE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

No you are not biased at all. image

Saying that SWTOR is fine and dandy WILL DO NOTHING AT ALL and kill the game for sure

I see now you are pretending as someone who actually cares for the game? is that what you are trying to tell us now?

I am going to snip rest of the post because i don't want to get into SWG debate here. But what you do is not what one would call an "effort to improve the game'. All you do is spread doom and gloom constantly and have given ZERO constructive feedback. 

I never ever thought 'hey this guy really have some nice ideas to improve the game' or 'he really cares about SWTOR and want to see it improve' even once after reading your posts since SWTOR release.

Honestly, i just didn't roll out of the back of the truck so you are not fooling me here with 'i just want to see SWTOR become a better game' act.

This discussion has been closed.