Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 5.3: The Nail in the Coffin for PvP

13»

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Kalafax
    So they are kinda going back to how originally WoW was without PvP gear when everyone was on an equal playing field using raid gear? Sounds like a good thing to me, implementing PvP gear and stats is one of the things that killed WoW PvP for a large group of people in the first place, and they are just now year and years later, slowing going back to how it originally was.

That was a bad thing.  Raiders were going in BGs fully decked out and steamrolling players.

This happened even with pvp gear.

That's like saying you support twinks who can 1-shot undergeared people.  These players will have no chance, especially if they are new to the game or pvp in general.  It will just discourage them from playing, because of the imbalance..

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Panzerbase

So basically the OP is upset that you will actually need skill not gear to win a match, got it. 

Nor does the OP realize PVP in WoW took a nose dive when PVP specific stats entered the scene, but right keep thinking you know best there buddy. Oh and by the way PVE is where the money is at, don't forget who let's you PVP to begin with. 

Skill will not be needed.  Or do you mean PVE skill for pvp?  Isn't that ironic?  This is going back to the days when PvE gear was dominant in pvp, and when raiders were using top-tier weapons destroying everyone in their path.  Let's not forget that these weapons can now be upgraded with JP and VP too.  All the pve'er has to do is put PvP enchants on their gear and they will be superior to a fully decked out arena player.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Kalafax
    So they are kinda going back to how originally WoW was without PvP gear when everyone was on an equal playing field using raid gear? Sounds like a good thing to me, implementing PvP gear and stats is one of the things that killed WoW PvP for a large group of people in the first place, and they are just now year and years later, slowing going back to how it originally was.

I am not  PVPer but I have nothing against PVP, not even outside the BGs and Arenas - in fact, if there's no Open World PVP, the game seems stale and tame to me. However, surely the big mistake was to introduce PVP-only stats in the first place? By making stats 'all combat', Blizz will go some way to uniting the game once more, no?

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by Shadoed

I am not a dedicated PvP player, i hold a couple of the old titles from way back but only as far as Sergeant as i enjoy a little PvP from time to time. One of the things that has put me off BG's and other PvP related stuff over the past few years has been the fact that you knew for damned sure that you were going to get owned 100% by the guys who had full PvP gear.

Doesn't this flatlining of PvP advantage via gear encourage more people to participate and therefore promote PvP across the board or am i just not seeing where the major issue is? Surely it gives dedicated PvP players more of a chance to show their skill within their own arena?

It's not about competitive pvp - it's about advantage and domination to most people. 

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by echolynfan
    Originally posted by Shadoed

I am not a dedicated PvP player, i hold a couple of the old titles from way back but only as far as Sergeant as i enjoy a little PvP from time to time. One of the things that has put me off BG's and other PvP related stuff over the past few years has been the fact that you knew for damned sure that you were going to get owned 100% by the guys who had full PvP gear.

Doesn't this flatlining of PvP advantage via gear encourage more people to participate and therefore promote PvP across the board or am i just not seeing where the major issue is? Surely it gives dedicated PvP players more of a chance to show their skill within their own arena?

It's not about competitive pvp - it's about advantage and domination to most people. 

The new Virtual server tech in patch 5.4 should make world PvP a little more interesting, in short regardless wether your server is horde or alliance dominated the virtual server stuff *should* equal out the factions.  Guess we find out in about a month.