Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People still play this game?

StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

I quit about a year ago after hitting Level 60 with my monk. Just wondering if people actually had the patience and desire to stick around with this game. Final Fantasy XI was a great game because of its immersion with the player and the storylines it provided, however, certain things such as player uniqueness and character customization was an utter disgrace.

How are the pops and have any servers been merged?

Comments

• sxizsxiz Member Posts: 7

hehe i quited several months ago. Made it to

37 warrior
    50 ranger
    25 ninja
    22whm
    17blm

then i gave up, got borring like hell ::::12::

• zoodayzzoodayz Member Posts: 6

No servers have been merged also there is still quite a few players yes lesss then a year ago. But there is on average on each server 3000 players. Also the good thing is they are still adding alot of updates and have made it easer to solo in the game Ie: reraise band to reraise your self also a warp staff to warp umm lets see also stuff like tela. mea tela dem tela.holla ring to tela your self so we are not so dependent on one another. Also the fishing system has changed new missions and new areays in chains. Also takes less exp tnl after 50 some. less exp loss after 25 and theres more. See Im not saying its a good game or bad Iv Played Eq1 Eq2 WoW DAOC FFXI Eve and more a few off the wall MMO as well to me all games are missing something in each but as for FFXI Its stillb a good game. Shure come on back the water is just fine. Tho nothing new as for Player uniqueness tho there is alot of new armor and what not that will help stand you out from the rest. Good luck by the way Iv played allmost every server and I can tell you this they all have good and there bad players and some servers are ridiculous prices on there Ah. Like one server one town silk thread is going for 2.000G and otheres 1.0000G. So if you ever want to hope back abord again try out server Sylph as far as I can tell you it is the best damn server on FFXI GLuck ZoodayZ....

Originally posted by Stellus
    I quit about a year ago after hitting Level 60 with my monk. Just wondering if people actually had the patience and desire to stick around with this game. Final Fantasy XI was a great game because of its immersion with the player and the storylines it provided, however, certain things such as player uniqueness and character customization was an utter disgrace.
    How are the pops and have any servers been merged?

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

I find their adding more content faster then when the first came out

• schwinn36schwinn36 Member Posts: 7
    I still play, even tho this game is like a part time job image
  • ArkioArkio Member Posts: 27
    dosent the economy suck tho?
  • ScandalScandal Member Posts: 3

Yeah well sort off. The economy is screwed because of all those gil sellers and people that don’t care about other people and only there selfs. But there is a way to get money fast so its no real big problem, you just have to work harder for it.

I play this game now for three months (posted some new screens in the screenshot page) and I still like it so far. Well it goes further then just liking it, I still get the feeling that this game is perfect for me. The graphics are beautiful and the sound en music is from high quality. The jobs are good balanced and almost every class is fun to play. The best part is that you could become everything you wanted to become only with just one character.

Also the quests and missions are the best in Final Fantasy XI. You really get a feeling that you get deep into the stories of the characters that give you the quests. And the main missions tells a real cool story about vana’diel. Well I’m not going to spoiler anything but it is just cool.

My rating for this game would be a 9. And I played a lot of MMORPGs.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I quit last year becuse it was taking over my life. I would never get any sleep and be tired at work. But I would have had to quit anyways cuz I was using my cousins computer to play and moved out and now have a sucky computer. But Im going to start back up Im goign to get my characters back after I get my new computer built In a week or 2.

• HighRankerHighRanker Member Posts: 30

I still play! ::::22:: i have only level 50DRK now but im exping hard :)= and i play like 7-10h/day ::::31::

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

They just droped the amount of xp it takes to lvl not to long ago. While im sure it takes a while it wont be as bad as before.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

They just droped the amount of xp it takes to lvl not to long ago.

Actually, no, they didn't, really. What they did was smooth it. At the high levels you had levels that high XP requirements. They lowered those levels' requirements, while upping somewhat the requirements of the other levels. The upshot is that it still takes the same amount of XP to get all the way to 75, but you don't have levels you're stuck at forever now.

Chris Mattern

• DraconixDraconix Member UncommonPosts: 17
    actually they did decrease the xp by 10%
  • Wind_angelWind_angel Member Posts: 82
    I got bored with the game... It was only good when it came out... but when the servers are being filled with several players it started to get slow... I just wish that they could make more for new comers and close the old servers for the old players

Hurry up.... Clock is ticking

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Yes people still play this wonderful game, and guess what its coming to XBOX 360 with redone graphics so yes  people will STILL be playing this Sqare-Enix joy for quite some time. Thanks for asking image

• danielofloridanieloflori Member Posts: 21

X360 will have widescreen to... I'm hoping my account will be good on the 360 :-)

• LearyLeary Member Posts: 49

I played this game for about a year and quit last October.

I MISS THIS GAME! ::::16::

I tried starting back with a fresh character, but I just cannot bring myself to work through all that lower level crap again--not to mention the horror that is Valkurm Dunes.

I am going to try in June during Phase 2 of Welcome Back to Vana'Diel to see if I can get my character back. If so, YAY! and I'm back in for good. If not, oh well, FFXI, I'll miss you, old friend.

Tarutaru Bard's forever!

• SolkinSolkin Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by ChrisMattern

They just droped the amount of xp it takes to lvl not to long ago.

Actually, no, they didn't, really. What they did was smooth it. At the high levels you had levels that high XP requirements. They lowered those levels' requirements, while upping somewhat the requirements of the other levels. The upshot is that it still takes the same amount of XP to get all the way to 75, but you don't have levels you're stuck at forever now.

Chris Mattern

If you add up the total exp from 1-75 on the old system and add up all the exp on the new system from levels 1-75, there was 122,000 total exp removed from the system.

• tbirdtbird Member Posts: 18
    I just joined recently 2 the game and i think plaenty of people still play. The cities are not crowded but not empty either. I problem was that lvl 20 people come into town and like brag about all the money they have. Thats really annoying cause im a lvl 6 war and lvl 3 rdm (im forgetting it and making a white mage) and ive only earned about 3000 gil total! The game's fun but i hate the high lvl people that come into towns and brag.
  • LearyLeary Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by tbird
    I just joined recently 2 the game and i think plaenty of people still play. The cities are not crowded but not empty either. I problem was that lvl 20 people come into town and like brag about all the money they have. Thats really annoying cause im a lvl 6 war and lvl 3 rdm (im forgetting it and making a white mage) and ive only earned about 3000 gil total! The game's fun but i hate the high lvl people that come into towns and brag.

At lvl 20, they are just noobs. You haven't even begun to break ground at lvl 20.

I promise you they do not have alot of money at lvl 20. That is, of course, unless it is the best gil that "money can buy." image

• eVeiLeVeiL Member Posts: 2
    i still play this game but i wasnt playin for like the last 7 months cuz comp was broken and the something wen totally wrong with the economy the emperor hairpin use to cost 300k now its 800k there was a major inflation in the prices but the money is still hard to find my friend tried fishing for a whole week just to be able to buy two astral rings....thats kinda hard and the prices are on the rise..
  • ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304
    Wow people actually still PAY to play this game?  I quit after the 30 day period.  Worst MMORPG i have played yet, and Im now on #18, thats bad.

-----------------Censored------------------

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by ramadin
    Wow people actually still PAY to play this game?  I quit after the 30 day period.  Worst MMORPG i have played yet, and Im now on #18, thats bad.

You're a Tool

• BunnehBunneh Member Posts: 7
    I never really played the game. Though I want to.
  • FairyweatherFairyweather Member Posts: 18
    the game gets really good when you max out your level.  Lots of stuff to do.
  • AkirruAkirru Member Posts: 1

Ramadin, how far into the game did you get in your time here?

With this game, you'll probably notice that it is more end-game oriented, or at least a 'higher' level. There has never been a game that I have played as long as this. Though, sometimes I wonder why I still play, because explaining FFXI's features to someone else makes it sound like a long grind, no reason to play. In all honesty, I've found an endless amount of activities to take part in, especially with my Linkshell or other friends.

I guess it takes a certain state of mind to see the true qualities of FFXI..*cough maturity *cough*, and if you really get into the game, join a linkshell, and do missions and whatnot with them, you'll have many hours of enjoyable time spent.

Also, I had quit for quite a while a few months back, and wondered if many people still played after WoW had first come out. But I've got to say, SE has made many great improvements, and I really feel 'at home' when I'm playing the game.

All I can say is, if you're too lazy to do anything, which I'm sure many of you are (not all!), you probably won't like FFXI because it takes a long time, and effort to get almost anywhere in the game, but once you have friends that you can do things with, it's much more enjoyable. You may think this is true with all MMORPGs, but due to the style of gameplay of FFXI, you seem to get really close with your buddies.

One last note, DON'T JUDGE THE GAME AFTER ONLY A FEW HOURS/DAYS OF GAMEPLAY. It gets better. =)

• TeiohTeioh Member Posts: 88

I'll be giving ffxi another go in about a week, once the whole 'Return to Vana'deil' thing begins. I've heard though that the inflation has gotten pretty bad now, and was wondering if that was true. When I quit my 69 blm had about 2.4 mill and his AF gear, and I was wondering just how far that will take me if the economy really has gotten out of control. Doubly so seeing as I think I was out of beast seals, my primary money source.