Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: Our BWE #6 Diary

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Richard Duffek spent last weekend participating the Guild Wars sixth and final Beta Weekend Event.  His diary of these events along with 10 exclusive screen shots has now been posted at MMORPG.com.  A preview is below:

imageIt was almost a year ago that ArenaNet shocked the world by allowing everyone who had an So Friday morning I realize that if I want to get in on the Charr killing excitement I'm going to need a Preorder box... After reading all the nightmare stories online of all the people who can't find them in their area due to being sold out; I was not looking forward to driving all over town to find one. I decided to try my trusty neighborhood EB Games first. The know me there and seem to like me for some reason; even going so far as to try to get me to work there on several occasions. When I get there luckily the manager is the one working and not one of the newer people who don't really know me that well. When I explain what I'm looking for and why I need it he promptly pulls the last 2 copies of the Preorder box out of the "Reserved" cabinet behind the counter and hands them to me. His logic was that if they reserved them and hadn't picked them up by now they probably forgot about them. Well, I wasn't about to argue with him; so I paid him and ran home. After quickly hopping online and handing out the 3 spare keys I had (gratz to those of you who got one, sorry to those of you who emailed me and I couldn't hook you up) I popped the disk in and got it installed.

The installation and patching process was still as amazingly quick and painless as I remember it from last year. And of course the graphics are still drop dead gorgeous, so far what's not to love about this game? The first option presented to me of course is the RP or PVP screen; feeling like I wanted to get a feel for the game again and go through some of the storyline I pick the RP side first. Heading into character creation I decided I wanted to go with my typical tank character but with a little something extra. A couple minutes later I'm logging in as Kunou Everhate, Warrior/Mesmer extraordinaire. Ok, so there's really nothing special about him, he's level one and kinda sucky at the moment, but one day he'll be extraordinaire!

To read the entire article, click here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• NothanNothan Member Posts: 19

10 exclusive screen shots : Yes sur, exclusive
    but why some screens are with old gui (not last beta) ? ::::04::

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

All of those screenshots were snapped by me personally during the last beta event. Personally I've only ever played the very first BWE and the very last BWE, and it was on 2 different computers so there's no possible way I got the screenshots mixed up, I don't even own the old computer anymore.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

sorry i apologize, i go to wrong location to see new screen (click on screens !!!)... and i see...
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/screens/gameID/82/setStart/1

so i dont see articles and your screens.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Click on the link where it says "To read the entire article, click here" and it'll take you to the article with the 10 screenshots in it.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

thank ::::08:: Master