Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Siege, 5/ 18 / 2013

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

Well, you wanted me to raise my issues with DFUW at their forums and I said I've done that. I said you should do the same. And the way you act here, with all your 3000+ posts on MO/SV makes me ofc wonder to what lengths you are willing to go to discredit SV. Sry, if I hurt your feelings, but that's just how I see things.

And you seem to be the only one that don't have issues with crashes, server downtime, rollbacks, load lags, ping spikes etc. All the shit that has gone down in DFUW makes MO look like a polished game in comparison the last month, and that's including the happening with the invisible players in MO.

And there IS a difference between unlimitied trial to the new f2p. And that is 500 more skill points!!!

500 skills pints does not make something a F2P vs an unlimited trial.  You could have it with 500 skills points, 1000, 50, whatever.  The amount of skill points is irrelevant. 

I have a consistent 60 people in my alliance mumble.  More at peak hours.  Obviously we are all enjoying the game.  If you would like to see for yourself I will PM you the Mumble details and you can come look.  You wont have access to hop through channels but you can scroll and see how many people are in there.  And my alliance is small for DF.  Just 3 clans.  If you would return the favor I would be happy to hop into the mumble/vent/TS for your alliance and see how robust the population is.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

ah yes....the ever refreshing thread of "which turd stinks less"....

He, and other Mortal Fans just never understand that "some other game sucks more" is not a valid defense.  They are so hung up they think that other folks feel the same way and will get upset if they insult a game you are playing.  I couldn't care less if they attack any game..  Heck here is my list of games I will be playing so they can go get a head start:

Elder Scrolls Online

Pathfinder Online

Camelot Unchained

Shroud of the Avatar

Think that's it, but if I remember another I'll be sure to let Lahuzer know :-)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Toferio

So hey Lahuzer, shall we come back to the topic of MO finally polishing things up with latest patches? Sure, DFUW has its problems but here we see three year old bugs coming back.. It is also interesting to see the thread discussing the issue locked without explanation. Shall we also come back to the topic of censorship? 

P.S. I am also curious to why did OP edit his post, did he get PMs from fans asking to take it down?

Hey. Guess what. The FPS was good for the peeps in that fight. 

Um.. Considering bunch of invisible enemies, no wonder FPS was good. Look at the video posted. The guy must have graphics on bare minimum, there is no foliage except for two bushes on the ground, textures are blurry. And MOs current problems are not FPS, it is the network issues with nodelines, invisible enemies and hits not registering. 

I already answered this. But keep on playing that broken record over and over. The FPS wwas good for the peeps in that fight. And I'm not only reffering to the video. I'm reffering to the thread on MO forums and to what was being said on IRC. And again. Fact remains. The FPS has gone up, and is better for the players after the last performance patch. What you are talking about are bugs, and noone denies there are bugs in MO. Wanna keep on playing that record now?

The one sounding like broken record is you, as I've just explained why FPS was good - the game is ran on minimal graphics to be able to fight. 

No. Alot of players, me among them, run it on highest settings, and I noticed a 40-50 bump to FPS. FPS has been good since the performance patch prior to the fight, during the fight, and after the fight. We don't know how it would have been if the bug didn't make them invisible. But til then, the FPS is good, and it hasn't gone down yet. So you can't say it's bad, cause there hasn't been any case with the FPS being as bad. Quite simple rly. You can cry wolf as much as you like, but it won't change these facts.

Ah, fair enough. Do you happen to have a video from that battle, on high settings, to support those facts?

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782

So hey Lahuzer, shall we come back to the topic of MO finally polishing things up with latest patches? Sure, DFUW has its problems but here we see three year old bugs coming back.. It is also interesting to see the thread discussing the issue locked without explanation. Shall we also come back to the topic of censorship? 

P.S. I am also curious to why did OP edit his post, did he get PMs from fans asking to take it down?

Hey. Guess what. The FPS was good for the peeps in that fight. 

Um.. Considering bunch of invisible enemies, no wonder FPS was good. Look at the video posted. The guy must have graphics on bare minimum, there is no foliage except for two bushes on the ground, textures are blurry. And MOs current problems are not FPS, it is the network issues with nodelines, invisible enemies and hits not registering. 

I already answered this. But keep on playing that broken record over and over. The FPS wwas good for the peeps in that fight. And I'm not only reffering to the video. I'm reffering to the thread on MO forums and to what was being said on IRC. And again. Fact remains. The FPS has gone up, and is better for the players after the last performance patch. What you are talking about are bugs, and noone denies there are bugs in MO. Wanna keep on playing that record now?

The one sounding like broken record is you, as I've just explained why FPS was good - the game is ran on minimal graphics to be able to fight. 

No. Alot of players, me among them, run it on highest settings, and I noticed a 40-50 bump to FPS. FPS has been good since the performance patch prior to the fight, during the fight, and after the fight. We don't know how it would have been if the bug didn't make them invisible. But til then, the FPS is good, and it hasn't gone down yet. So you can't say it's bad, cause there hasn't been any case with the FPS being as bad. Quite simple rly. You can cry wolf as much as you like, but it won't change these facts.

Ah, fair enough. Do you happen to have a video from that battle, on high settings, to support those facts?

Nope. I wasn't there myself. But I read the thread and what people said on IRC. But I noticed a jump from 30-40 FPS prior to patch to 80-100 FPS after the patch. That made alot of difference for me. Espesially in Tindrem that was a cluster fuck before. It still not perfect, but alot better. A big step in the right direction.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Well, you wanted me to raise my issues with DFUW at their forums and I said I've done that. I said you should do the same. And the way you act here, with all your 3000+ posts on MO/SV makes me ofc wonder to what lengths you are willing to go to discredit SV. Sry, if I hurt your feelings, but that's just how I see things.

And you seem to be the only one that don't have issues with crashes, server downtime, rollbacks, load lags, ping spikes etc. All the shit that has gone down in DFUW makes MO look like a polished game in comparison the last month, and that's including the happening with the invisible players in MO.

And there IS a difference between unlimitied trial to the new f2p. And that is 500 more skill points!!!

500 skills pints does not make something a F2P vs an unlimited trial.  You could have it with 500 skills points, 1000, 50, whatever.  The amount of skill points is irrelevant. 

I have a consistent 60 people in my alliance mumble.  More at peak hours.  Obviously we are all enjoying the game.  If you would like to see for yourself I will PM you the Mumble details and you can come look.  You wont have access to hop through channels but you can scroll and see how many people are in there.  And my alliance is small for DF.  Just 3 clans.  If you would return the favor I would be happy to hop into the mumble/vent/TS for your alliance and see how robust the population is.

Ohh, I thought the ammount of skillpoints did matter, cause you can use, 500 more skillpoints on skills. :P I dunno what I'm missing here, or if I'm just dumb here. But to me 500 more skill points, a total of 1100 skill points is alot more then 600 skill points that they had in the trial.

There is around 50 peeps in the TS-server that I was in. I'm not there now since I don't play. But I could prolly get you in there. Although they are quite secretive with their pw. So need to ask them first. But what does it matter how much peeps are in our different voice coms?

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

ah yes....the ever refreshing thread of "which turd stinks less"....

He, and other Mortal Fans just never understand that "some other game sucks more" is not a valid defense.  They are so hung up they think that other folks feel the same way and will get upset if they insult a game you are playing.  I couldn't care less if they attack any game..  Heck here is my list of games I will be playing so they can go get a head start:

Elder Scrolls Online

Pathfinder Online

Camelot Unchained

Shroud of the Avatar

Think that's it, but if I remember another I'll be sure to let Lahuzer know :-)

No. What I don't understand is why you and others that play a bugged game like DFUW. Just as buggy as MO, and in a worse state then MO right now. Focus on throwing shit at MO instead of focusing on getting AV on track. I've been up front with AV and with the issues I had to not resubbing. And I've also stated that if they fix it I prolly be back, but I won't take AVs word for it. I will listen to my clan and other players that aren't fanbois on the forums bout it before I decide to test it. With MO it's easy to test the new performance patch, since it's free. So any1 can login and test it. I wish I could do the same with DFUW, and I guess it's only a question of time before I can.

Well, we at least will be trying PO together since I put in money to theor kickstarter. But I also did that for The Repopulation. So those are the two I look forward to most. And EQnext.

No. What I don't understand is why you and others that play a bugged game like DFUW. Just as buggy as MO, and in a worse state then MO right now.

Obviously most people still playing do not agree with you or we would be playing MO.  Does DF have problems... sure.. same as other games launched for a month.  Some worse and some less.  Feel free to discuss those issues on the DF forums.  After all that is why they exist.  Just like THIS forum exists to discuss MO, of which you are the only fan to post in weeks and even you spend more time talking about DF than MO.. :-)

If AV stole your money or scammed you I really strongly URGE you to go make those claims public in the appropriate spot.  This is not that spot.  THIS spot, and this thread in particular is to discuss the invisible siege from a few days ago in Mortal Online.  Unfortunately SV has once again locked a thread and cut off discussion so this is the best place for such a discussion.

No. What I don't understand is why you and others that play a bugged game like DFUW. Just as buggy as MO, and in a worse state then MO right now.

Obviously most people still playing do not agree with you or we would be playing MO.  Does DF have problems... sure.. same as other games launched for a month.  Some worse and some less.  Feel free to discuss those issues on the DF forums.  After all that is why they exist.  Just like THIS forum exists to discuss MO, of which you are the only fan to post in weeks and even you spend more time talking about DF than MO.. :-)

If AV stole your money or scammed you I really strongly URGE you to go make those claims public in the appropriate spot.  This is not that spot.  THIS spot, and this thread in particular is to discuss the invisible siege from a few days ago in Mortal Online.  Unfortunately SV has once again locked a thread and cut off discussion so this is the best place for such a discussion.

No you prolly wouldn't. DF has had a bigger following then MO and AV has been able to advertice their ol DF1 and DFUW more then SV been able to advertice MO. So ofc there is more peeps playing DFUW, and it's also, even though it's open world pvp etc, more carebear then MO, and easier to get into with safe zones etc compared to MOs harder learning curve.

And I've said why I bring up DFUW with you here, and it's quite common to compare games in the same genre. And what more is it to be said in that thread? People spoke about it, Seb answered he will look into it. Now we will have to wait and see what he finds. What is it to discuss?

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Reopening this, but please take the arguments elsewhere.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.