Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clueless GM caused me to quit on first day

2»

Comments

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484
    Naming a character in that manner is offensive. It makes all your arguments moot.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

• McPickleMcPickle Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by Deznts

After listening to the lore provided to me at character creation by the developers, where the witch class states that if her home wouldn't have been "taken by fire" that she would not have "taken their children". I created a witch named KiddieKiller.

A GM contacted me and told me my name was offensive and my account is muted until name is changed. Unfrickinbelievable.

It's OK for the developer to have it in the lore but not for me to have it in my charcter name? Hypocrites

you want it explained?

you created a HERO. not a VILLAIN.

villains go and kill kids. heroes usualy don't - they tend to save em.

there. explained. thanks for the dicussion ^^

Wha, Wha? He didn't create anything. He's choosing a PREMADE character, with a PREMADE background. That character in question(the one who wouldn't have taken the kids if...) is the one he will playing.

Your arguement is basically this:

The "witch" is a hero because despite burning children, her name doesn't reflect that. Had she said, made her name BurnerofKiddos, then her "actions" then take substance, but not before.  

Or is that over your 2 inch head? 

• McPickleMcPickle Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Naming a character in that manner is offensive. It makes all your arguments moot.

Eatyokids?

Offensive only to the uneducated. It's a Mike Tyson reference.  Or it could have sexual meaning. You know, offending someone isn't really a level of concern for me unless it does any actual damage. I can't worry about what one may or not be offended by all the time or I'd never get to say anything. Rest assured that just about everything you say could be taken as offensive by someone somewhere. 

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I don't see what the problem is.  It sounds like you were clueless about the rules and the GM had to inform you.  Seriously, just change your name.

• zymurgeistzymurgeist Member RarePosts: 5,484
    Originally posted by McPickle
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

Eatyokids?

Offensive only to the uneducated. It's a Mike Tyson reference.  Or it could have sexual meaning. You know, offending someone isn't really a level of concern for me unless it does any actual damage. I can't worry about what one may or not be offended by all the time or I'd never get to say anything. Rest assured that just about everything you say could be taken as offensive by someone somewhere. 

KiddieKiller.

Eatyokids could go either way. For all I know you're talking about baby goats. However if it's banned it's banned. The feigned outrage is puerile.

"We have met the enemy and he is us." ~Pogo Possum. 

• DamonVileDamonVile Member CommonPosts: 4,818

It says taken...maybe she took the kids to perform some ritual and sent them back cursed...

No where in the part of the lore you're speaking of does it say she killed the kids.  You're trying to get technical with the " letter of the law " so there you go.  You're name assumes something they didn't actually say.

This discussion has been closed.