Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does support generally take?

IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Question:

I've owned both CO and STO on my main Cryptic account.  I've got LOTS of costumes and the like from linking them and the collector's edition of STO.

I created a PWE account (very recently) for Neverwinter.  The PWE account is brand spanking new and I've never interacted with PWE since they bought Cryptic.

I attempted to merge my account and it tells me it's already been merged.  I don't know how.  I've changed the passwords for both PWE and Cryptic just in case. 

I sent in a support ticket yesterday about it and included my game keys.  I haven't heard anything back through their support channel.  As a follow up this morning, I submitted an email to the customer support email with all the same info as the support ticket.

Am I doomed to not have this resolved today?  (it's my day off... I just wanna play) 

Is there a number I can call (like Blizzard) to get stuff resolved?  I hate talking with bots and typically a person can do resolve/empathize and get stuff accomplished.   I don't speak Chinese but I'm sure Google Translator can get my general point across... :-)

Edit:  Ugh, all the email did was create a new support ticket through their automated system.  God I hate robots and computers and forms.  Give me a person to talk to darnit!

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

To the reply time:

Last time (a few months ago) when I contacted customer service with a STO question, they replied ~30 hours later - probably within a business day if we count that I'm in Eu so there's a timezone slip in business hours.

A guess on the accounts:

I think there's no such thing as Cryptic account anymore, all of those were merged into PWE ones, maybe that's why it states that "already merged".

Merging two PWE accounts into one (the previous CO / STO, and the new NW), that could be tough, at least based on the old account merging faq... but it's definitely worth a try at the customer service, maybe they can help.

Why did you make a new one? :) with your account you're already registered into all of their games, I just simply logged in with my old STO one after the open beta launch without any registration or stuff (since I used a separate account for closed beta testing, my main started as fresh :) ).

If they can't merge the two, you can still play NW on your previous account as well, and leaving the new one for mule and storage. Of course if you already bought a pack or spend some Zen on the new NW one, then it's a tougher situation...

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Yea, my NW is a Hero of the North.

I honestly didn't think about it at the time.  I wasn't thinking "oh my Cryptic account has been converted to a PWE account".  Before creating a PWE account, I did do a "find username/password" on the email addresses I would have used.  That stated there wasn't a registered account for my email address (which is the email address the Cryptic account is registered to).  I figured I was safe...

My bad I suppose.

And the only reason it's worth the fight is the couple of uniforms and ships that came with my Preorder/collectors edition/Champions online.  It's silly but I try to keep things together when possible.  (which is why I still have my account keys for games that have dissolved/shutdown)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I'm a collector too, with boxes and keys back to the early/mid '90s :)

and preorder stuff is definitely worth the fight, just as the HotN purchase on the new account... maybe PWE can somehow merge the two.

24 hrs in, no response.  I guess STO may be a pass.  Shame.  Really irks me when I pay for something and can't get to it.

Also, anyone notice the PWE Twitter AND Facebook haven't been updated in almost a year?

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Not sure if you have seen this.
    PWE account merge

"NOTE: If you registered for a new account after January 1, 2012 you already have a Perfect World account! If you do not have a second, older Cryptic account, then no linking is required and you can use your account to play Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, and Champions Online."

If you made a new account then it may not have been necessary after Jan 1st 2012. Try logging in with your old credentials maybe? Hope this helped a little.

Thanks, doesn't help.

I can log into both of the accounts (well I can use the Cryptic to login to Cryptic, but it won't log into the game).

The error comes when you merge...

Basically, you log into your Cryptic Account

It asks if you have a PWE account.

You say yes.

You type in your username and password.

I get this message:

"The account you are trying to link is already linked to a different account. If you feel you are receiving this in error, please contact customer service. "

It's NOT linked to another account.  I have access to BOTH of the accounts.

So I contacted customer service.

72 hrs and no resolution.

And according to their webpage aren't open Sat-Sun which means I won't hear back until next week (hopefully)

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Originally posted by Ikeda
    Thanks, doesn't help.

I can log into both of the accounts (well I can use the Cryptic to login to Cryptic, but it won't log into the game).

The error comes when you merge...

Basically, you log into your Cryptic Account

It asks if you have a PWE account.

You say yes.

You type in your username and password.

I get this message:

"The account you are trying to link is already linked to a different account. If you feel you are receiving this in error, please contact customer service. "

It's NOT linked to another account.  I have access to BOTH of the accounts.

So I contacted customer service.

72 hrs and no resolution.

And according to their webpage aren't open Sat-Sun which means I won't hear back until next week (hopefully)

Hmm. I THINK that cryptic log in credentials no longer work. I think you MUST use PWE log in credentials. So I think what you may be seeing is you are trying to access your PWE account from the Cryptic end, when its meant to be that you log into your PWE account to access your Cryptic accounts (NWE, STO, CO)

So using your Cryptic log in credentials may be where the hang up is. Gosh, I wish I could offer a better explanation, but the whole PWE/Cryptic account merger thing was confusing and messy when they implemented it.

I know that, for myself, I had to make a new log in name and changed my password for a PWE account in order to access my Cryptic accounts.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=664291&page=5

So....

Apparently I'm not the only one. A google found a bunch of discussions wherein Cryptic has taken up to 2 weeks to respond. Something to do with pre-linking it to a uncreated PWE account. Why it would have done that and NOT email me when I requested a username/password for the original email is beyond me.

So here I sit, same as ever...

Just FYI,

LoR launches today.  I've now been waiting for 7 days to get a response.  So I've now missed this launch, been displaced by the NW AH-gate Cat-astrophe, and scorned/ignored by PWE Tech Support.

The Twitter acknowledged me after a few tweets on Friday.  Same old "we're doing things as quick as possible" spiele.  So much for 2-3 day support time.  I'm at 7....

• apanz3rapanz3r Member UncommonPosts: 273

couple of hours for payment-related stuff

couple of days  up to 1 week for other stuff

Captains' log 0524-2013

Customer support watch... day 10...

Ikeda has been stranded here on this mysterious planet.  Ikeda is searching for the ever elusive Cryptic support agent.  People have told Ikeda that they exist but he begins to doubt it.

Ikeda's reported to twitter, to MMORPG, to their Support forums and has not found the slightest trace of their existence.

Ikeda will continue his search...ever further into the abyss.

.... why am I referring to myself in the third person?  Oh god, it's happening...........................