Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indepth crafting and 60 minutes of game time?

mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
I love crafting, indepth crafting.  Both WURM Online and EVE (have what might be the best crafting I've seen).  Though, I must admit I haven't played extensively on EVE because it seems like it takes forever to get anything done.   Problem is, I only have one hour of game time a day to play.  Any ideas; game wise, which have great crafting systems and don't take all day. 

Comments

• AlchimesAlchimes Member UncommonPosts: 27

Very good and deep crafting is in Fallen Earth. Also you can craft items while being offline. One of the best crafting systems. 90% or more of all items in game, can be made by players. 

Im not a fanboy and Im not playing Fallen Earth just saying that crafting is very good in this game. Other things like lags, not the best graphics some people may not like.

You can try to find some crafting videos on youtube.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    for me the best crafting system as far as crafting process go is vanguard and most interesting otherwise is ryzom
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

EVE is manufacturing, not crafting. If you are making 4 rifter's you know what you are getting. Insert ingredients and out pop 4 identical ships. It's not a bad thing, it works in EVE. You replace gear so to speak, it's just not crafting. That and it's all timers and passive.

Ryzom had a curious gathering and crafting aspect. Thing with that game was, you left noob Island and it got very, very lonely and it was boring that way.

OP: Give LotRO a go. Start out as a Yeoman. Cap out Farming and Cook, Eastemnet Master. Make the food you need to be kindred with the Hobbits and do that. Don't guild or anything. Move on to any of the others that have Farmer in it. Historian or Woodsman I think. I think I went Historian, then Woodsman. Most of the Scholar up to Supreme you could do with Dye and by this time you will be close to or passed level 30 with tertiary exper if  you went Eastemnet in Cook and Farmer. That will let you gather wood for woodsman. You can level that getting your kindred with Bree. If you run through the crafting like that and always keep a master something from the old crafting vocation you can get to 65 with just crafting and there is never a pressure to be super fast at how you do it.

• MikeDikeOnlineMikeDikeOnline Member Posts: 10

LOTRO, Ryzom, Fallen Earth