Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So bad...

PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Never really were interested in this one, but decided to give it a try anyway in the open beta weekend.

The game laggs so badly it's killing the experience, and when it doesn't lagg the game just feels like a facebook game.

There's no weight behind your hits, you just slap every mob 3 times... Not exactly the super hero feel.

Unless you're dying to play a superhero game, and you've already played the other hero games to death, stay away.

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i wanted to play this game because its the only Marvel mmo out there. Marvel is my favorite hero scene of all time.

Wont even touch the game unless they add WASD movement (or gamepad support), which is not going to happen so yeah, i wont touch it. Sadly.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by rojo6934

i wanted to play this game because its the only Marvel mmo out there. Marvel is my favorite hero scene of all time.

Wont even touch the game unless they add WASD movement (or gamepad support), which is not going to happen so yeah, i wont touch it. Sadly.

What is the obsession with WASD movement?

Have you played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2? That is basically a more polished version of this, with gamepad support.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451

Just watched a playthrough of this...and yeah, it looks pretty bad. Such a horrible premise for a MMORPG.

First of all, playing as an established Super Hero means that leveling and progression really make zero sense.  The graphics engine looks really dated. Looting? Yeah, cause I saw Iron Man looting his foes all the time.... :rolleyes:.  And whilst I'm on Iron Man....isn't there any flying??? Running into the public areas and seeing a dozen  of the same hero? As mentioned above, the click to move is not appealing either.

But these are obvious flaws and I'm sure I'm not the only one to have pointed them out.

Originally posted by Drakephire

Just watched a playthrough of this...and yeah, it looks pretty bad. Such a horrible premise for a MMORPG.

First of all, playing as an established Super Hero means that leveling and progression really make zero sense.  The graphics engine looks really dated. Looting? Yeah, cause I saw Iron Man looting his foes all the time.... :rolleyes:.  And whilst I'm on Iron Man....isn't there any flying??? Running into the public areas and seeing a dozen  of the same hero? As mentioned above, the click to move is not appealing either.

But these are obvious flaws and I'm sure I'm not the only one to have pointed them out.

Some highly rated, and successful games use that formula.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Xmen Legends 1 & 2.

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

Have you played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2? That is basically a more polished version of this, with gamepad support.

Bastion and Spiral Knights are 2 good example of top-down view action games with keyboard movement. Why does every Diablo style game have to be point and click movement? It just makes things harder because you cant aim and move at the same time.

Originally posted by patlefort

Bastion and Spiral Knights are 2 good example of top-down view action games with keyboard movement. Why does every Diablo style game have to be point and click movement? It just makes things harder because you cant aim and move at the same time.

First, not every Diablo style game use point & click movement. Many (those on consoles) use gamepad movement.

Second, of ocurse you can move & aim, that what the two thumb-sticks are for.

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142

First, not every Diablo style game use point & click movement. Many (those on consoles) use gamepad movement.

But that's on consoles. I'm talking about PC games. Like Torchlight, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Titan's quest, Magicka. It seems that on PC most top down view games defaults to point and click movement and rarely offers keyboard movement.

You can't move and aim at the same time when you have to move and aim with the mouse. Of course you can with 2 thumb sticks.

But that's on consoles. I'm talking about PC games. Like Torchlight, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Titan's quest, Magicka. It seems that on PC most top down view games defaults to point and click movement and rarely offers keyboard movement.

You can't move and aim at the same time when you have to move and aim with the mouse. Of course you can with 2 thumb sticks.

That is true for most PC games, except Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which the PC version does support a gamepad.

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    It's a very good game.