Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: Growing Up

13»

Comments

• kuroionikuroioni Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by elocke
    I guess I just need more reward for all those things you mentioned as I just don't see anything yet in the game worth playing a high level toon for once you've completed the world map, gotten a full set of yellow gear or whatever color passes for the best and completed personal story and crafting at 100%.  I don't want a gear progression system, I don't think I do at least, but all of these additions to the game like the achievements and living story feel shallow and pointless for my high level toon.  Not sure really what they could add to GW2 to appease my desire while still keeping it's indivuality and not following the gear grind trend of other MMOs.

These are my exact thoughts!

The game is great, especially at the beginning. You level up, you do wvw, you craft, you explore, you fight, you jump... And it all feels fresh then and is the focus of your game. 

However later on, I really feel this game loses its focus, and all the activities you do when you're all maxed out feel just shallow. 

This kind of approach - playing simply for the sake of playing, "the whole game is the endgame" etc - is fine and I love it. It a sandbox. And let's face it - this ain't no sandbox. 

I believe it actually has the worst parts of both kinds, but as it tries to split itself between the two, it lacks the advantaged of either:

it doesn't have the focused endgame of a theme park, yet it lacks the sandbox's freedom as well.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

They are currently on the right track (they finally separated their changes between PVE PVP WVW which has been needed since launch and now they need to go back and fix alot of things they broke in PVE because of not separating them originally for many classes).

Here's the hoping they finally came to their senses.

1: Loot to open world (T6 items that are normally almost impossible to find, DR removal, the ability to farm unhindered)

2:  Pet AI and giving them 90% immunity to AOE attacks that normally take pets down instantly.

3: The 19 pages of physics and trait bugs of engineer class getting a complete rehash.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

We have guild missions for people who need large scale organized events for their guild mates. It also gives ascended gear, which is higher than exotic (which is what you have if you left in the first month -_-)

Haters gonna hate.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• neosparkkneosparkk Member UncommonPosts: 59
    When the game released and Guilds were a watered down, useless, and unfinished mess it really set the tone for the rest of the game. I'm simply not motivated to redownload and try the game again. The fact that only just recently they're making guilds a bigger part of the game (which is NAMED GUILD WARS 2) is a joke at this point.