Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you live in the EU, don't buy this game unless you don't mind the server problems

Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

If you live in the EU, I would not recommend buying this game until Adventurine have fixed the server problems that they are having at present.

If you live in the US, you should be ok. However, players in the EU are experiencing excessively long server downtimes. 

Server downtimes for EU players start at about 11am GMT and can last until 3pm. This includes during the weekends.

This is in addition to additional server downtimes due to bug fixing etc.

There has been no communication from Adventurine at all. This includes no updates, no apology, and no plan with how they intend to improve things.

In view of this, I have lowered my rating of DFUW. I would suggest that other EU players do this in order to increase the chances that this problem can be resolved.

Comments

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

4 hour downtime is nothing really, call me when it's down for 12 hours.

is this every day? Every weekend? Or did it just happen once and your crying about nothing?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Zinzan

is this every day? Every weekend? Or did it just happen once and your crying about nothing?

NA server downtime 5 minutes

EU server downtime +3 hour at the moment and still not up

Was the same pattern yesterday.

Aventurine dont deserve subscribers, and why dont they do maintenance during nights euro time? Are they totally incompetent?

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

In the UK, this is right in the middle of the bank holiday weekend. If someone wanted to dedicate some time to playing DFUW, now is the time to play it. It's prime-time and the EU server is down.

But this isn't really the biggest problem - it's the lack of communication.

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

In the UK, this is right in the middle of the bank holiday weekend. If someone wanted to dedicate some time to playing DFUW, now is the time to play it. It's prime-time and the EU server is down.

Yeah, there is no info whatsoever.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

If you live in the EU, I would not recommend buying this game until Adventurine have fixed the server problems that they are having at present.

If you live in the US, you should be ok. However, players in the EU are experiencing excessively long server downtimes. 

Server downtimes for EU players start at about 11am GMT and can last until 3pm. This includes during the weekends.

There has been no communication from Adventurine at all. This includes no updates, no apology, and no plan with how they intend to improve things.

In view of this, I have lowered my rating of DFUW. I would suggest that other EU players do this in order to increase the chances that this problem can be resolved.

Yep, I won't be renewing my sub for this very reason. I love the game but I won't pay full price for 5 hour downtimes on a sunday afternoon.

Hopefully they fix this crap fast and we can all resume playing this little gem.

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413

You sound like a 5 year old child, whose parent has taken your candy!

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Bad customer service, alarm bells ringing.
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by emota

5 year olds don't pay their parents for the candy.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    I bet it is because EU rules are more relaxed when it comes to Customer Service :-)  Here in NA we call our attorney first!

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

More like someone that have concerns about Aventurine support.

You on the other hand sound just like that child.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Aragon100

More like someone that have concerns about Aventurine support.

You on the other hand sound just like that child.

Haha, come on.

You know the game is good when people go mental when they can`t play for four hours.

It`s not always this long though.

• LarisliaLarislia Member Posts: 20
    This has happend twice only.. give it a break please.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    This is one of the reasons why I dont play an otherwise conceptually great MMO. Aventurine is such a shitty company.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I underestimated the down-time - it turned out to be 8 hours long - during PRIME-TIME !

Are you kidding me??!

If it wasn't for the fact that it costs 15 Euros / dollars / pounds subs per month, believe me, I would be laughing as much as you are.

And there is still no communication - implying that this company believes that this is normal behaviour.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Its AV what do you expect ?

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Yeah, there is no info whatsoever.

Well thanks for the clarification, but I actually know the reality of it, i was waiting for you to admit this does not happen often and save some dignity.

Be honest, how many times has this happened?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)