Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date?

thtyungcrownholderthtyungcrownholder Member Posts: 16
Anyone have any updates on when this is goin to be released in US yet? Im kinda just jumping around idfferent mmorpgs waiting for it.

Comments

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Yeah, I would really like to know too. I hear so many good things about this game and am really anxious to try it out. I would also like some questions answered too if someone has the time to humor me.

Questions:

1) can you attack anyones town/castle any time?

2) are there NPC guards that patrol or protect your buildings, if so what are the requirements/cost?

3) is there a limit to how many players can attack a castle at one time?

4) are there safe zones during sieges or is it open pvp within an encircled area or instance?

5) are there seperate paths or gear for pvp or does everything translate from PVE to PVP

6) are there siege abilities? In other words skills or items only useful during sieges?

7) is everything destructable or just the main gates etc?

8) is there a quest grind or can you level up by simply crafting?

9) release date for NA?

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    iF there was release date for AA in europe/na .. you would know that. There simply isnt any. the game is in westernization stage, this may take several months to be finished and then closed beta starts ..,we can just hope for this year release :D
  • k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Thanks for getting my hopes up with that misleading title.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Sigh

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Yeah, I would really like to know too. I hear so many good things about this game and am really anxious to try it out. I would also like some questions answered too if someone has the time to humor me.

Questions:

2) are there NPC guards that patrol or protect your buildings, if so what are the requirements/cost?

4) are there safe zones during sieges or is it open pvp within an encircled area or instance?

5) are there seperate paths or gear for pvp or does everything translate from PVE to PVP

6) are there siege abilities? In other words skills or items only useful during sieges?

9) release date for NA?

I read about 1, 3 and 5 during the siege update. You set a time for the siege, ala Shadowbane and maybe L2, dunno never played it. The initial player limit is 60 vs 60. Some sort of invisible wall locks people out of the siege so they can't just roll up and join in. However defenders can opt to bring in more players, up to 60 more. If they do that then the attackers can bring in more players too, so its possible to have up to 120 vs 120 players.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by RandomDown

Questions:

9) release date for NA?

I read about 1, 3 and 5 during the siege update. You set a time for the siege, ala Shadowbane and maybe L2, dunno never played it. The initial player limit is 60 vs 60. Some sort of invisible wall locks people out of the siege so they can't just roll up and join in. However defenders can opt to bring in more players, up to 60 more. If they do that then the attackers can bring in more players too, so its possible to have up to 120 vs 120 players.

Not sure if I like that rule set, because in that case there is no way of knowing what the defenders decide to do. They could use it as a tactic against the attackers. Use the 60 person cap to limit the attackers and keep fresh soldiers off to the side, then when the attackers come in and realize its capped at 60 the defenders can bring in their reinforcements last minute and overwhelm the attackers. There must be some sort of balancing that wasn't mentioned?

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Pretty sure sieges are 70v70 and each guild can bring up to 30 non-guilded members as "mercenaries."  Caps at 100v100.

Steam: Neph

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Man, what a dick move of a thread title.
  • RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by RandomDown

Questions:

9) release date for NA?

Not sure if I like that rule set, because in that case there is no way of knowing what the defenders decide to do. They could use it as a tactic against the attackers. Use the 60 person cap to limit the attackers and keep fresh soldiers off to the side, then when the attackers come in and realize its capped at 60 the defenders can bring in their reinforcements last minute and overwhelm the attackers. There must be some sort of balancing that wasn't mentioned?

You can respawn Im pretty sure. The siege has a timer as a whole, so you get X amount of time, probably two hours or so I think it was, to either take the keep or defend it. Im not sure but there are probably time restrictions on when you are allowed to bring in reinforcements. Might be during the set up phase.

• SoliloquySoliloquy Member CommonPosts: 128

I've edited the title so that it isnt' misleading.

Please refrain from personal attacks.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

geez people are mean

Sz

:o)

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Questions:

9) release date for NA?

1 - If you build in safe areas, then no you can't be attack. But if you build in non-safe areas, then you can be attacked at anytime, and your buildings can be burned to the ground.

2 - There are NPC guards in the safe areas, but non in the non safe areas. So if you build in the non-safe areas you on your own.

3- During a siege it's 70 vs 70 that can go up to 100 vs 100. Sieges are only for the 3rd continent. If you build in another non-safe place then the battles are unlimited.

http://youtu.be/C7_2BBISp34

4 - A Castle Siege is open PVP within an encircled area.

5 - There is no PVP gear, with the best gear coming from crafting.

6 - No siege abilities, unless you consider spawning siege weapons as an ability, those are helpful.

7 - Everything is destructible

http://youtu.be/Z_l5CnDfYuA

8 - You can do both, but if you do crafting you will be bound by the labour system, so you will only be able to craft so much per day.

9 - We have no idea, Trion did state they would like a 2013 release, but at the snail pace they are going, I don't think we will see it till 2014.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Kumapon

1 - If you build in safe areas, then no you can't be attack. But if you build in non-safe areas, then you can be attacked at anytime, and your buildings can be burned to the ground.

The information i read is a little different: the houses are mini safezones and cant be destroied, EXCEPT by new guilds that take a territory in the northern continent and only in a limited radius around the territory center (this is to allow them use the terrain to build castles, walls and fortifications to protect the sword that simbolizes the territory ownership).

Houses can be lost too through no-payment of taxes or through long absency of its owner in the game, but cant be destroied by other players, i think.

And when a house is lost, in reality only the terrain is lost. The house blueprint goes to the inventary and can be "ressumoned" if the owner achieve other tarrain to place it.

• JuggernaughtManJuggernaughtMan Member Posts: 22

" 9 - We have no idea, Trion did state they would like a 2013 release, but at the snail pace they are going, I don't think we will see it till 2014. "

I think they started work on it already and are just waiting until its a little further along before coming out announcing dates, etc.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg

Ha, if thats a dick move to you...life must be pretty good.

• thtyungcrownholderthtyungcrownholder Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by JuggernaughtMan

" 9 - We have no idea, Trion did state they would like a 2013 release, but at the snail pace they are going, I don't think we will see it till 2014. "

I think they started work on it already and are just waiting until its a little further along before coming out announcing dates, etc.

Hopefully they get it done fast. Im tired of waiting for this game. Anyone know if this is going to be P2P, F2P, or B2P?

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Originally posted by Ghavrigg
    Originally posted by WellzyC

Put a question mark at the end of your subject you clown...

christ...   

Think you guys need to seriously lighten up a bit, get out more and learn how to properly socialize with people.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Trion did state they would like a 2013 release, but at the snail pace they are going, I don't think we will see it till 2014.

Yeah, everyone seemed thrilled to hear that Trion was going to publish. But I wondered if they wouldn't actually be strongly motivated to drag their feet for as long as possible. However you would think that XL would have known what they were doing when they signed. But on the other hand, why is the Japanese version already in beta?

Anyway, just to hijack this thread a little further, can anyone explain to me briefly what having castles/forts do for you? They don't appear to protect guild members houses, nor put a lock on nearby resources.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The game is ready for Kores,it is just undergoing English translation.Also Trion says they wanted more character customization,i doubt that means anything meaningful just more sliders but let's hope.

There is no way this game shouldn't release this year,matter of fact if any kind of effort is taking place,i would expect a beta start in another month.The problem i figure is since Trion is showing no effrot so far,they have not secured any actual servers to handle the game,so maybe that is why we are waiting for any news at all.

My take all along was Trion was holding back and reason they got the game was to make sure nothing competes against Defiance sales.It is fine to have translation and any kind of character improvements are a bonus but ZERO marketing by Trion and we are two months plus since they acquired the rights.

If you are SERIOUS about a game,you market it,that is what they do with ALL of their own titles.Geesh i was on Pogo the other day and saw a Defiance advert,Pogo has nothing to do with mmos.I have seen Trion ads everywhere even places nothing to with gaming period.

I guess it is fair if we wait and hear from Trion as to WHY they have shown no effort so far,that is if they ever come out of the closet and say something,anything.You know what makes it al lthe worse,Trion like every developer has PR community reps that they pay to do their job,just lie kthis site has a coimmunity team,so why is the Trion community team doing nothing?

There is zero news at gamasutra for Trion,so they have not begun to hire anyone for anything.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Now this is just pure hear-say but apparently the reason why Trion is being so quiet is because they are in the process of (obviously localizing language) trying to develop a marketing strategy for NA.
    Originally posted by Pynda

Trion did state they would like a 2013 release, but at the snail pace they are going, I don't think we will see it till 2014.

Yeah, everyone seemed thrilled to hear that Trion was going to publish. But I wondered if they wouldn't actually be strongly motivated to drag their feet for as long as possible. However you would think that XL would have known what they were doing when they signed. But on the other hand, why is the Japanese version already in beta?

Anyway, just to hijack this thread a little further, can anyone explain to me briefly what having castles/forts do for you? They don't appear to protect guild members houses, nor put a lock on nearby resources.

In regards to your question about castles/forts: They do actually do just that and when the nation building patch gets implemented this month, I believe, territory will play a much bigger role than it does now. This is where youre gonna start seeing alliances between guilds form, trade nations, etc. Nation building will put much more of an emphasis on territory control because everyone within your territory who owns property will pay a tax, hence is a source of revenue in exchange for safety in the otherwise open pvp Northern Continent.

Also, there are unique resources in the north continent so having direct access to those will be key.