Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

Just curious:  Do you have to move much while attacking in PvE?  I don't mind the aiming part, but I'm not great at moving and attacking.

Thanks!

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Yes, they entire game is about moving out of red fucking circles.

Sorry, I just really hate red circles, it's lazy game design.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Yep. Later on in the game, it will be insta-death if you find yourself standing in the wrong spot. Also, every DPS class in the game gets massive damage buffs from staying directly behind the boss, which requires you to stay pretty mobile depending on the fight. 
  • goosiegoosie Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Red circle mechanics only represent some AoE attacks in the game. There are plenty of other attacks in the game that can be telegraphed and do not show red circles, but yeah you're expected to move a lot in the game while attacking.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

Yes, they entire game is about moving out of red fucking circles.

Sorry, I just really hate red circles, it's lazy game design.

That's a load of crap and you know it, there's hardly any red circles in TERA, you've got bosses with one or two of those attacks obviously but the majority of a bosses attacks are their actual melee attacks which you have to watch for and dodge.

That being said OP, endgame instances you need to have very fast reaction time and be able to dodge/block rather quickly to be do well, it's a lot more forgiving on ranged classes though as they arent targetted nearly as much as melee, since most bosses attacks are melee attacks like punches, kicks, spins, slams, etc.