Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New content in a couple more weeks....

"As far as content updates, in a couple of weeks we're starting to add dungeons and right after that, the Market. There's a lot more coming, we've talked about it in previous updates, but those are the two coming up first."

And here AV stated the markets would be in "immediately" after launch and dungeons also....  So the entire first free month will have passed and no new content added.  Yup - same old AV with the bait and switch.  They will regret that decision as a lot of subs will not be renewed without new content.

From Greymoor on the DF forums over at AV:

"No dungeons or market for another two weeks? That's fucking appalling. We were assured it was almost ready to implement."

And yet I was mocked on here when I tried to warn people about their track record - at least I did try to warn ya  :)

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

"As far as content updates, in a couple of weeks we're starting to add dungeons and right after that, the Market. There's a lot more coming, we've talked about it in previous updates, but those are the two coming up first."

And here AV stated the markets would be in "immediately" after launch and dungeons also....  So the entire first free month will have passed and no new content added.  Yup - same old AV with the bait and switch.  They will regret that decision as a lot of subs will not be renewed without new content.

"No dungeons or market for another two weeks? That's fucking appalling. We were assured it was almost ready to implement."

And yet I was mocked on here when I tried to warn people about their track record - at least I did try to warn ya  :)

Well they assured us the game was release ready november 2012 and then they needed to fix some minor issues so new release date were set to december 2012. It then released 5 months later. Aventurine is a company of liers.

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Aragon100

Well they assured us the game was release ready november 2012 and then they needed to fix some minor issues so new release date were set to december 2012. It then released 5 months later. Aventurine is a company of liers.

Oh I 100% agree with ya there man.  I just had to post this since a few people liked to mock me and say I had no idea about AV and that I was wrong, that they have changed, lol  Yup they sure have changed....

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Who cares if it is another 2 weeks? For a company that has been developing a game for years, immediately after launch could be 6 weeks to them. It's all a matter of perspective. Anyways, I would rather have them release something with more polish, than to rush it out the door.

Darkfall is a lot of fun. I don't know what your issue is...

--------------------------------------------
  • DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    I'm having alot of fun with this game, there's alot of things for me to do. I never seem to have enough time in the day to do everything i want. I don't mind waiting for additional content.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

That must be AV's new playerbase they replaced us with Aragon...

AV vets know that AV just like to replace  their community once in a while ;) i heard they involved in mobile games ...

potential DF3 ? hehe

btw ...the "prestige classes" have had been almost ready too....

and 4 legged mahirim run was ready and just needed some balancing but was ready on the testserver ....lol

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
      Yup - same old AV with the bait and switch.  They will regret that decision as a lot of subs will not be renewed without new content.

- at least I did try to warn ya  :)

Blah blah blah

Why don`t you go and play your fantastic sandbox mmo? .......Ohh wait they don`t exist.

Ahh well, you`ll always have WOW.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

You've quoted me in the OP, whilst I'm enraged about the delay I don't see it as a bait and switch. Server problems, optimisation problems and problems in large sieges are and should be priority fixes. I'm just sad to see so many issues cropped up it's pushed back the content.

That's MMO development I suppose...

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Greymoor

You've quoted me in the OP, whilst I'm enraged about the delay I don't see it as a bait and switch. Server problems, optimisation problems and problems in large sieges are and should be priority fixes. I'm just sad to see so many issues cropped up it's pushed back the content.

That's MMO development I suppose...

Sorry - did not mean to intend you thought of it as a bait and witch - that is solely my opinion.  Just sad to see AV still up to the same old ways....  Gonna kill their game all over again...  Since November 2012 the only new content put in has been Primalist and their 2 schools.

This discussion has been closed.