Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience Giveaway!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com is proud to announce our latest exclusive contest for our community.  From now until May 15, 2005 @ 9PM EST we will be taking entries into a giveaway for 20 copies of Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience.  This bundle pack will release on May 26th, 2005 and will feature the original game "An Empire Divided" along with the expansions "Jump to Lightspeed" and "Rage of the Wookies".

All registered members of MMORPG.com are encouraged to enter the contest.  As with all of our contests, the more days you visit MMORPG.com - the more chances you have to win! (see offiicial contest rules for details)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• everun1everun1 Member Posts: 37

This contest sucks donkey nuts, for trails they have on and off they let you download the game. Why not add a couple months subscribtion. If I win(doubtful) this sht's going on ebay. I try and dupe some schamoo.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by everun1
    This contest sucks donkey nuts, for trails they have on and off they let you download the game. Why not add a couple months subscribtion. If I win(doubtful) this sht's going on ebay. I try and dupe some schamoo.

Are you just plain retarded or what?

This includes the expansion pack Jump to Lightspeed and the NEW expansion, Rage of the Wookies. You will not be able to download that through a "trial".

Last of all, this is free.

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

Originally posted by everun1

::::37:: 1) i dont know what your talking about with the trails and stuff 2) its only $14 a month and its worth it

3) i would love to get all the expansions and the first part in a contest because you must like buy JTL and Kashyyyk expansion speperate and i cant really buy them due to my cash flow being low currently.

also the last part i dont know what you meant but really this is a great game and a great competition. i will enter with the highest of hopes ^_^.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

In mid may a box is going on the shelves called Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience. It contains the game and both expansions and is gonna be $25. So if you don't win a copy, you can pick one of those up for a nice low price. :) That lets everyone with a tight budget try out this awesome MMOG :)

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
     Here is a contest that is not worth entering, now if they paid you Sub fees for a year perhaps but SOE will get no Dough from YO! ( they told me they did not want it anyway) Han Solo " Then I'll see you in hell!" ESB.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• VMaxxxVMaxxx Member Posts: 23

I was under the impression that Rage of the Wookiees already included JTL.

Snipped from site at: http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/rageofthewookiees/

The Jump to Lightspeed expansion is included with all orders of Episode III Rage of the Wookiees at no additional charage but will not be active until the Episode III Digital Download expansion is live.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Errr yes the contest is not worth entering becuase that raises the chance for us that have entered ::::39::
    Still its 30 days of free play & its 20 packs that are prizes (which means not 1 big prize but 20 smaller).

• bhugbhug Member UncommonPosts: 944

For those new to game, the SWG manual

btw, be sure your system meets the minimum requirements:
    100% DirectX 9.0 compatible computer
    Windows 98 SE, Millennium, 2000, and XP
    CPU
    Minimum: Intel PIII 933 MHz or AMD Athlon 900 MHz
    Recommended: Intel P4 1.5+ GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
    Memory
    Minimum: 256 MB RAM
    Recommended: 512 MB RAM
    Video Card
    Required: 32 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability
    Recommended: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability
    Sound Card: PCI, USB or Onboard Audio Device
    CD-ROM: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive or better
    Keyboard and mouse
    56K modem or faster Internet connection
    1024x768 capable monitor
    Microsoft DirectX 9.0 is included on the CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the latest updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your particular motherboard, sound and video hardware. 2.0 GB of free hard drive space. It is recommended that you have at least an additional 500 MB of free space available after installing the game for the Windows swap/page file and additional patch downloads.

Subscription pricing plans:
    Subscription rates for Star Wars Galaxies™: An Empire Divided™

1 month - $14.99
    3 months - $41.99
    6 months - $77.99
    12 months - $143.99

All billing plans are recurring, meaning you will continue to be billed at the appropriate interval, until you cancel your subscription. Note that purchasers of the full game will receive their free month of game play after supplying valid billing information. If you cancel your subscription during the free month, no charges will be made to your credit card.

New York State and Texas residents will be charged sales tax.
    In addition to the fees described above, if you are a resident of an European Union country, you will also be charged a VAT tax equal to 17.5% of the applicable fee. (eg. US$17.61, $49.34, $91.64, $169.19)

Remember, if this is a new account you will not be billed until after your 30 day free trial.

Now, this contest would be something if it included a 6 or 12 month subscription as that is where the real expense would be, (besides upgrading computer to meet minimum requirements.)

There seems to be 26 servers plus a test server. And the swg forum is heavly moderated.
    Jedi FAQ

PvP info

Advanced guides

... still no ewok jedi ...

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
     But there is no disclaimer about how the CRS, Mods and Devs are going sux wind. image

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

In your personal opinion and based on your previous experience of being banned.

But fact is that both the dev team and the CSR team have improved in 2005 VERY much. And yes, they DID "sux" in 2004 during the holocron Jedi progression desaster.

Have fun

Erillion