Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics BLurry?

Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Just got done downloading the game. I couldn't play 10mins without getting a headache because of blurriness. No, I dont' need glasses. The UI was crisp and fine, but the graphics were blurry. Anyone know why? I messed with the advanced setting for about 30mins going from lowest to highest to just turning stuff on and off, messing with resolution, etc. What is the deal?

My specs if it matters:

8 gigs ram 1333MHz,

NVidia 550m 2gb

i7-2670QM 2.2GHz

Win7

Not a great laptop by any means but I can play SWTOR maxed setings without shadows, Skyrim on high with 40fps, GW2 high with some settings maxed. I just want to play this game, or at least try it out. Been a fan of D&D lore for years. Any help would be appreciated.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Comments

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Most likely it's post-processing. It irritated the hell out of me in GW2, so now I always make sure to turn it off in every game.

Also, you could turn off camera shake and reduce the bloom a bit. Hope this helps.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    First thing I did was turn off the bloom.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I have a problem with the graphics too, i changed my resoultion and didnt notice much of a visual improvement. I don't think they have all the settings available yet.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

yea turn off bloom and post processing game looks much better imho.. i also add sweetfx which imho looks a hell of a lot better

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/382351/Neverwinter-SweetFx-Comparison-Shots-.html

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Wakygreek
    I have a problem with the graphics too, i changed my resoultion and didnt notice much of a visual improvement. I don't think they have all the settings available yet.

they are all in aside from the directx 11 client support but that is there under troubleshooting although doesn't really seem to do much of anything

under advanced video settings you have a lot of sliders make sure they are maxed up if your system can handle it.. many sliders go to 200-300%

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

they are all in aside from the directx 11 client support but that is there under troubleshooting although doesn't really seem to do much of anything

under advanced video settings you have a lot of sliders make sure they are maxed up if your system can handle it.. many sliders go to 200-300%

I messed around with all the settings in there but it wasn't showing too much of a difference, I think I may need to mess around with my video card settings I have them running SLI.

I messed around with all the settings in there but it wasn't showing too much of a difference, I think I may need to mess around with my video card settings I have them running SLI.

also check my thread above.. that is with settings maxed out and sweetfx.. only things off are bloom, ssao, and post processing.. if your system isn't seeing similar graphics i dunno something may be up.. also gotta remember graphics in this game are decent overall nothing great so don't expect miracles from the graphics settings.. 

also check my thread above.. that is with settings maxed out and sweetfx.. only things off are bloom, ssao, and post processing.. if your system isn't seeing similar graphics i dunno something may be up.. also gotta remember graphics in this game are decent overall nothing great so don't expect miracles from the graphics settings.. 

Yeah, I honestly think that my expectations after fiddling with the setting is that they should be better. But I think your right its probably at max settings as it is. I was expecting the same graphics I saw at PAX east last year, which were on HD computer and looked much nicer.

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Post Processing and Bloom were the first things I checked and turned off and on. Like one already said, I'm starting to think not all the graphics are loaded into the game yet. Some setting I mess with dont' make anything look different. ANyways, I'll wait a few days and see if they load a patch or something else into the game. No way I can play like this.

Thanks for all the replies.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• lovebuglovebug Member UncommonPosts: 260
    just go into advanced vidio setting. game looks great just a shame you can not zoom in on ya toon to play the game looks very nice but you are forced to play like a diabalo style cam.
    Originally posted by lovebug
    just go into advanced vidio setting. game looks great just a shame you can not zoom in on ya toon to play the game looks very nice but you are forced to play like a diabalo style cam.

What are you comparing this game to ? When I think of nice graphics I usually compare most games with Tera, I would say that Neverwinter is not on par with Tera. I think that some of the video files are not available yet until full release. Either that or maybe it needs to be tweaked still.

• polikokpolikok Member UncommonPosts: 11

Graphics in Tera is much better. Specialy character and combat graphics.

In this game yes there is some blur an bloom, it looks nice but nothing special, it remind me Dragon Age graphics little bit, but in Dragon Age it was better and combat was FAR better.

This game Neverwinter MMO is rather boring

Originally posted by lovebug

What are you comparing this game to ? When I think of nice graphics I usually compare most games with Tera, I would say that Neverwinter is not on par with Tera. I think that some of the video files are not available yet until full release. Either that or maybe it needs to be tweaked still.

Tera and GW2 are far better graphically imho but unfortunatly nw has things that want me to keep playing as Tera did not..

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I always uncheck Bloom.  For some reason it makes any game on any computer I've ever played on look all metallic and stuff.  I don't think skin, stone, even armor is supposed to reflect that much light hehe.  I never understood the point of having Bloom effects...all it does it make everything shiny...which isn't very good graphics imho.

Edit: Heck even Skyrim with HD graphics addon looks better without bloom effects.  It actually looks almost realistic, the eyes are a little off, but I don't think anyone gets those right, and who cares when I'm cutting them out anyways :)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

Just got done downloading the game. I couldn't play 10mins without getting a headache because of blurriness. No, I dont' need glasses. The UI was crisp and fine, but the graphics were blurry. Anyone know why? I messed with the advanced setting for about 30mins going from lowest to highest to just turning stuff on and off, messing with resolution, etc. What is the deal?

My specs if it matters:

8 gigs ram 1333MHz,

NVidia 550m 2gb

i7-2670QM 2.2GHz

Win7

Not a great laptop by any means but I can play SWTOR maxed setings without shadows, Skyrim on high with 40fps, GW2 high with some settings maxed. I just want to play this game, or at least try it out. Been a fan of D&D lore for years. Any help would be appreciated.

Famous Cryptic game engine. Same across all their games.

• JDogg126JDogg126 Member UncommonPosts: 44

My specs if it matters:

8 gigs ram 1333MHz,

NVidia 550m 2gb

i7-2670QM 2.2GHz

Win7

SWTOR does not have very demanding hardware requirements.  Your 550M will meet the minimum and maximum requirements for that game.  But if you look out on the internets you'll find resources that show you that your 550M does not meet the minimum requirements for many games.

http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GT+550M/games.  

That said make sure you have the latest drivers installed.  Nvidia put out a beta driver just before Neverwinter went live that was flagged as the Neverwinter launch driver.  It's beta but might fix some of the issues you're experiencing.

Also it's quite possible that there will be more engine optimizations to come with the game client.  This is "live" but it's still beta and you really should be directing your issue with the graphics to them so they can work on a solution, if one can be coded, instead of here where you're only going to get suggestions to try 3rd party programs that bloat your system up.

On my system the game looks fantastic.  I have an i5 3570K cpu, gtx 670 gpu, and 16 gb ram on Windows 8.

• ChaulsinNLChaulsinNL Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Old thread, but I had the same problem with everything looking blurry. What worked for me was changing the render scale to 1.00 under the options>video>troubleshooting tab. Who knows, it  might help someone :) .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Post Processing and Bloom were the first things I checked and turned off and on. Like one already said, I'm starting to think not all the graphics are loaded into the game yet. Some setting I mess with dont' make anything look different. ANyways, I'll wait a few days and see if they load a patch or something else into the game. No way I can play like this.

Thanks for all the replies.

i dont blame you, this game was better optimized in the beta, like you did i downloaded the game after release also and i cant manage to configure it properly (graphically speaking) to make it look good and have a good performance.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    The engine Cryptic uses in their games is terrible. Its blurry across all of them. Not even disabling that horribly overused post processing helps.

• kujiikujii Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I find that Tera is much blurrier than NW.  I downloaded Tera a few days ago and checked that all settings were on highest....not impressed and I wasn't impressed in Tera beta either.   You can go on the NW forums and find posts of guardian fighter armor and gear that are as sharp as any mmo out there .  I was told today that if you hit B you can use the mouse scroll button to zoom in and out. I forgot to try it so I am not sure of the extent or if you can play more zoomed in or out.  
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by kujii
    I find that Tera is much blurrier than NW.  I downloaded Tera a few days ago and checked that all settings were on highest....not impressed and I wasn't impressed in Tera beta either.   You can go on the NW forums and find posts of guardian fighter armor and gear that are as sharp as any mmo out there .  I was told today that if you hit B you can use the mouse scroll button to zoom in and out. I forgot to try it so I am not sure of the extent or if you can play more zoomed in or out.  

You must be kidding. Tera graphics are far superior, especialy armors. I don't like Tera anymore and even prefer Neverwinter, but character models and armor do graphically look much better!

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    The engine Cryptic uses in their games is terrible. Its blurry across all of them. Not even disabling that horribly overused post processing helps.

What are you talking about LOL. This game looks as good or better the rift. IT has a lot of great texturing and use of bump maps and dx11 effects,

I think some ya'll need to upgrade those Wow puters to the 21st century and put away thos CRT's for nice crisp HD monitors :) .

I play this on a 32-inch HD monitor with an HD7850 2gb - Neverwinter is a good game, but it is definitely 'blurry'...