Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon payments keep failing, nooooo

MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

ALot of people are reporting being unable to pledge, issues with Amazon. MJ contacted KS and KS contacted Amazon and they acknowledged the problem.

It seems to go through periods of being fixed to being broken again. Really nooooot cool. I hope KS reinburses them some time because of this, it means our "Last burst" is being seriously hurt by people who want to pledge. You try to pledge, and it tells you No", alot of people get turned off.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Comments

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    call a time out!
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    If you are lucky it might screw over those who will try to pull out of the massive pledges at the last minute.
  • I think if someone changed their mind on the big pledges they'd have already done so. Kind of risky not to given how big some of those pledges can be :p
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Not really, dangerous to post on this forum, but if you can't pay your pledge, you're fine. Simply put, if you pledge 10,000$ and only have 2,000$, you don't have to pay anything. You simply withdraw your pledge.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    i have heard of this issue before, and i dose suck, kinda wonder what the issue is i have never really seen issue with amazons payment servces before.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Originally posted by Axxar
    I think if someone changed their mind on the big pledges they'd have already done so. Kind of risky not to given how big some of those pledges can be :p

You certainly wouldn't leave it until the last few mins but if you can't find an Internet connection to save yourself 10k within say, 12hrs you must live somewhere in Northern Canada.

Maybe haters are DDosing Amazon. Man, the trolls are in force today. :P

http://status.kickstarter.com/post/49273054536/4-30-2013-amazon-payments-errors

4/30/2013 Amazon Payments errors

4/30/13, 3:00 pm: Amazon Payments is experiencing intermittent trouble as of 2:30pm. The error message seen upon pledging may read “Caller Input Exception: Caller does not have a FPS Caller Account.” We’ve contacted Amazon about the problem. Stay tuned. 

Update 4/27/13, 3:47 pm: Pledges are all set. If you ran into any trouble, feel free to try again now. Apologies for the hassle!

Update 4/27/13, 4:05 pm: Amazon Paymments is down again. We’re paying close attention to the situation and are terribly sorry.

That, or they should wave their 5% fee if it fund by the skin of their teeth.

Originally posted by Mkilbride
    Not really, dangerous to post on this forum, but if you can't pay your pledge, you're fine. Simply put, if you pledge 10,000$ and only have 2,000$, you don't have to pay anything. You simply withdraw your pledge.

I think if it funded with say 2,001,000 and a card was declined for  5000 then it still classes as funded for kickstarter.

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    If you are lucky it might screw over those who will try to pull out of the massive pledges at the last minute.

Pledges cannot be pulled out within the last 24 hours if they would cause the Kickstarter to fail.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• UOloverUOlover Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Instead of emailing penny arcade email amazon
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Your tinfoil hat is too tight.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

:Someone is bad at reading.

• TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Nothing Tinfoil about this... 

Hackers in denmark shut down the national key loggin system for 3 days with an american 10 doller server spot and a DDos spam...

If it is done in Denmark just for 10 bucks and a laugh why not amazon... DDos is probaly the simplest and easiest way to disturb a login/transaction system and i cant see how theres anything tinfoil about that.

Trust me, theres enough bored kids out there getting a kick out of stuff like that.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Amazon's servers must be wilting under the pressure from the massive number of CU KS purchases...
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

I think if it funded with say 2,001,000 and a card was declined for  5000 then it still classes as funded for kickstarter.

That's correct - even if it had 2.5 million and 1 mllion of those dollars were declined by credit card, it would still be funded. They would just get 1.5 million (well minus the fees and stuff).

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Quick then someone pledge 300k =-)

This is not CU spam. This is a CU forum. This is something happening with Kickstarter.

It's not spam if it's about CU on a CU forum.

Originally posted by Danwarr

Pledges cannot be pulled out within the last 24 hours if they would cause the Kickstarter to fail.

Backers may increase, decrease, or cancel their pledge at any time during the fundraising campaign, except that they may not cancel or reduce their pledge if the campaign is in its final 24 hours and the cancellation or reduction would drop the campaign below its goal.

You are right, some people might be in for a shock in about 20hrs time

You are able to avoid it.

CHeck recent activity. See CU.  See other stuff you want to read. Simple.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

ok.. so by this logic, they should only allow 3 threads in any game's  forum:

-Hate

-Misc.

I think we are on to something!!

• TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Piiritus

This is not CU spam. This is a CU forum. This is something happening with Kickstarter.

It's not spam if it's about CU on a CU forum.

Then why don't you use designated CU KS thread but create a new KS thread instead? It is a spam if someone like me clicks on recent forum activity and sees only this garbage. I'd very much love block subforum feature but until then I deem this subforum one of the worst ever. And I'm unable to avoid it.

This is a thread about an actual issue that is happening, not generic speculation about the KS.  The project is currently being funded on kickstarter, every thread about CU is somehow going to relate to KS.  Deal with it.  You cant just bury every piece of relevant information in one thread.  It becomes a nightmare to keep track of anything.  That literally defeats the purpose of having a subforum.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Big deal, pledge another day when its working, KS runs for a month.

Whats a few hours out of a month?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

[mod edit]
  • TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Big deal, pledge another day when its working, KS runs for a month.

Whats a few hours out of a month?

Considering the campaign is over in 42 hours, if the issue is persistent it could be very damaging leading up to the final push to get funded.

Some hours are more important than others.  The Pathfinder Online KS got a couple hundred thousand dollars in "just a few hours" at the end of its run.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Let this be a lesson folks, don't wait until the last minute.

For anything.

Ever.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil