Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you wondering about launch?

FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

As per is expected in any MMO now-a-days, the server came up about an hour and a half late since the patcher was screwed.  Well, according to them, the company that hosts the patcher service.

No biggie, came up pretty quick.

Get into the game?  Well, this is why they BETA launch instead of calling it a full launch.  The servers are so pounded right now, 90% of the population can barely move (ok, just a lot of ping-pong and lag).  Again, kinda expected sadly.

Hopefully by tonight they'll fix it *shrug*.  Personally I have nothing invested in the game (didn't even like closed BETA much) so I'm not mad (nor would I be anymore, I've sadly resigned myself to all online games launching poorly).

WOAH! You should see the chat though; it's like BARRENS circa 2006.

SO! For anyone that didn't know, OPEN BETA IS HERE!

**UPDATE**

Almost forgot to report that there is now a que, but the lag is gone.  I think you can see the correlation.

Meh, not really the game for me, but have fun everyone else.

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Yeah, lots of kiddies wanting silky-smooth running for a newly-launched Beta, all having little tantrums.  They think everything should be 100% perfect in life, but life isn't like that, boys and girls.  :)
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Fluxii

As per is expected in any MMO now-a-days, the server came up about an hour and a half late since the pathcer was screwed.  Well, according to them, the company that hosts the patcher service.

Get into the game?  Well, this is why they BETA launch instead of calling it a full launch.  The servers are so pounded right now, 90% of the population can barely move (ok, just a lot of ping-pong and lag).  Again, kinda expected sadly.

Hopefully by tonight they'll fix it *shrug*.  Personally I have nothing invested in the game (didn't even like closed BETA much) so I'm not mad (nor would I be anymore, I've sadly resigned myself to all online games launching poorly).

Its worse then Barrens 2006, as this is a free to play game, many people only logged in to trashtalk the game,  with all the lag, they got a lot of support from unnowing people...

It was officially worse then Barrens in 2004/2005... it really hurt my ears.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    zone chat should always be off in any newly released F2P game.. anyone that has played them in the past should know that.. i usually turn it back on once i get into the 20+ level zones.. like said above LOTs do actually just d/l the game to login and talk crap.. happens with every f2p game

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    zone chat should always be off in any newly released F2P game.. anyone that has played them in the past should know that.. i usually turn it back on once i get into the 20+ level zones.. like said above LOTs do actually just d/l the game to login and talk crap.. happens with every f2p game

What!? Half the entertainment is reading the chat (and sometimes egging people on, LOL).

Bad me, I know. =/

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    With how bad the server lag is, this game is un-playable until fixed. I'm not telling anyone to not play this game, but wait until they get their server's under control. It looks like something popped internally and is making everything just not work at all. I know it's a beta, so this sorta thing is expected, but I won't be playing this that much today since I can't get past the tutorial bridge fight.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    From what I understand they are no longer wiping characters after 04/25/2013. Which means although they call this open beta, its technically full launch. I hope its fixed by the time i get home.
  • JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by reploidx
    With how bad the server lag is, this game is un-playable until fixed. I'm not telling anyone to not play this game, but wait until they get their server's under control. It looks like something popped internally and is making everything just not work at all. I know it's a beta, so this sorta thing is expected, but I won't be playing this that much today since I can't get past the tutorial bridge fight.

I had hoped by staying far from the main city in midlevel area's I'd be free from the serverlag, but alas.....quit playing for the night lol, could hardly add people on my friendslist due to the lag :(

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    more interest a game has more people with try more server issues they will have.. top it off being f2p a LOT will be hammering the game.. happens with all popular releases.. no servers any game company owns can handle the initial load of these more popular games doesn't matter who is in charge of them they will have issue and will go down... its always good practice to wait a few days for the rush to settle down.. i usually make a character so i get my name then let the herd die down and the servers stablize then start playing

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    more interest a game has more people with try more server issues they will have.. top it off being f2p a LOT will be hammering the game.. happens with all popular releases.. no servers any game company owns can handle the initial load of these more popular games doesn't matter who is in charge of them they will have issue and will go down... its always good practice to wait a few days for the rush to settle down.. i usually make a character so i get my name then let the herd die down and the servers stablize then start playing

Same here. Though the only name that is really used is your PW screen name, you can make any name you want. Usually when I jump into a heavy beta I can look over some of the bugs, even lag if isn't bad. I'm doing now what I usually do, sitting back and waiting for them to get their servers under control and playing when I can move without being launched back to where i started.

That's too funny, I made sure to lock in the names I wanted too incase I end up liking the game.  I guess everyone does that though anymore; not really a new trick.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

What!? Half the entertainment is reading the chat (and sometimes egging people on, LOL).

Bad me, I know. =/

Well WoW was the first MMO

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I always wait a week before trying a new game.  Rushing to be one of the first to max level just does not interest me anymore.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

For the company it's always a lose-lose situation. Put up enough servers, and they will become too empty half a year later. Put up just enough, and you will have queues and lag in the first days/weeks. *shrug*

Also to quote one of my guildmates:

"We apologize for the lack of names . . .

Drizzt Drizzzzt Dryzzt, Drissst, Drizzzzzzt, Arya, Aira, Ariia Arrya, Ariia, Legolas, Leegolas, Leglass and Legggoollas are all taken."

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

As per is expected in any MMO now-a-days, the server came up about an hour and a half late since the pathcer was screwed.  Well, according to them, the company that hosts the patcher service.

Its worse then Barrens 2006, as this is a free to play game, many people only logged in to trashtalk the game,  with all the lag, they got a lot of support from unnowing people...

It was officially worse then Barrens in 2004/2005... it really hurt my ears.

Wow in Dec 2k4 servers were down for days at a time for months after launch. I had a crapload of free 3 days from Blizzard.  Still no excuse for it but it happens.

LOL, I knew it would happen... someone got in early and grabbed their name quickly...

I just saw a female Tiefling running around name!  You guessed it.

Drizzt Do'Urden!  How many variations of that are we going to see?  I just thought it was funny they chose a female Tief... probably just a placeholder... or to piss people off that didn't get the name.

I would never name a character off a popular IP.  Well, I almost did once when I was in my EQ1 days.  Off a MTG card.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

LOL, I knew it would happen... someone got in early and grabbed their name quickly...

I just saw a female Tiefling running around name!  You guessed it.

Drizzt Do'Urden!  How many variations of that are we going to see?  I just thought it was funny they chose a female Tief... probably just a placeholder... or to piss people off that didn't get the name.

I would never name a character off a popular IP.  Well, I almost did once when I was in my EQ1 days.  Off a MTG card.

From what I understand, you can have multiple charcters with the same name running around because its your PW handle (@whatever) that is unique.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.