Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well can't say we didn't see this one coming...

14567810»

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol someone wasn't here during the entire years long build up before gw2 release

oh i was and this is worse, even if there are less fans. i never have a problem with fans of a game, this is an mmo fansite after all.

but these dudes take it too a whole nother annoying level.

sorry, not trying to offend anyone but it just bugs me.

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by baphamet

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Lol someone wasn't here during the entire years long build up before gw2 release

oh i was and this is worse, even if there are less fans. i never have a problem with fans of a game, this is an mmo fansite after all.

but these dudes take it too a whole nother annoying level.

sorry, not trying to offend anyone but it just bugs me.

Half of the spam on this forum was fueled by trolls getting in flame wars over Kickstarter threads started by about 2 or 3 people. People just need to stop posting in threads about games they couldn't give two shits about.

EDIT: I just realized I have asked for the impossible...

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Danwarr
    Originally posted by baphamet   Originally posted by ShakyMo Lol someone wasn't here during the entire years long build up before gw2 release
      oh i was and this is worse, even if there are less fans. i never have a problem with fans of a game, this is an mmo fansite after all. but these dudes take it too a whole nother annoying level. sorry, not trying to offend anyone but it just bugs me.
    Half of the spam on this forum was fueled by trolls getting in flame wars over Kickstarter threads started by about 2 or 3 people. People just need to stop posting in threads about games they couldn't give two shits about.

but i do have an interest in this game, even though i don't give them free money to fund it.

but some of the annoying fans here really do turn me off big time.

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185

Originally posted by Danwarr

Originally posted by ShakyMo Lol someone wasn't here during the entire years long build up before gw2 release
      oh i was and this is worse, even if there are less fans. i never have a problem with fans of a game, this is an mmo fansite after all. but these dudes take it too a whole nother annoying level. sorry, not trying to offend anyone but it just bugs me.

but i do have an interest in this game, even though i don't give them free money to fund it.

but some of the annoying fans here really do turn me off big time.

I apologize, I wasn't directing that comment at you at all.

The trolls know who they are.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by Plastic-Metal

Colddog04's arguement is ridiculous.  It's like saying that if Bill Gates created a new software company he wouldn't be successful because he's hiring employees that aren't as experienced as the veterans at Microsoft.

Leadership goes a very long way, especially if the brains of the operation is incredibly talented.  You can teach someone practically anything, but you can't fix stupid.

You guys are tenacious. Please show me where I made an argument. Actually, the guy I was quoting even said he meant to say something else in a later post.

They have 2 people on their team that have done MMORPG development before. They have a total of about 20 people from what I've read. Why is that so hard to accept?

Eh.  Who cares?  The project funded and that's what matters.  Regardless of who is on the development team, complainers would just find something else to focus on.  GG.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• KappenWizKappenWiz Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by colddog04

Colddog04's arguement is ridiculous.  It's like saying that if Bill Gates created a new software company he wouldn't be successful because he's hiring employees that aren't as experienced as the veterans at Microsoft.

Leadership goes a very long way, especially if the brains of the operation is incredibly talented.  You can teach someone practically anything, but you can't fix stupid.

You guys are tenacious. Please show me where I made an argument. Actually, the guy I was quoting even said he meant to say something else in a later post.

They have 2 people on their team that have done MMORPG development before. They have a total of about 20 people from what I've read. Why is that so hard to accept?

Eh.  Who cares?  The project funded and that's what matters.  Regardless of who is on the development team, complainers would just find something else to focus on.  GG.

Also, Mike Crossmire was the effects guy for DAoC and a bunch of other games and is on board. He looks to be late 30's-40's and did all of the effects for Dark Age, spells, weather, day/night cycle. So, they have three gurus in important positions, Lead Design, Lead Programming, and Effects. Essentially, you have core ideas/design/systems, Engineering/Coding (top to bottom, the guy seems to know everything), and Aesthetic for the game covered. With an enthusiastic, talented, young team, they should be fine.