Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Open Beta Kicks Off

124»

Comments

• ITPalgITPalg Member UncommonPosts: 314

6 days later and my first attempt to get to the link above:

Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://nw.perfectworld.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

twitch.tv/itpaladin
    @ITPalg
    YouTube: ITPalGame

• anwaranwar Member UncommonPosts: 108

Looks like a "pay to win", but I'll give it a look if it ever downloads.  

I  prefer the subscription method to the store, everyone starts on even ground.   Balance and challenge, and grind are based on the desire for excellent gameplay, not on improving store sales.

• FaenwynFaenwyn Member Posts: 2
    I am agreeing with Rednecksith... I like the game but it really has almost nothing to do with D&D
  • wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241
     been playing it, having a little fun with it, but is there any open world adventure area ? or is it all city to to city quick travel ? It does not feel very epic at least in the lower levels, I can see a draw to the game for a certain type of player, I have enjoyed D&D for years, more than I care to admit, I am afraid outside of the flashy particle effects, there just does not seem to be a lot of meat on the bone unless the game really opens up later on,,just my own personal view..:)
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by wgc01
     been playing it, having a little fun with it, but is there any open world adventure area ? or is it all city to to city quick travel ? It does not feel very epic at least in the lower levels, I can see a draw to the game for a certain type of player, I have enjoyed D&D for years, more than I care to admit, I am afraid outside of the flashy particle effects, there just does not seem to be a lot of meat on the bone unless the game really opens up later on,,just my own personal view..:)

later areas are a bit larger overall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKgPKd9alA

its nowhere on the level of like gw2 for zone size but they are big enough to want to have a mount to travel around

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

After playing for a week or so I have come to the conclusion that this is a typical Perfect World game, it is blatantly pay-to-win.

Here is an excellent article on the various funding methods: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/

Take particular notice of how runes work.  If you want to pvp in this game it will cost you a years subscription at minimum.

This is the major reason I avoid PW owned games, upgrading things is just a big gamble.

Anyone giving this game anything higher than a 5 rating is getting paid to do it.