Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cryptic launchers down because of NW

ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Nw is up for 4 minutes:

We're looking into the launcher. Hold tight.

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/329264893326934017

5 minutes later a tweet from from STo:

Hi Captains. We're investigating why the launcher is not loading. This seems to be affecting all Cryptic games. Thanks for your patience!

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/329266620964937729

Looks like NW's popularity borked the Cryptic logon servers LOL

[UPDATE]

7pm (CEST)

For those asking, the Launcher issues are related to the web hosting of the Launcher page. We're working on redirecting to another page!

https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/329278341691617280

Next tweet tells that some players are lucky and are able to logon anyway.

Comments

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106
    They really should have expected and been prepared for the crush of people.  There must be thousands on top of thousands trying to download and/or play the game today.   it will get worse when people get home from work/school.
  • RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    population was maybe a reason they launched beta on a tuesday morning

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DeVoDeVo
    They really should have expected and been prepared for the crush of people.  There must be thousands on top of thousands trying to download and/or play the game today.   it will get worse when people get home from work/school.

All of europe "just got home from school/work".

I know we don't really count, just sayin' image

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by DeVoDeVo

All of europe "just got home from school/work".

I know we don't really count, just sayin' image

Ahhh...forgot about that.  Thanks for "schooling" me. image

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

It's Cryptic!

It was a total mess with STO launch.... with login issues and long queue times for two weeks.

Then it was the EXACT same debacle again when STO went F2P.

Now Neverwinter launches.... and here we are again.

They just have a set number of login servers. That's it! They refuse to expand the number of login servers.

They just tell people they are looking into it, while the truth is that they just wait till enough people get fed up trying and the servers settle down themselves. Just booting up ones that crash.

It has been common practice by Cryptic as long as I can remember. /sigh

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Basically with their prices of $200 and $60 for early access they failed to spread the access of new players...

Seems like a classic example of underestimated launch  crowds...  By the way, it launched at Eu main prime play time..

There is a reason they launch in open beta state, and not with a true release.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I'm so happy I bought the €55/$60 pack and have been enjoying NW already for a couple of days. Like I said during beta, NW is really worth it and I do understand why there are so many players trying to logon now... Sadly though, as Lord Backus said, it's now prime-time here in the EU and I can't play (just had dinner and had to log off...)
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's Cryptic!

It was a total mess with STO launch.... with login issues and long queue times for two weeks.

They just have a set number of login servers. That's it! They refuse to expand the number of login servers.

They just tell people they are looking into it, while the truth is that they just wait till enough people get fed up trying and the servers settle down themselves. Just booting up ones that crash.

Proof or it never happened...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Basically with their prices of $200 and $60 for early access they failed to spread the access of new players...

Seems like a classic example of underestimated launch  crowds...  By the way, it launched at Eu main prime play time..

F2P games always launch as Open Beta and stay that way until they shut down.

This way they can do whatever they want with the game and not be held accountable due to the everlasting Beta argument!

Originally posted by Slampig

It's Cryptic!

If you were there during STO launch and STO F2P.... then you got your proof.

If not... ask any STO veteran player and they'll tell you.

As I only mentioned launch and F2P launch.... but it was pretty much with every new Season content release that the servers were crashing again and again.... going through the same issues over and over again. When people came back to try out the new content.

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

F2P games always launch as Open Beta and stay that way until they shut down.

This way they can do whatever they want with the game and not be held accountable due to the everlasting Beta argument!

Yeah, I find this whole "Open Beta" schpiel totally hilarious !

In the case of Neverwinter, the only difference between the start of "Open Beta" and actual game launch will be when Cryptic makes an arbitrary announcement that the game has now "Officially Launched". Most likely the playerbase won't even notice.

Absolutely nothing changes when it actually "Launches"...

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    They likely knew their login server arcitecture couldn't handle the load today, but didn't want to spend anything on beefing it up, so they can call it "Open Beta" and just say, "What? it's not released yet. Deal with it!" Hahaha clever girl.

Joined - July 2004

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by remyburke
    They likely new their login server arcitecture couldn't handle the load today, but didn't want to spend anything on beefing it up, so they can call it "Open Beta" and just say, "What? it's not released yet. Deal with it!" Hahaha clever girl.

The ''open beta' excuse is valid, but this also effects Star Trek online and Champions online :p

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

It's Cryptic!

As I only mentioned launch and F2P launch.... but it was pretty much with every new Season content release that the servers were crashing again and again.... going through the same issues over and over again. When people came back to try out the new content.

Absolute twaddle, your a jaded biased player who has an axe to grind because someone pinched your favourite plaything. Your not going to be taken seriously when your just pointing fingers and jabbing them into the chest of anyone that may have anything positive to say about a company you so obviously dislike.

However if you DID actually post some hard cold proof then you would be taken seriously.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I have been looking forward to this game since Pax last year, I really hope when I get home today that I won't have any issues logging in. Otherwise I may go back to Wrath of the white witch.
    Originally posted by Reizla
    They likely new their login server arcitecture couldn't handle the load today, but didn't want to spend anything on beefing it up, so they can call it "Open Beta" and just say, "What? it's not released yet. Deal with it!" Hahaha clever girl.

The ''open beta' excuse is valid, but this also effects Star Trek online and Champions online :p

It's not! People are paying "real" money since last week. The cash shop is there accepting you hard earned cash!

It's launch! But F2P games use the "Open Beta" tactic and keep their games in "Open Beta" forever... so they can get away with practically anything.

It's a clever tactic really! Just not for us gamers.

Originally posted by AwDiddums

It's Cryptic!

Absolute twaddle, your a jaded biased player who has an axe to grind because someone pinched your favourite plaything. Your not going to be taken seriously when your just pointing fingers and jabbing them into the chest of anyone that may have anything positive to say about a company you so obviously dislike.

However if you DID actually post some hard cold proof then you would be taken seriously.

Dude! Go ask ANY STO veteran and they will tell you the same thing.

Cryptic's login servers CANNOT handle high(er) load! Never have and never will!

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

lol you trying to launch the game via launcher? Sad :d I've tried it only once and when it have failed I had to use direct client which at one click I jump ingame ;)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Just finished downloading, white screen on client. Maybe later....
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Yay for mass logging and server killing...brings back so many memories.  It's DAoC relic raiding all over again haha :D
  • ep1k-1337ep1k-1337 Member Posts: 13
    What an absolute joke, I wonder if they will be refunding me some of the hard earned cash I dropped on this game to play early...now that my play time is taken away and all. I doubt it, right? Right.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Reizla

It's not! People are paying "real" money since last week. The cash shop is there accepting you hard earned cash!

It's launch! But F2P games use the "Open Beta" tactic and keep their games in "Open Beta" forever... so they can get away with practically anything.

It's a clever tactic really! Just not for us gamers.

Exactly! Any game that claims to be in Beta when it has a cash shop open is talking shite. If the shop is up and they're taking your money it's a released game, no matter what they call it. You don't pay a sub for a beta, this is no different. Once that preferred business model kicks in and starts to generate revenue, that game is in a released state.

I feel sorry for those that actually paid up front for the early access and now can't get in. There's a lesson to be learned here folks. Stop paying for early access, be a little patient, wait for a review, and maybe we'll start to see working, stable, fully featured games released.

• KtaraKtara Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by lickm3

lol you trying to launch the game via launcher? Sad :d I've tried it only once and when it have failed I had to use direct client which at one click I jump ingame ;)

This doesn't work, it gives a timeout error. 

• RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by ep1k-1337
    What an absolute joke, I wonder if they will be refunding me some of the hard earned cash I dropped on this game to play early...now that my play time is taken away and all. I doubt it, right? Right.

Your time period to play early is over as this is the general release, so that complaint is pretty invalid.

Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

I feel sorry for those that actually paid up front for the early access and now can't get in. There's a lesson to be learned here folks. Stop paying for early access, be a little patient, wait for a review, and maybe we'll start to see working, stable, fully featured games released.

Like that's ever going to happen, lmao

This discussion has been closed.