Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Heroes: Iron Man 3 Open Beta Weekend Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment has announced the "Power Up" Open Beta Weekend for Marvel Heroes. The open beta event coincides with the theatrical release of Iron Man 3 in movie theaters around the world. Marvel Heroes “Iron Man 3” Open Beta Weekend begins on Friday, May 3rd at 7:00 PM PDT and runs through Monday, May 6th at 10:00 AM PDT.  

As part of the “Iron Man 3” Open Beta Weekend, new players who participate will be able to select an Avenger as their starting hero - including Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Black Widow.*  There are over 14 Iron Man armors that will be available in Marvel Heroes spanning the Golden Avenger’s illustrious career in comics and movies (Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, The Avengers).

Register for access on the Marvel Heroes site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I can't wait.  I want to be Thor or Captain America, I can't decide which, I have a ton of comics from both of them, and some others, but they were the best comics imho.  X-men, spiderman, etc were good, but I just liked Thor and Captain America comics :D
  • DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

Good. This is how the actual game should launch as.

Imagine how pissed off everyone will be when they play the game when it launches that they have to pony up real money to play their favorite Avenger in this "free" game when they were enjoying them in the open beta.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    iron man, smiron man.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by syltmacka
    iron man, smiron man.

An even better news story.

Sweet patriot, right there.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Deeter

Imagine how pissed off everyone will be when they play the game when it launches that they have to pony up real money to play their favorite Avenger in this "free" game when they were enjoying them in the open beta.

Not to mention the fact that several heroes aren't even available with their own starter pack any more. You have to buy a $60 pack to get them now...

Just when you think the PS2 graphics, mostly horrid voice acting, kiddie aesthetics, boring gameplay, uninspired powers, and absurd pricing model couldn't possibly fill this game with any more liquid failure, Gazillion manages to shove in another couple gallons.

Edit: Lego Marvel Super Heroes, if it follows suit with the other LEGO games, will be a hundred times better than this turd. Plus it'll cost less than 1/3rd of the price!

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681
    is it just me or did they make this game for the ipad or something, it looks horribly simple and unfun.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Rednecksith
    Originally posted by Deeter

Not to mention the fact that several heroes aren't even available with their own starter pack any more. You have to buy a $60 pack to get them now...

Just when you think the PS2 graphics, mostly horrid voice acting, kiddie aesthetics, boring gameplay, uninspired powers, and absurd pricing model couldn't possibly fill this game with any more liquid failure, Gazillion manages to shove in another couple gallons.

Edit: Lego Marvel Super Heroes, if it follows suit with the other LEGO games, will be a hundred times better than this turd. Plus it'll cost less than 1/3rd of the price!

well considering that Hellgate London was the last game their lead guy brought out, the under delivery is not too surprising

at least it manages to be somewhat better than HG:L

• Juice2000Juice2000 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Sure when the game launches u'll have limited heroes to choose from as free player but as stated all heroes and 90% of the costumes can be unlocked in game without spending a penny. So please remember to mention that when saying players will have to pay to play as their fav heroes, it simply isnt true. 

Also lets not forget that those starter packs which arnt available now were for several months up untill recently and upon official launch wll be purchasable once more.

Finally this games not claiming to be the next big thing. It simply is a game which allows you to play as marvel heroes along side friends, to recreate some Avenger/Fantastic 4/X-Men fun for free.

Its a game to play along side  more engossing and deeper games, when u need a break or jus a bit of silly fun smashing things up. So base the game on what it is and be fair when you criticise it. Its not half as bad as many make it out to be.