Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I found my new love

d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219
Yes i have i owned gw2 since xmas didn't really try it thought it'd run shit on my crapazoid pc but no! runs decent enough. Having such a blast when i am working i want to be home playing lol. The greatest mmo i played since EQ2 and FFXI straight up least in my opinion :D

Comments

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315
    welcome to the game to bad your us since i cant help you any being a eu player ^_^
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Yea this not going to end well.

Matter fact let me line it up.

"No trinity, no soul."

"No forced social mechanics, not a social game."

"Not P2W, but because I dislike the game it's P2W."

"Not an MMORPG, because I say so."

"Game sucks."

"No meaningful stuff, cause well one I can't get stronger and stronger to be God like."

"Good luck getting good gear cause I can't seem to manage my own in game currency so I'll blame the devs and just lie and say the only way to get gold is by rl cash."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

By the way as a side note, I feel this should be in the review section.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by RizelStar

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"No meaningful stuff, cause well one I can't get stronger and stronger to be God like."

"Good luck getting good gear cause I can't seem to manage my own in game currency so I'll blame the devs and just lie and say the only way to get gold is by rl cash."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

You forgot::

"No raiding"

"No depth or shallow game" which as far as I can tell usually means no raiding or trinity.  Cause trinity is the only way roles can be defined. 

• d00fbysanchod00fbysancho Member Posts: 219
    Valid point i can understand what you are saying but wether or not this should be in the
    eview section shouldn't matter this is the first online game besides torchlight i have fun in i like my guild my server is awesome people constantly talking in one day i made 20 lvls and done shit that would of take me months to do solo. BTW i know someone wills ay it i don't care if my grammar sucks so yeah
    Originally posted by Muntz

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

"No raiding"

"No depth or shallow game" which as far as I can tell usually means no raiding or trinity.  Cause trinity is the only way roles can be defined. 

Ah yes forgot those and yea your right about the depth or shallow game part, that's usually what it comes down to these days.

@OP: Fair enough but I'm just letting you know how threads like this usually end up being far as posts go.

Then usually fans of the game(Like me) would counter those above posts, only concluding to the sheer fact that the game isn't for everyone, yet you have those that believe "Because the game isn't for me, it shouldn't be for you either." Then vice versa.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Then usually fans of the game(Like me) would counter those above posts, only concluding to the sheer fact that the game isn't for everyone, yet you have those that believe "Because the game isn't for me, it shouldn't be for you either." Then vice versa.

Yeah, I think this sums it up pretty accurately unfortunately. I was about to counter those typical complaints but you reminded me it's nothing that hasn't been argued to death before, and it doesn't get anywhere.

I'll just say GW2 is a great mmo and I've enjoyed it since the beginning. Don't let anyone ruin your fun d00f. All my prior guildies disappeared but it's easy to just find another guild still playing and active when that happens.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Welcome aboard, hope you have fun for a long time to come.
    I really am loving the game on a real note i went from 22-29 in a few hours because i was grouping with randoms which i made friends with to me this game was meantfor me to play having way to much fun with it 110 deaths in 4 days still loving it lol
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Welcome to the fam.

If you need someone to quest with ya, send me a PM.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• shenfreyshenfrey Member UncommonPosts: 114

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

I understand you may feel there is a point to your post, however in my opinion it has come off as a troll post in disguise. 

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by shenfrey

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

I understand you may feel there is a point to your post, however in my opinion it has come off as a troll post in disguise. 

That is not a troll. If you look at ANY GW2 thread there will ALWAYS be multiple posts like the above. If people don't like the game that is fine, but to seem to belittle a person who DOES like the game comes off as trolling or just arrogance.

• AdrenAdren Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Rizel is just quoting all the negativity before the trolls spot the thread and make 12 pages about how much they hate the game.
  • JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

"No raiding"

This without the sarcasm.

I've never quit within 1 week of hitting level cap in any game but Guild Wars 2, but it managed to pull it off. PvP feels like a spam-fest, and so does PvE. In dungeons you literally just faceroll everything because there's no dedicated healing or tanking. It's the worst PvE experience I've ever had in my entire life.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

"No raiding"

I've never quit within 1 week of hitting level cap in any game but Guild Wars 2, but it managed to pull it off. PvP feels like a spam-fest, and so does PvE. In dungeons you literally just faceroll everything because there's no dedicated healing or tanking. It's the worst PvE experience I've ever had in my entire life.

Every game I have played was like that until you actually understood the mechanics and skills (like synergy of skills in the game). Then that goes away. A great example was Rift, when it first came out. People were complaining and not really thinking how to play the builds - so many builds got nerfed into oblivion because people were whining just like you are.

You have not played since A.Net has patched things but you are assuming nothing has changed and it has. Please make sure you put your opinion in quotes with, 'I am a hater and this is how I think. I have only played it initially but have not since'.

I am happy there is not dedicated healing or tanking - that makes the game feel cheesy anymore to me.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Welcome to GW2!  Ive been playing since launch and probably enjoy it more than when I first started.  The monthly updates put the lie to the argument sub games give you more each month.  Not sure it is the best game I have ever played, but I am still having a blast and on weekends up late.  
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by JonnyBigBoss

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

"No raiding"

Every game I have played was like that until you actually understood the mechanics and skills (like synergy of skills in the game). Then that goes away. A great example was Rift, when it first came out. People were complaining and not really thinking how to play the builds - so many builds got nerfed into oblivion because people were whining just like you are.

You have not played since A.Net has patched things but you are assuming nothing has changed and it has. Please make sure you put your opinion in quotes with, 'I am a hater and this is how I think. I have only played it initially but have not since'.

I am happy there is not dedicated healing or tanking - that makes the game feel cheesy anymore to me.

Not to mention but if the game was built on a holy trinity set up, especially with dungeons, cut the difficulty by the new temporary dungeon in half.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

Truth be told, i am enjoying it more now than at launch. They did some fix here and there.

Sometimes you just have to roll some alts to fall in love with your main again =x

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

My characters name is ayukenshin i am on anvil rock lvl 32 elementalist anyone is welcome to msg me and group lvl 80 or lvl 1 i am always up for grouping hope to see you all in game sometime ;D
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

If you are looking for a guild or just someone to roll around with, im on JQ and would be happy to make your time even more enjoyable! 450+ in the guild from all timezones, we do guild events daily, dungeons, legendaries, etc etc etc. 

clicky

And i have my own personal army of chars to thwart your enemies with lol.

My names Taaz ingame. Let me know if need anything. can guest to your server to give ya  a hand image

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Those of us that play main healer's in other game's quite enjoy it so a game like GW2 that takes that away from us sucks. I could also go on for 12 pages about the other things GW2 did wrong if you'd like. Just let me know. ;)
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

"No trinity, no soul."

"Game sucks."

"Game is not a sandbox."

"To each his/her own."

Some people really put forth some well thought out arguments about some of the things in that list. I think to say "its not a mmorpg because i said so" is trivializing the arguments.

Yes i have i owned gw2 since xmas didn't really try it thought it'd run shit on my crapazoid pc but no! runs decent enough. Having such a blast when i am working i want to be home playing lol. The greatest mmo i played since EQ2 and FFXI straight up least in my opinion :D
    Have fun.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Those of us that play main healer's in other game's quite enjoy it so a game like GW2 that takes that away from us sucks. I could also go on for 12 pages about the other things GW2 did wrong if you'd like. Just let me know. ;)

Just like one can do with any MMO game and likely with more pages?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Amazing game for sure! I burned myself out a bit trying too many different class/race combos at launch. But I still come back every once in a while. Eventually I'll get back into it more seriously once my burnout fades.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by Leiloni

That's why those other games exist. And those of us get tired of waiting around for main healers forever, are greatful to not have to do it sometimes!

So there's arguments on both sides.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Seems a lot of people are enjoying this MMO. Although I scratch my head as to why, probably one of those most shallow/boring gaming experiences I've ever had. Although the game has a lot of polish I'll give it that. Anyway that's just my personal opinion, if this is what people actually like I can't tell them otherwise.

O_o o_O