Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Healing class dilemma. Scoundrel vs Commando

DeathStrokeDeathStroke Member UncommonPosts: 41
I am really struggling with which to go with. Right now I've played each to right around lvl 20 and I'm really enjoying both, but because of time limitations, I would like to focus on 1. I am mostly a PvE player that does occasionally get into PvP, but not enough for it to really make that much of a difference. I plan on doing Ops and FPs (assuming I find a good guild, which I haven't yet). 

I'm really looking for something that will be welcomed onto teams but is functional doing the quests/dailies. I do have a lvl 50 Sage that I played a lot before needing to leave the game about 9 months ago, but it was purely DPS so I would like to jump into healing. I'm having a hard time finding up to date info on each healer with 2.0 changes. If someone could tell me some strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance

Comments

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Tough choice. I personally like the commando who is heavier armored.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    Tough choice. I personally like the commando who is heavier armored.

But then the armor is mostly looks, just heavy armor alone does not add much as defence

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by DeathStroke
    I am really struggling with which to go with. Right now I've played each to right around lvl 20 and I'm really enjoying both, but because of time limitations, I would like to focus on 1. I am mostly a PvE player that does occasionally get into PvP, but not enough for it to really make that much of a difference. I plan on doing Ops and FPs (assuming I find a good guild, which I haven't yet). 

I'm really looking for something that will be welcomed onto teams but is functional doing the quests/dailies. I do have a lvl 50 Sage that I played a lot before needing to leave the game about 9 months ago, but it was purely DPS so I would like to jump into healing. I'm having a hard time finding up to date info on each healer with 2.0 changes. If someone could tell me some strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance

For a healer, I'd go Scoundrel for a much much more interesting class. I play both (on the imperial side though), love my operative oh so much more. As for pro's and con's, when you'll do your dailies and can skip past almost anything, don't forget to thank "that guy on the forums" :)) A healer with stealth, what do you want more?

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    If you have played WoW, Commando plays like a resto shaman, scoundral plays like a holy pally, and Jedi consular plays like a disc priest.
  • VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Played both of them, Combat Medic Commando would be my first choice, he does an exceptional job for me.

Plus the fact that i never really saw my Smuggler as a dedicated healer from a RP perspective:)

It's a matter of personal preference really, they are both quite good at what they can do.